Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A decade long problem winning in the Big 12

• Administrators

I ran across Bob's tweet and wanted to share.  Take a look at the stats on those head-to-head conference matchups.

The problem relative to the challenges of winning a conference championship, let alone more, this decade started under Mack and continue to this day under Tom Herman.

Is it coaching?  Is it culture?  Is it something larger?  Elite programs don't have those stats against in-conference opponents. They simply don't.  

In case you are wondering, Texas is 7-3 vs. Iowa State, 9-1 vs. Kansas and 9-2 vs. Texas Tech.

That's easy to me. It's coaching. I remember an interview the day before the NC game between Alabama and Texas. There was an interview with Mack Brown and Saban..If I were to guess at the time, I would have predicted that UT would be the future dynasty and not Alabama.

Saban went on to turn Alabama into a machine to build up the program while Mack put the program on auto pilot. Mack lost an average of five games a year for his last four years which is not good enough. Good to see him doing well so far at NC, 

Charlie Strong has proven he's not an elite coach and Herman is in the process of doing the same.

Texas bought the TH that was the bowl coach. What they got was the weekly season coach who was in a conference that was not even close to being nationally competitive.

We bought that TH would be that bowl guy with the resources of Texas.  He isn’t.  talk about buyers remorse.

One other thing.  I must be slow or mentally handicapped because I have found myself believing that this will be the year we break out for the last 4 years.  What the hell is wrong with me.  I set myself up for disappointment over and over.  

My love and passion for all things Longhorn has blinded me from the truth.  The emperor has no clothes.

Hook ‘em