Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

What in the world has happened to competent officiating this year? Specifically in the high school ranks. I've watched several games this year and there seems to be an abundance of fat asses huffing and puffing their way up and down the field. Then there's the dork that sees OPI a yard away and signals touchdown. Then there is the inability to spot the ball between the yard markers. Sorry guys, I just need to vent. Officiating is just brutal this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Baron said:

What in the world has happened to competent officiating this year? Specifically in the high school ranks. I've watched several games this year and there seems to be an abundance of fat asses huffing and puffing their way up and down the field. Then there's the dork that sees OPI a yard away and signals touchdown. Then there is the inability to spot the ball between the yard markers. Sorry guys, I just need to vent. Officiating is just brutal this year.

Having "retired" from TXHSFB officiating recently, I can tell you TASO officials don't have a standard for physical fitness. My chapter had many geezers and lard-butts who didn't inspire confidence. It's a shame, but the younger generation doesn't appear to be interested in officiating. The pay isn't motivating.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2020 at 9:46 AM, J.B. TexasEx said:

Having "retired" from TXHSFB officiating recently, I can tell you TASO officials don't have a standard for physical fitness. My chapter had many geezers and lard-butts who didn't inspire confidence. It's a shame, but the younger generation doesn't appear to be interested in officiating. The pay isn't motivating.

The pay isn't all that great however most officials I know do it because they love the game. Be that said, it's hard to retain most of the younger refs because they don't want to endure the abuse from coaches and/or parents. That's why the average age for officials is raising while the numbers are dropping. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

No, it should've been ruled a backward pass.

 

That is what frustrates me more than missed calls on the field, because they happen real time, bad replay calls. Clearly that was a backwards pass and they had plenty time to review it.

Speaking of reviews, did you catch the non-review of the bobbled pass on 3rd and long for ou? Funny, they blew the review whistle quick on Texas' previous play but not that one. Even the announcers were stating he didn't have control as he went out of bounds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

The pay isn't all that great however most officials I know do it because they love the game. Be that said, it's hard to retain most of the younger refs because they don't want to endure the abuse from coaches and/or parents. That's why the average age for officials is raising while the numbers are dropping. 

The pay for sub-varsity assignments is adequate, but in my experience school districts didn't honor the TASO contract on Friday nights. Officials are supposed to get a cut of the gate, but that happened inconsistently. Nobody is auditing the gate receipts. Basically, schools paid whatever they wanted and usually got away with it.

Yeah, the younger generations don't wanna take any 💩 from coaches. They have trouble freezing them out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/12
    UTEP
    W 59-3
    9/26
    @Texas Tech
    W 63-56 OT
    10/3
    TCU
    L 31-33
    10/10
    Oklahoma
    L 45-53
    10/24
    Baylor
    W 27-16
    10/31
    @Oklahoma State
    11/7
    West Virginia
    11/21
    @Kansas
    11/28
    Iowa State
    12/5
    @Kansas State

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

Home
Forums
News
Store

Quick Links

Football
Men's Basketball
Baseball
More Sports

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...