Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****Game Thread: TEXAS vs. OU*****

• Administrators

This one is up early on a Friday night so you folks can do what you do best....

GDSDCTXFB.jpg

The Texas Longhorns (2-1, 1-1) head North to face the Oklahoma Sooners (1-2, 0-2) at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas on Saturday. The Longhorns lost their first game of the season last week against TCU, while Oklahoma is reeling from consecutive losses to Kansas State and Iowa State.  Both programs are in desperate need of a win to right seasons which have already failed to meet expectations. Oklahoma has experienced tremendous success against the Longhorns as of late, winning seven of the last ten and four of the last five.  The Sooners hold a two-game winning streak against Tom Herman's Longhorns, who are currently ranked #22 in the Associated Press and Coaches Top 25 Polls. The Longhorns will be the visiting team at the Cotton Bowl and will donn their icy white uniforms.  

txvsou.png
What: #22 Texas Longhorns (2-1, 1-1) vs. Oklahoma Sooners (1-2, 0-2)
When: Saturday, October 10, 2020
Time:  11:00 PM CST
Venue: Cotton Bowl
Television: FOX
The Line: Texas +2

Last Meeting Between the Two Teams: Oklahoma defeated Texas 34-27 (October 12, 2019, Dallas, TX)
All-Time Series Record: Texas leads TCU 62-48-5

The Coaches

Oklahoma Sooners

Head Coach:  Lincoln Riley
Head Coaching Experience: 4th year as a head coach
Years as Head Coach at Oklahoma:  4
Career Record:  37-8
Career Record at TCU:  37-8

Texas Longhorns

Head Coach:  Tom Herman
Head Coaching Experience: 6th year as a head coach
Years as Head Coach at Texas:  4
Career Record:  49-20
Career Record at Texas:  27-16

Relevant Articles & Information

• Aaron Carrara changed the title to *****Game Thread: TEXAS vs. OU*****
  • Aaron Carrara unlocked and pinned this topic
  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The new president has a committee to investigate the history of the Eyes of Texas. I heard the coaches were made to stay. You can flame me all you want but I bet the whole thing is Carrington bitching

seeing Sam alone while listening to "the Eyes of Texas" postgame tell me volumes about this team, it breaks my heart, never thought it would ever get to this. I know there are some outspoken former pl

ou wins with young rebuilding team.  We lose with a team that was built to win this year.    Looking forward to the future? 

Posted Images

This is the least excited I have been for a Texas ou game in a long time. 

Love how we have a team with a senior “heisman” QB and ou has a red shirt freshman QB but we are an underdog?   What does that say for this game for Texas for the next couple of years?  

11 hours ago, UT1983 said:

Love how we have a team with a senior “heisman” QB and ou has a red shirt freshman QB but we are an underdog?   What does that say for this game for Texas for the next couple of years?  

You know what they say. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

• Administrators
Just now, armadillo slim said:

This game always defies predictions and expectations.  After last week’s debacle, expectations for Texas are low.  I expect them to bounce back and have a good game.   42-17 Good guys

Slim!  Great to see you here again.  I hope you are doing well!

12 hours ago, UT1983 said:

That redshirt freshman is as good of a passef as OU has had . DBS had buckle it up.Best bet is pressure on him and hope for mistakes.

20 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

That redshirt freshman is as good of a passef as OU has had . DBS had buckle it up.Best bet is pressure on him and hope for mistakes.

It’s time for Chris Ash to show why they call him elite and get some hits on a freshman QB. I’ve heard it now it’s time to show it 

13 hours ago, UT1983 said:

the bookmakers in LV dont respect Texas, I lived there for 25 years and even during the VY years UT was a book makers dream because they were .500 against the spread generally speaking and that means the books win just on the juice alone...By the Horns being the Dog, they are daring the Horn fans to prove them wrong and Sooner fans to be overconfident thinking they can whip the Horns despite the past performances, the money this week has been coming in on OU the line opened at OU minus 1.5, and is now at OU minus 3... 

10 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Poster on another site says that Jake looks to be hobbled during pre-game warmups. Anyone?

if Jake had a hamstring issue, its the type of injury that will nag him all year, the only way that type of injury heals is time and rest . He is probably in the trainers room all week getting treatment and limited reps in practice, and will go as long as his body allows him during the game, but I think he is a gamer and knows how to get open.