Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steve Sarkisian named head coach at Texas

5 minutes ago, zion3d said:

Sark is going to pick the defensive guy that he thinks best complements the offense that they will run.  As many have said we need to play complementary football.  I think he is open to Ash but does not feel obligated to keep him in order to appease the players or fans.  Ultimately his hire will be the dude that he thinks will bring him the most success at Texas, period!  Time will prove whether his decisions are spot on.  I think the DC position its likely between Ash and Odom.

I agree, but there's also something to be said for continuity. For the returning players this will be the 3rd DC in 3 years. If all of these guys are close (in his mind) then having an established defense can be a pretty big advantage to a new HC. 

Also I don't think it has anything to do with appeasement. We finally saw a DC make a dent in the B12. And I know the long term is more important, but if Ash was somewhere else in the B12 we'd be saying "What about a guy like Ash?"

• Administrators
Just now, Sirhornsalot said:

1. Both would be good hires. I would give Lupoi a co-DC at best though. Wiggins is solid hire.

2. I've heard Ainsley's name a lot in the last 24 hours. Several members of the Tennessee staff are wanting out. Ainsley would be a solid DB hire – or – co-DC. Since Raymond is listed, I assume Ainsley would be targeted as a co-DC.

3. Raymond is an ace recruiter. I think we lost DB hotshot (Florida) Tim Irvin to this guy. Have heard nothing but glowing things about his coaching and his recruiting.

You're thinking Travaris Robinson (aka T-Rob) for Irvin.

He flipped to Auburn even though people knew Muschamp was going to leave and take Robinson with him.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

What happened to Kyle Flood? Heard his name early in this saga, but not much in the last day or so

Haven't seen anything good or bad on him today.

7 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

You're thinking Travaris Robinson (aka T-Rob) for Irvin.

He flipped to Auburn even though people knew Muschamp was going to leave and take Robinson with him.

You're right. So he's been kicking our butt from LSU. lol

18 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

What happened to Kyle Flood? Heard his name early in this saga, but not much in the last day or so

Well, there is this on Wikipedia 🙂

Kyle J. Flood (born January 20, 1971) is an American football coach and former player. He is currently the offensive line coach for the Texas Longhorns of the Big 12 Conference.

the one thing about Sark is that he can see how much/little patience we had for the last 2 coaches. He also knows this may be his ONLY chance at redemption. He absolutely cannot screw this up and he knows he has at tops 4 years to reach top National status. He either gets this staff right (both recruiting and performance on the field) or he is on the coaching ash heap forever.

I NEED that kind of urgency from my coach. He has to understand that he is as desperate as we are for ...WINNING RIGHT NOW DAMMIT!

The last 2 guys acted like they had DKR or Mack status without first earning it. We dont have time to screw around!

4 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Well, there is this on Wikipedia 🙂

Kyle J. Flood (born January 20, 1971) is an American football coach and former player. He is currently the offensive line coach for the Texas Longhorns of the Big 12 Conference.

I saw that also....from Wickapedias pages to Gods lips....This might be the scoop of the week!....Nice catch!

4 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

the one thing about Sark is that he can see how much/little patience we had for the last 2 coaches. He also knows this may be his ONLY chance at redemption. He absolutely cannot screw this up and he knows he has at tops 4 years to reach top National status. He either gets this staff right (both recruiting and performance on the field) or he is on the coaching ash heap forever.

I NEED that kind of urgency from my coach. He has to understand that he is as desperate as we are for ...WINNING RIGHT NOW DAMMIT!

The last 2 guys acted like they had DKR or Mack status without first earning it. We dont have time to screw around!

You should definitely email this to Sark as soon as possible. He needs to know this. 

Just messing with ya, lol. 

1 minute ago, North Texas Golfer said:

You should definitely email this to Sark as soon as possible. He needs to know this. 

Just messing with ya, lol. 

seriously....is this not the case?....good thing you have his pvt email!....

1 hour ago, zion3d said:

Sark is going to pick the defensive guy that he thinks best complements the offense that they will run.  As many have said we need to play complementary football.  I think he is open to Ash but does not feel obligated to keep him in order to appease the players or fans.  Ultimately his hire will be the dude that he thinks will bring him the most success at Texas, period!  Time will prove whether his decisions are spot on.  I think the DC position its likely between Ash and Odom.

Stopping your opponent works with most offenses.   

2 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Well maybe they reengaged because he was out earlier today.

Yeah he said that we should take Muschamp declining only at face value because it’s a public negotiation so Texas just needs to up their offer

14 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

Yeah he said that we should take Muschamp declining only at face value because it’s a public negotiation so Texas just needs to up their offer

Well, that was the expectation on the Muschamp side. In response, Texas turned its eye to Odoms. So it will be interesting to see who flinches, if either side does flinch.

I suppose Texas may throw out another offer with a little more money, but probably not as much as Muschamp was expecting.

Yes, Texas has money. But we just finished spending $25-6 million to get to this point. I'm glad UT side is not just making it rain money.

4 hours ago, TexExSpur said:

Lack the Jimmy's.

Not really. Jalon Catalon is a beast at safety ... too much so at times. One of their LBs was named an all-American and the other LB had over 100 tackles, so he at least had a few Jimmy's. Missouri ran up and down the field on them. Arkansas gave up about a 75-yard scoring drive in 46 seconds to end the game. Odom is OK, but not a home run hire, IMO. 

• TFloss32 locked and unpinned this topic