Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

USC fan giving some info on Sark

Hello,

Trojan here wanted to give you what I know about Sark as it looks like he is headed your way.  BTW I come in peace I have no hard feelings about 2005 and am a HOrns fan also.  

Sark came here in 2001 with Carroll and Norm Chow as co-offensive coordinator.  He was with the Raiders in 2004 as QB coach and came back to USC in 2005 as co-offensive coordinator with Lane Kiffen. He did a great job with our offense and QB's.

In 2007 Al DAvis offered him the job as Raiders coach.  He did not want it and instead of telling the Raiders, he walked out of his office and let the phone ring when Davis called. The raiders then offered the job to Kiffen.

In 2009 he was offered the HC job at WAshington.  This is where we began to hear negative things about him.  He brought in a bunch of his buddies like Justin Wilcox who were the same age and everyone at UW hated them. They called Sark  "the frat boy"  because he would literally after practice go to frat parties and drink with the students. He would drink in his football office. He was there to party and coach.  

In 2013 of course USC hired him back as HC, and the UW fans threw a party.  They were glad to see him gone.  I talked to alot of them.  During his time here  numerous players got into trouble with the NCAA and he was reprimanded by the NCAA for "abusing an official and trying to influence the outcome of a game"  against Stanford. His drinking was of epic proportions.  He was drunk before games. He was drunk during games.  He was drunk after games.  He would be so drunk he couldn't call plays.  He finally got outed when he was so drunk in a game vs. Oregon he passed out on the plane ride back and the kids had to carry him to his house. needless to say, he was fired. The only thing he did after we fired him was to sue us for breach of contract which was settled out of court.  He said he got the help he needed with his alcoholism.

Of course he seems to of done a great job for Alabama and the Falcons.  I hope he has straightened himself out and got the help he needed and he does well at UT. He is a nice guy and a good OC.  The only thing that I didn't like about him was liek alot of teams with a former OC as HC,  the defense he put on the field was not always so great and his final record while HC at USC was 12-6 and we were never considered a top tier team when he was here.

So take from that what you want.  He is a excellent OC.  But has alot of baggage.  Hope he does well and BTW you can have Todd Orlando back

Edited by MichiganFan
grammar
16 hours ago, UT1983 said:

I am sure UT fully vetted this guy.   Yes he has a bad past, but as long as it stays in the past, I am good with it. 

I'd like to know what "fully vetted" entails.

Did we have a private investigator tail him for a couple of weeks to make sure he was attending scheduled AA meetings? We all like CDC, but he's never hired a big-time football coach before. This is the most important hire of his career as an AD. I hope he reviewed Sark's background and file more thoroughly than Perrin did Herman's.

7 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

I'd like to know what "fully vetted" entails.

Did we have a private investigator tail him for a couple of weeks to make sure he was attending scheduled AA meetings? We all like CDC, but he's never hired a big-time football coach before. This is the most important hire of his career as an AD. I hope he reviewed Sark's background and file more thoroughly than Perrin did Herman's.

No need to hire any PI at this point.  CDC has you to make sure Sark stays on the straight and narrow. 

2 minutes ago, UT1983 said:

No need to hire any PI at this point.  CDC has you to make sure Sark stays on the straight and narrow. 

Very clever, but that doesn't answer my question. 

Regrettably, I don't live in ATX and have no interest in reviewing or overseeing Sark's habits outside of coaching football.

The man’s past and the demons he’s dealt with is well-documented. It seems like he’s come a long way, learned from his mistakes, and matured. I applaud the man for the progress he’s made and hope the fanbase will support him instead of rehashing his past mistakes. Our rival fan bases will do more than enough of that in the seasons to come.

1 hour ago, longhorn_mig said:

The man’s past and the demons he’s dealt with is well-documented. It seems like he’s come a long way, learned from his mistakes, and matured. I applaud the man for the progress he’s made and hope the fanbase will support him instead of rehashing his past mistakes. Our rival fan bases will do more than enough of that in the seasons to come.

I agree.  CDC said in one of the interviews that he has known Sark for quite some time.  For whatever that’s worth...