Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****GAME THREAD: #21 Texas Longhorns vs. #15 Iowa State Cyclones*****

Aaron Carrara

15 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

Absolutely zero pressure on Purdy.

I love Chris Ash and hope that he’s here next year (whatever happens with the head coach).  

Always  remember what this defense looked like “pre-Ash.”  

Other coaches doing work:

Boulware - Special teams      Hutzler - Linebackers 

The Texas offense always makes me wonder if Herman and Jurcich are alternating the play calls. It just always seems like the scheme is disjointed or herky jerky and never has any rhythm. Having 2 play callers reminds me of the old adage about qbs; if you have 2 then you really don't have 1. 

1 minute ago, NEOkHorn said:

The Texas offense always makes me wonder if Herman and Jurcich are alternating the play calls. It just always seems like the scheme is disjointed or herky jerky and never has any rhythm. Having 2 play callers reminds me of the old adage about qbs; if you have 2 then you really don't have 1. 

I'm guessing herman is butting in too often. I don't recall Yurcich's oki lite's offenses having multiple series in a row of suckage.

2 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

I love Chris Ash and hope that he’s here next year (whatever happens with the head coach).  

Always  remember what this defense looked like “pre-Ash.”  

Other coaches doing work:

Boulware - Special teams      Hutzler - Linebackers 

Agreed. I've always been a fan of Ash. Actually use a lot of his DB stuff with my kids. 

More consistency from our offense would make this defense perform a lot better in my opinion.

1 minute ago, texbound said:

Brightside, Texas got a 3rd and 1 stop.  So, that's something. 

Hey, here is something for the O, maybe get back to running with Bijan and throwing underneath the zone with Smith and Whittington.  Get the ball to playmakers in space.  Just a thought.

Yup. I thought Smith and Whittington recruited for that reason.

does anyone know the reason that the Sirius /XM radio feed with Craig Way doing the homer call is always a couple of minutes behind the live game version being broadcast on TV, even today its on the ESPNU radio network and is a full 2-3 plays behind...very annoying...is it against regulations to have a simulcast ?