Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

I have been extremely satisfied with our selection of newly hired coaches.  The  big one left leaves me worried.  I certainly hope it is Not Will Much.  His style of violent antics would not motivate me at all.  I have no bases for my thoughts other than he seems to quickly lose the faith of his teams.  Show me that video clip of him attacking a chalk board and I would say "No Thanks".

29 minutes ago, gmcc said:

I have been extremely satisfied with our selection of newly hired coaches.  The  big one left leaves me worried.  I certainly hope it is Not Will Much.  His style of violent antics would not motivate me at all.  I have no bases for my thoughts other than he seems to quickly lose the faith of his teams.  Show me that video clip of him attacking a chalk board and I would say "No Thanks".

I like his intensity.  I think you are in an extreme minority on that front.

My problem with the whole Muschamp concept is that people fall in love with all the caged lion, bleeding face and chest bump stuff and completely forget how bad his second year defense at Texas was!

Will was a very good DC at Auburn.  He was also a very good DC year 1 in Austin.  Maybe he spent year 2 trying to get out of Austin because the “coach in waiting” thing wasn’t happening as quickly as he planned... maybe he was interviewing during the season?   Muschamp can recruit and has been a good DC in the past   My hesitation is the atrocity that was year 2 at UT!

6 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

I like his intensity.  I think you are in an extreme minority on that front.

My problem with the whole Muschamp concept is that people fall in love with all the caged lion, bleeding face and chest bump stuff and completely forget how bad his second year defense at Texas was!

Will was a very good DC at Auburn.  He was also a very good DC year 1 in Austin.  Maybe he spent year 2 trying to get out of Austin because the “coach in waiting” thing wasn’t happening as quickly as he planned... maybe he was interviewing during the season?   Muschamp can recruit and has been a good DC in the past   My hesitation is the atrocity that was year 2 at UT!

in Will's defense you cant make chicken salad out of chicken****...its no secret that recruiting coordination fell off sharply in the late MB years. The university let a ton of homegrown talent leave the state and were not competitive in getting blue chippers to come to the 40 Acres...His style might chafe some people but when was the last time Texas had a nasty defense that could flat out whip people and create fear, for a while it seemed like we were DBU and then all of a sudden we quit being that school...

22 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

Over Wiggins? No way. We played Kai Money over scholarship guys in crucial times 

They’re around these guys 18 hours a day. I have confidence he was playing the best person at that moment rather than who I think should play while sitting on my couch. 

8 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

They’re around these guys 18 hours a day. I have confidence he was playing the best person at that moment rather than who I think should play while sitting on my couch. 

But the same guys gave RoJo the same touches as Bijan. I figured out that was wrong sitting on my couch. 

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic