Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The eyes of Texas situation on Saturday has added a new level of dissatisfaction with Herman. As you would expect there were a few folks hesitant to fork out the money to get rid of him but the new th

Dabo He's likeable, younger, and much "cleaner" than Meyer. But, Dabo is probably next in line at Bama if he wants that job in a couple of years. Only reasons to come to UT are money and "challen

You are absolutely correct on both points. We are better than 2014-2017 which were historically bad for UT. I am also blinded by hate. I hate undisciplined football at the level I coach and even more

Posted Images

5 hours ago, aUTfan said:

I've watched Mark Dantonio from afar for awhile and thought he would do a heck of a job if given a place that had talent, hes done pretty good at a college that seems like it just cant get the talent in there. I know he had an issue come up that he resigned over but would CDC even consider him? or any one else on here? He also has texas ties i believe so i dont think he would ever leave. I don't know any details about why he resigned so could be a moot point.

Interested thought, I'd kick the tires at least

IMO it’s not an issue with. He is Ash.  Our guys while they are highly rated and experienced they are not developed.  This has been my main gripe with Texas coaching staff the past 4 years.  If you cannot teach to a point where improvement by each player is being made it’s like starting over from scratch.  I agree that there is no excuse but the lack of player development over the past 3-4 years means it’s like starting at year 1 all over again.  Time is not on our side.  It all starts at the top IMO and a team is a reflection of the head.  Nough said.

4 hours ago, The Tinman said:

Texas defense has allowed 45pts game avg if you dont count Utep. The defense staff is as bad as it ever was. 

Don’t look at points that can be decieving. People say that our offense is great but they put the D in terrible situations. We are solid in Pass yard per game which is great we just need to sure up the run D. From a football perspective, This defense is more structurally sound than any defense we’ve had in the last decade. The defense is not a worry for me right now.

5 hours ago, Texas2725 said:

Petersen is retired correct?  Not saying he'd come here or that I'd want him as I'm all in on Urban as well, but unless you meant Petersen's dream job is retirement then he's not coaching anywhere that I know of. 

I can't remember. I don't keep up with Pac12 football honestly.

If I remember correctly, Peterson said something about not wanting to leave the Washington area due to health issue with one of his sons. 

Wondered today about trying to strike gold with another former sooner in Fuentes? He was successful at Memphis, has been successful at Va. Tech and is still young at 44. Any thoughts? A place like UT might be his best chance to build a program to compete with the Clemsons of the world.

25 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

If I remember correctly, Peterson said something about not wanting to leave the Washington area due to health issue with one of his sons. 

Wondered today about trying to strike gold with another former sooner in Fuentes? He was successful at Memphis, has been successful at Va. Tech and is still young at 44. Any thoughts? A place like UT might be his best chance to build a program to compete with the Clemsons of the world.

Fuentes would be a good option, should the Urban effort not produce an Urban and another top option doesn't materialize. I think we need to think big here.

I like what he's done along his career. Va Tech isn't an easy place to win at. Small, Appalachian town, odd mascot, shitty school colors, they named a rock there. lol

all this talk about the next coach at the Forty Acres...here is my take...If you change horses you need to go with a proven National winner which points toward Meyer, any other name and you are just changing horses of a different color...I watched Alabama vs Georgia last night and they just have better athletes across the board

12 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

If Herman wins out are we all in favor of keeping him?

I actually believe that we have the talent to win out. Based on what he has shown, Herman is NOT the coach that can put a prepared, disciplined team on the field each week that will be necessary to win every game. 

Sorry, tried to multi-task. Should have known better at my age. 

43 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

I actually believe that we have the talent to win out. Based on what he has shown, Herman is the coach that can put a prepared, disciplined team on the field each week that will be necessary to win every game. 

I like my odds winning the lotto before herman does that.

1 hour ago, NEOkHorn said:

I actually believe that we have the talent to win out. Based on what he has shown, Herman is the coach that can put a prepared, disciplined team on the field each week that will be necessary to win every game. 

I hope you left out the word “not” by accident. “Herman is the coach that can NOT put a prepared....“

1 hour ago, Hiwood said:

all this talk about the next coach at the Forty Acres...here is my take...If you change horses you need to go with a proven National winner which points toward Meyer, any other name and you are just changing horses of a different color...I watched Alabama vs Georgia last night and they just have better athletes across the board

They have better developed athletes. Coming out of HS many of our kids are comparable with Alabama and Georgia’s.  The issue is they are not much better and in some cases worse than they were as Freshmen. No one can recruit well enough to win on ability it takes development. 

2 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

No, I compare CTH to Tony Romo. He wins just enough to give you hope, then he goes out and brutally kills that hope. And it will be rinse, repeat each year.

Make a preliminary deal with Urban, come back and fire CTH, wait until CTH clears the parking lot, then hire Urban officially.

8 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

No, I compare CTH to Tony Romo. He wins just enough to give you hope, then he goes out and brutally kills that hope. And it will be rinse, repeat each year.

Make a preliminary deal with Urban, come back and fire CTH, wait until CTH clears the parking lot, then hire Urban officially.

This!  I mean seriously, go back to his presser after the TT win. I'm thinking these are words of a 1st year head coach who's team just played their 1st game ever under him. Not the words of a head coach in the midst of a " This is UT's " year of a season.  Again, fire him yesterday please.

18 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

Don’t look at points that can be decieving. People say that our offense is great but they put the D in terrible situations. We are solid in Pass yard per game which is great we just need to sure up the run D. From a football perspective, This defense is more structurally sound than any defense we’ve had in the last decade. The defense is not a worry for me right now.

I hear you and you have a valid point..yeah its hard to not look at the pts..in football when you allow the other guys to score more pts than you..you lose. I havent been able to get around that in my mind. The offense has scored over 50pts in 3 of 4 games. I believe the defense has been given a short field by the offense at times but majority of the time the opponent has scored at will helped by poor coverage,poor tackling, poor run defense, poor pass rush and dumb penalties ..whew! theres alot there to point out. Imo the defense has hurt the horns more than the offense or ST's..Ash has to put in some OT looking at film and helping the defense communicate better in secondary. Have the position coaches step up their game and develop these players. I glad this is a bye week..I hope that something is being done by this staff to improve the defense..we will see next week. 

On 10/17/2020 at 9:32 AM, aUTfan said:

I've watched Mark Dantonio from afar for awhile and thought he would do a heck of a job if given a place that had talent, hes done pretty good at a college that seems like it just cant get the talent in there. I know he had an issue come up that he resigned over but would CDC even consider him? or any one else on here? He also has texas ties i believe so i dont think he would ever leave. I don't know any details about why he resigned so could be a moot point.

No, thank you. He was 27-24 his last four years at Michigan State and then he was caught in a recruiting scandal.

He should have had a bagman if he's going to cheat.