Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

Man not to just shit on Herman because it’s the easy thing to do right now but what a breath of fresh air. Herman came in and was arrogant and fired everyone upon arrival even when we had great coaches like Traylor on board. I like how sark is at least open to keeping good people 

1 minute ago, DBOOK23 said:

Man not to just shit on Herman because it’s the easy thing to do right now but what a breath of fresh air. Herman came in and was arrogant and fired everyone upon arrival even when we had great coaches like Traylor on board. I like how sark is at least open to keeping good people 

agree... and it looks to be an upgrade at each position so far. Strong and Herman's comfort hires did not do them any favors

5 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

I expect some movement tomorrow it’s crazy that we don’t have a strength coach hire yet Herman and Strong made those right away... also OB mentioned earlier that sark is reaching out to recruiting directors at other top programs around the country and that one was open to having carrington work under him. So I’m not sure that carringtons role with sark is gonna be as recruiting director. Apparently usc really wants him

I don't know what the requirements for recruiting  directors are, but I would think that being well liked is just one of them.

5 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

Bob Shipley followed sark on Twitter so here’s to hoping he sticks around. I don’t love the fact that they actually play but I do love our walk-on program

K St did pretty good with walk-ons under Snyder.

8 hours ago, primal defense said:

You want to hire the coaches who are recruiters, so on January 12 they can hit the ground running. Although a strength coach name came up Ivan in Seattle who has a history of players getting hurt.

I think I have overrated recruiting for decades.  Texas consistently underperforms its recruiting rankings.   Recruiting is certainly very important but is dwarfed in comparison to developing the players on campus.  Ideally you’d have both.  

UT kind of recruits itself.  We got a top 20 haul in the early recruiting class in the midst of a trash fire.  I hope Sark’s focus is 100% on player development when putting his staff together.   Develop players, win games and then recruiting takes care of itself.  

Big updates from IT, Offensive staff seems done. Ash is less likely he could be going to Arizona. Bo Davis seems in, list of smoke on Tosh, Hutzler is getting a hard look, Gideon is being considered, Corey Raymond is a possibility, we are looking for a DC

9 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

agree... and it looks to be an upgrade at each position so far. Strong and Herman's comfort hires did not do them any favors

Maybe comfort hires on Herman's part but if I remember correctly Strong had a limited budget from the great Steve Patterson.  I remember that Strong wanted Chad Morris for OC.

1 minute ago, Wayne said:

Maybe comfort hires on Herman's part but if I remember correctly Strong had a limited budget from the great Steve Patterson.  I remember that Strong wanted Chad Morris for OC.

Morris had an insane buyout at Clemson I remember he was the only one administration said no to everyone else ol chuck did free, willingly , and of his own accord.

44 minutes ago, Wayne said:

I may be mistaken but I thought there was some talk of Charlie bringing in Riley before OU hired him but the admin (Patterson) was severely limiting. There was lots of talk of a home run OC hire and then we got Watson.🤨

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic