Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****Game Thread: TEXAS vs. OU*****

3 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

Good for Sam. But I thought the compromise was The Eyes would stay and any player who didn’t want to stay for it didn’t have to? So now are people wanting it be mandatory players stay for it? Because then you’re telling some of these players they have to stay for a song they think is racist. I love how so many on this board likes to pretend that social injustice is such a distraction, it’s not. Plenty of teams are dealing with and winning.  Also, any coach thinking they can truly recruit players in these changing times without showing some type of support for social injustice, good luck with that. Please go look at the makeup of teams around the country. Maybe go look at what the top African American prospects are tweeting. Go look at that and tell me any coach we hire can think they can get the players we would need without showing some type of support. It’s not gonna happen. 

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The new president has a committee to investigate the history of the Eyes of Texas. I heard the coaches were made to stay. You can flame me all you want but I bet the whole thing is Carrington bitching

seeing Sam alone while listening to "the Eyes of Texas" postgame tell me volumes about this team, it breaks my heart, never thought it would ever get to this. I know there are some outspoken former pl

ou wins with young rebuilding team.  We lose with a team that was built to win this year.    Looking forward to the future? 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, hornsups said:

Good for Sam. But I thought the compromise was The Eyes would stay and any player who didn’t want to stay for it didn’t have to? So now are people wanting it be mandatory players stay for it? Because then you’re telling some of these players they have to stay for a song they think is racist. I love how so many on this board likes to pretend that social injustice is such a distraction, it’s not. Plenty of teams are dealing with and winning.  Also, any coach thinking they can truly recruit players in these changing times without showing some type of support for social injustice, good luck with that. Please go look at the makeup of teams around the country. Maybe go look at what the top African American prospects are tweeting. Go look at that and tell me any coach we hire can think they can get the players we would need without showing some type of support. It’s not gonna happen. 

Predictably, you missed the point.

Most all coaching staffs are showing some sort of support for the anti-racist cause. Some do it well and keep the focus on football. Others do not.

The evidence is right before your eyes. This team hasn't looked focused at any point this season.

Your primary purpose for being at Texas is to play football at a higher level than others. Regardless of other factors, Tom Herman didn't prioritize that and it's painfully obvious.

Nick Saban didn't put on the show the CTH did during the off season. And he wins. CTH's team looks lost.

49 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

While I appreciate his opinion, the blocked punt was primarily on Bujcevski. There was absolutely no reason to hold it that long and run right in the direction of the oncoming rush. Nor was there a reason to push the OU player back down after making a tackle. Is coaching to blame for a lot? Absolutely but at some time, players must make better decisions too. So many issues and so few real answers coming soon.jmho

I'm not too impressed with Jay Boulware.

seeing Sam alone while listening to "the Eyes of Texas" postgame tell me volumes about this team, it breaks my heart, never thought it would ever get to this. I know there are some outspoken former players who have voiced their opinion on the social injustice both in the world and also the perception at UT, but NEVER I mean NEVER would I have expected to see a Texas team captain alone on the field after the game to face the music

12 hours ago, primal defense said:

The IT guys said that CDC is one of the top AD's in the country. However, he's stuck with all the money the University is losing. Herman will be owed 20 million after this year.

The big money donors will have to pass the hat and if that happens they will have a big say on who will be the next coach. If that's the case then it's probably Urban Meyer.  They said Meyer wants the job

Part of the reason is the inexplicable extension he gave the coach.   To say that was a premature and bad decision is a bit of an understatement.  

3 hours ago, Hiwood said:

seeing Sam alone while listening to "the Eyes of Texas" postgame tell me volumes about this team, it breaks my heart, never thought it would ever get to this. I know there are some outspoken former players who have voiced their opinion on the social injustice both in the world and also the perception at UT, but NEVER I mean NEVER would I have expected to see a Texas team captain alone on the field after the game to face the music

This team wants to spearhead change... and they are going to get it in droves.  Here are the significant changes they are causing to happen:

Change in OL Coach

Change in ST Coach 

Change in fan attendance 

Change in fan attitudes 

Change in TV ratings 

Change in Athletic budget 

and quite possibly Change in Head Coach 

Any speculation on what he thinks a real fan is?  If we are critical of the coaches and the lack of discipline are we now longer a real fan. If we shine light on mental and or physical mistakes during the game do we lose our real fan status. Can the only real fans be determined by how much butt kissing they do. These coaches chose this profession and the young men chose to play football at a major university, they better get some thick skin and learn how to deal with criticism cause as long as they play it won’t go away. It only gets worse in the pros

Did anyone else notice the dazed and and confused look from Tom Herman had after his presser?

The truth is he knows what the problems are but he doesn’t have the answer on how to fix them.  

There are structural changes that need to be made but that would destroy his whole culture and the foundation of what he believes football is supposed to be at the university of Texas.

The whole thing will have to be torn down and rebuilt for us ever to become a national championship contender again and Tom Herman does not have what it takes to get that done.

The most pointed reaction came from Michael Dickson, the former punter now in the employ of the Seattle Seahawks. Granted, he had the right to be miffed. One of Ryan Bujcevski’s punts was blocked when the rugby style punter took one too many steps to get it away; Cameron Dicker’s 33-yard field goal attempt in overtime was blocked by a defensive lineman at the line of scrimmage; and the special teams gave up a 36-yard punt return to help set up another Oklahoma score.

So when someone on Twitter asked Dickson good-naturedly why he couldn’t coach up Bujcevski, a fellow Aussie, Dickson was in no mood.

“No protection. Week in week out. No coverage week in week out. ST coach is trash. SMH.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-longhorns/2020/10/10/even-with-texas-best-qb-in-a-decade-longhorns-still-cant-get-past-oklahoma/

Tom Herman looks completely rattled in his post game presser. He says he saw lots of improvement? Hes in total denial of the shit show on saturdays. The offense was terrible for 3 qtrs and the defense gave up 53pts. The special teams was crap again. He never really said what improvements he saw unless it was penalties last wk 12 this week 11..jeez Tom also rattled off how players were injured and didnt play... like hes pointing to that as a reason for losing on saturday. He keeps saying they can have a great season! He lost to ou again! The season sucks for everyone gotta hear from shitty ou fans how they own texas..thank you tom now tell us again how the great a week of practice  your having

I saw Tom Herman's presser, too. The thing that struck me was that he did not accept responsibility. He accepted responsibility on behalf of the team, not himself. This is weak. Beyond weak.

Maybe you could show us some real Longhorns sometime. smh

3 hours ago, primal defense said:

The most pointed reaction came from Michael Dickson, the former punter now in the employ of the Seattle Seahawks. Granted, he had the right to be miffed. One of Ryan Bujcevski’s punts was blocked when the rugby style punter took one too many steps to get it away; Cameron Dicker’s 33-yard field goal attempt in overtime was blocked by a defensive lineman at the line of scrimmage; and the special teams gave up a 36-yard punt return to help set up another Oklahoma score.

So when someone on Twitter asked Dickson good-naturedly why he couldn’t coach up Bujcevski, a fellow Aussie, Dickson was in no mood.

“No protection. Week in week out. No coverage week in week out. ST coach is trash. SMH.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-longhorns/2020/10/10/even-with-texas-best-qb-in-a-decade-longhorns-still-cant-get-past-oklahoma/

I’m no ST coach.... but I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that it’s not a real good idea to double clutch before punting the ball.  Moreover, the double clutch was the reason for the block and not protection.   

but I’m in agreement with him that coaching is a bit of an issue here.  

I’ll ask again. Why don’t we ever go for a punt block? TCU blocked one of ours so it seemed to piss the coach off so we went after one and got it and it hopped right in our guy hands for a TD. Players play off what coaches do and playing soft or passive isn’t going to get it. I wouldn’t even be mad if we roughed the punter every once in awhile (not often) if we were going with an aggressive approach. That’s how the teams where we are trying to get do every game, every play. I remember one year (can’t remember what year) Mack Brown’s team was playing Stoops and OU. We had been fighting pretty good but you felt like it could be slipping away. We were behind.  We get the ball back right before halftime. Maybe enough time for 2 or 3 plays and Mack has the offense take a knee. I remember Stoops jogging off laughing. He knew he had us. Texas has been labeled soft for a long time. That’s why I would be for Urban because you damn sure aren’t going to be soft. I guess it will come down to what the rest of the season looks like. I know it’s going to be hard to pay Herman and several of his assistants off when you laid off 40 something people and losing massive amounts of money.....but having said that it can’t keep going the way it’s going so I guess we’ll see 

On 10/10/2020 at 9:17 PM, TexCoyote said:

could we be reading too much into this pic?  I mean, look how distanced everyone is.  Could this pic be taken at such an angle that other players aren't included?  Also, Sam is usually doing interviews directly after games.  Could other team members be somewhat together at another part of the field while Sam finished his interview and just stood where he was instead of running to the other side of the field and possibly missing the song?  Idk..."don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see..."