Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Would you rather have Blake Bell or David Ash?

bbdude

• Administrators

SoonerNation.com write Jake Trotter writes that he would rather "roll into the Cotton Bowl with the unknown of Bell versus the known of Texas quarterback David Ash," in a recent piece he an HornsNation's William Wilkerson squared off in (College Football Hot Button Topic of the week - College Football - ESPN). I find it ridiculous, just as everyone else that isn't an OU fan does, that a guy that has played the Tebow role in package plays is supposedly a better qb than David Ash. Hell, even the Heisman Pundit asks the question (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDwQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fheismanpundit.com%2F2013%2F05%2F01%2Fis-blake-bell-the-top-heisman-dark-horse%2F&ei=TEbsUeaSJ5LkqAHgqYHIAw&usg=AFQjCNGz5YwlxmNJhxoZKaa8c0FtygcdhQ&sig2=4bU6v6hGfjkiAHetfC1_qQ&bvm=bv.49478099,d.aWM) "Is Blake Bell the top Heisman Dark Horse?"

In all seriousness folks, I would roll with Ash over Bell. The proof is in the pudding.

Ash career stats: 3,778 passing yards, 23 td's and 16 picks. Ash has 3 rushing td's.

Bell career stats: 115 passing yards, 0 td's and 1 pick. Bell has 24 rushing td's.

Bell's rushing yardage was not Vince Young-esque, where he consistently gobbled up turf. He averaged around 3.5 yards per and ran most of it out of the wildcat. Career-wise he has only run for 372 yards and he hasn't proven himself to be a guy that can lead you to a quick come from behind victory with his arm.... David Ash has 244 career rushing yards.

I respect Bell's rushing accomplishments but unless you are a true mobile quarterback with some serious skills, I'll take David Ash over Blake Bell any day.

hi-res-155984590_crop_650x440.jpg?1354838838

• Administrators

Bobby Stoops said at media days that Blake Bell hasn't been named "the guy" yet. That's the biggest load of crap I have ever hear. Stoops also said that bell has a beautiful deep ball & can throw the deep pass. Bell has like 115 passing yards in 2 years.

BJqoao0CIAErqUv.jpglarge_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75