Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So who do we play next Thanksgiving?

Word is Texas will not play TAM next season and certainly won't play them on Thanksgiving in the future, so I wondered who might be in line for that 'Turkey Day' game?

The contenders, in no particular order:

TCU...Could we see a Friday game in Cowboys Stadium? Jerry would unload the vault for such a game but losing 90K in Austin would be hard to stomach. That would mean two games at a neutral site in a given year.

Texas Tech...Ichabod Crane, Tech's head coach has publicly stated he would love to play on Thanksgiving. It is a natural rivalry and it would be nice to eat my turkey and watch Texas kick the stuffing, pun intended, out of the Red Raiders.

Baylor..Doesn't get my juices flowing because I don't have that degree of hate for our Lil' buddies in Waco. Plus Baylor has indicated no interest in the game.

Notre Dame...This one makes me salivate but so does Miller Lite. Turkey and dressing, UT football and Catholics all seem to work here. The LHN would up the ante by several million to get this game on a regular basis. Plus it fits with a rumor about ND and UT getting all lo-vie for a annual game.

No Thanksgiving Game..That is always a possibility and should not be dismissed.

What do you think?:)

Word is Texas will not play TAM next season and certainly won't play them on Thanksgiving in the future, so I wondered who might be in line for that 'Turkey Day' game?

The contenders, in no particular order:

TCU...Could we see a Friday game in Cowboys Stadium? Jerry would unload the vault for such a game but losing 90K in Austin would be hard to stomach. That would mean two games at a neutral site in a given year.

Texas Tech...Ichabod Crane, Tech's head coach has publicly stated he would love to play on Thanksgiving. It is a natural rivalry and it would be nice to eat my turkey and watch Texas kick the stuffing, pun intended, out of the Red Raiders.

Baylor..Doesn't get my juices flowing because I don't have that degree of hate for our Lil' buddies in Waco. Plus Baylor has indicated no interest in the game.

Notre Dame...This one makes me salivate but so does Miller Lite. Turkey and dressing, UT football and Catholics all seem to work here. The LHN would up the ante by several million to get this game on a regular basis. Plus it fits with a rumor about ND and UT getting all lo-vie for a annual game.

No Thanksgiving Game..That is always a possibility and should not be dismissed.

What do you think?:)

I would rather see us play a nonconference game on Turkey Day - Nothing against the other Big XII (and future Big XII) teams but we need a marquee matchup - like Notre Dame. Big tv draw, maybe have it at Jerry World? Think BIG!

Every Aggie fan and alumnus would like to continue the Thanksgiving tradition of playing TU. The reality is our 2012 schedule is in the hands of the SEC now. Because of the odd number of teams in the SEC as it stands now, scheduling is a frightening task. Not out of the question that we might continue to play but certainly unlikely.

Every Aggie fan and alumnus would like to continue the Thanksgiving tradition of playing TU. The reality is our 2012 schedule is in the hands of the SEC now. Because of the odd number of teams in the SEC as it stands now, scheduling is a frightening task. Not out of the question that we might continue to play but certainly unlikely.

I am quite sure TAM would like to continue to play Texas as your grand pupah has indicated. Only one real problem the feeling is not mutual in UT Nation. Now run along and play Vanderbilt on Turkey Day.

• Administrators

I wouldn't mind replacing the annual aggy game with another Big XII team. When traditions end it makes sense to start a new one. It also makes sense to keep the game between two Texas schools since it IS Thanksgiving (and being close to home on Thanksgiving is something to consider for players and their families). NO, i don't think they should play Texas State on Thanksgiving - More like a Texas/Baylor or Texas/TCU matchup would be good. Heck, even a Texas/TTU game would be nice. I would prefer the home and home vs. having it at Cowboy Stadium.