Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Around the Big XII and more

beevomav

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNzU9JoKhIA9VOmwmvs7uywbjbjHxZ6zj-4WeFE9XxBNHX5ra_bw

Four-star Skyline OL Ty Barrett lists Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas Tech in top five

With the exception of Ole Miss, Barrett’s list is compromised of all Big 12 programs. Here is what he told ESPN.com about each one:

Oklahoma: “They have great tradition. Coach [bill] Bedenbaugh is one of the best offensive line coaches out there. He really took his time and recruited me the whole way through. I’ve met his family and he’s met my family. It’s just a family-type atmosphere.â€

Oklahoma State: “Ra’Shaad Samples is down there. He’s one of my good friends who took me under his wing at Skyline. Then, Coach [Joe] Wickline is there. He’s probably the best offensive line coach out there. He gets people to the next level. He took his time out to hang with me during their spring game. That was big for me.â€

TCU: “I’ve been over there a lot, and every time I go it’s something new. I went on an unofficial during the spring, and Coach [Eddie] Williamson was out of town, but he took a jet home just to get back and see me. That was a big thing to me. It’s been love between me and TCU coaches.â€

Texas Tech: “The whole coaching staff is full of energy. I went for a visit, and it’s straight energy. I stay in touch with Coach [Eric] Morris all the time, and it’s not always about football. I can talk to him about anything. Plus, Derrick Dixon’s committed there. He’s like one of my brothers.â€

Lincoln WR Emmanuel ‘He-Man’ Porter still comfortbale with decision to flip commitment from TCU to Texas

Emmanuel Porter has no worries.

The Dallas Lincoln wide receiver made one of the most difficult decisions of his entire life last month when he decommitted from TCU after being part of the Horned Frogs’ 2014 class for nearly a year and flipped his pledge to Texas. But it was a family decision, and Porter is content with being a Longhorn.

“Me and my mom talked about it. She wanted me to make the right decision, and she thought I rushed into making my decision when I committed to TCU,†Porter said. “So I thought about it, and it felt right to make the switch. I’m happy with my commitment to Texas.â€

Porter originally picked up the Texas offer after an impressive camp performance in early June. A week later, he returned to Austin with his mother to get a better look at the campus and facilities. Both were impressed, and Porter called head coach Mack Brown the next day.

“My experience at Texas was great. All the coaches want everyone to get better. They truly care about their players. That’s what stood out to me the most,†Porter said. “From the coaches to the players to the fans, the atmosphere there is just crazy. I really love everything Texas has to offer, and I can’t wait to be a part of it.â€

Brian Bosworth: Oklahoma Sooners have “lost a lot of our biteâ€

Bosworth said that can “absolutely change,†but that it starts with recruiting.

Then we get this bit of wisdom from the Boz.

“You don’t go after a kid because he’s 6-5 and can run a 4.5 40 and can catch the ball,†Bosworth told the paper. “You look deep into his eyes and find out who he is and what kind of kid is he. Usually when kids are that age, you want a kid who’s scared and wondering and unsure of his ability. He’s open to finding out how good he can really be.â€

Power ranking the Big XII coaches

Stoops,Snyder,Gundy,Briles and Patterson, al finish ahead of Mack Brown. The head scratcher is, according to the Dallas Morning News, Gary Patterson is number one?

Let the final be a quote from Johnny Football the same week he was sent home from Archie Manning's football camp because of his immaturity.

Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel: “I’m trying to grow up not just as a football player but as a man on and off the field"

As much as I hate the Boz I wish Mack would take some of his advice. Also dude, Patterson is moneyballs. Dude is good and don't bullshit. That ranking is almost true....

The point was, not that it isn't true, but that it is pretty much true. Texas with the 6th best/worst coach in the Big XII speaks volumns on the current situation at UT. I think if you add Football, Basketball and Baseball, you have the highest paid and worst coaches in the country..or..they would at least push the worst..

Hate OU all you want (and I hate them a lot) but you have to respect their fans and former players for insisting that the program stay at a high level. They are completely dissatisfied with their recent results, despite some "good" seasons. First two-year run without an outright Big 12 title since 1998-1999. Given their history they SHOULD feel completely dissatisfied.

• Administrators
Hate OU all you want (and I hate them a lot) but you have to respect their fans and former players for insisting that the program stay at a high level. They are completely dissatisfied with their recent results, despite some "good" seasons. First two-year run without an outright Big 12 title since 1998-1999. Given their history they SHOULD feel completely dissatisfied.

Throw in the fact that they have whipped our asses for the last handful of years and it hurts even worse. Like I have said before, the only guy I see yelling and screaming on the Texas sideline is Duane Akina. The Mack crybaby face/ incessant clapping does nothing for me. I want fire. I want anger.