Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lemme get this straight

For the most part our team doesn’t stay for/stand/sing/put horns up or participate in singing the Eyes of Texas?  And the head coach doesn’t enforce the Athletic Director’s directives?  Tom Herman should be fired for insubordination if he is guilty. End of story. There is no excuse.  If not because of that he should be let go by the end of the season for not developing his players and for fielding a mediocre product over four years. Four years is enough time to see progress. Charlie got three but had losing seasons in each.

Now on to Del Conte.  He screwed up from the beginning by giving into the DEMANDS of 18 year old kids.  DEMANDS.  Conversation is good but don’t give into DEMANDS of student athletes that attend your university for free in exchange for playing football. The faucet was turned on and now the dam has broken. What did CDC think was going to happen?

Texas did this to themselves and now they are in a BIG BIG pickle. When your head coach is prancing down Congress avenue with his team at a BLM march what kind of message does that send to the players about a now controversial subject like The Eyes of Texas? CDC better fix this problem but I fear it is irreparable.  This has trickled over into the Longhorn Band now. The band won’t be at the Baylor game this weekend because I read they don’t have enough band members to participate. WTF! Are you kidding me?  According to the Daily Texan the band members were asked in a survey if they would play the Eyes of Texas. Enough evidently said no meaning they don't have the number of band members to play on Saturday.  Again, the inmates are running the asylum and CDC is sitting back and watching. UT has turned into Berkeley. I don’t know who is calling the shots at Belmont but they better get control of this situation pretty quick. And while they are at it please get these young men some real coaches with players that want to be there playing for the university. Dumpster fire doesn't come close to describing what's happening on campus now.

I would just remove any Band members that dont want to play it.  We can always find more or as @Sirhornsalot mentioned invite HS bands.  Employees that pull that crap get fired and replaced.  I dont see why students should be treated differently.  You dont want to play it then find someone who does.  Problem fixed. 

Any players not wanting to stand for the Eyes, show them the portal.  They are not entitled to that scholarship.  They can go elsewhere for all I care.  I do not want them here at all, yes that means you Overshown and whoever else.  I dont care how athletic they are.  I would rather have scab roster of players who feel proud of our school and song than listen to this activist bullshit one more minute.  This entire movement has crushed the excitement and spirit of the game for me personally.  I would rather watch a bunch D5 5th graders play than this self righteous and arrogant group of players and Head Coach.  They cant fire Herman fast enough for me. 

Appeasing shit like these students NEVER solves the problem.  It will always make it worse as people will always test your resolve. 

3 hours ago, DMAC said:

I would just remove any Band members that dont want to play it.  We can always find more or as @Sirhornsalot mentioned invite HS bands.  Employees that pull that crap get fired and replaced.  I dont see why students should be treated differently.  You dont want to play it then find someone who does.  Problem fixed. 

Any players not wanting to stand for the Eyes, show them the portal.  They are not entitled to that scholarship.  They can go elsewhere for all I care.  I do not want them here at all, yes that means you Overshown and whoever else.  I dont care how athletic they are.  I would rather have scab roster of players who feel proud of our school and song than listen to this activist bullshit one more minute.  This entire movement has crushed the excitement and spirit of the game for me personally.  I would rather watch a bunch D5 5th graders play than this self righteous and arrogant group of players and Head Coach.  They cant fire Herman fast enough for me. 

Appeasing shit like these students NEVER solves the problem.  It will always make it worse as people will always test your resolve. 

Agree 100 percent. I just wrote a lot more but will erase and leave it at that. 

31 minutes ago, UT1983 said:

It does if Horn Sports endorses Biden! 

LOL! Christine Brennan is a sports writer who has not endorsed anyone. You do realized that just because you work for a company or has an affiliation like Horn Sports doesn't mean you support the same candidate. Christine may have been wearing a MAGA hat when she wrote this story as far we know.