Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

I have seen concerns for coach Boom not having a great second year at Texas...He is NOT my choice by the way....but I was thinking that was somewhat of a tradition at Texas......First year wunderkind second year stinking up the joint. How many times has this happened to us?

Manny Diaz

Vance Bedford

Will Muschamp

Todd Orlando

Everyone of them were great their first year, but really bad the second. WTF?

3 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

I have seen concerns for coach Boom not having a great second year at Texas...He is NOT my choice by the way....but I was thinking that was somewhat of a tradition at Texas......First year wunderkind second year stinking up the joint. How many times has this happened to us?

Manny Diaz

Vance Bedford

Will Muschamp

Todd Orlando

Maybe that is why Ash is not being considered highly. Eliminate the 2nd year curse before it happens.🤣

11 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

Manny Diaz

Vance Bedford

Will Muschamp

Todd Orlando

Moral of the story is to fire the DC every year 🤪

34 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

Manny Diaz

Vance Bedford

Will Muschamp

Todd Orlando

Good point.  

I object to Diaz having a good first year.  When Mack brought him back; this arguably cost him his job. Otherwise, you da man!

2 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

Manny Diaz

Vance Bedford

Will Muschamp

Todd Orlando

Muschamp coached at UT for three years. It was his third year that we went 5-7 when Mack took the year off.

1 minute ago, DBOOK23 said:

Strength and conditioning 

Oh, okay.  That’s odd.... they’re breaking that into two jobs?  Or are we going to blow off conditioning?😏

edit.... NM you already stated the answer.  

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

Muschamp coached at UT for three years. It was his third year that we went 5-7 when Mack took the year off.

Thanks.  so.... 08 - 10?

Boom could be really good.  I didn’t appreciate year “3.”  His D didn’t appear to be well coached.  

9 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

Thanks.  so.... 08 - 10?

Boom could be really good.  I didn’t appreciate year “3.”  His D didn’t appear to be well coached.  

That was the year that Mack decided to get rid of that crummy spread offense that he won the NC with. Decided to be like Saban. The joke is that Saban went to the spread years later.

The defense wasn't good that year, but the offense made it more difficult. 

Just now, oldhorn2 said:

that type offense was much more effective if you had ....oh, say....uh Vince Young operating it....

exactly.  and why Colt blossomed when they went to a full spread offense in 2008.  Colt was not a run-first type of QB

7 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

So we get candidates fast and furious on defense for like three days straight, then today things are as quiet as a mouse.. interesting 

Sark admitted that he is in game prep mode right now. 

the offense is almost set.  The defense is waiting a DC which should be Muschamp until it itsnt

4 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

Manny Diaz

Vance Bedford

Will Muschamp

Todd Orlando

Big 12 offenses adjusted; they didn’t. 

12 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

Sark admitted that he is in game prep mode right now. 

the offense is almost set.  The defense is waiting a DC which should be Muschamp until it itsnt

I don’t think it’s Muschamp anymore I think it’s an nfl guy

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic