Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hermann needs to go

Jim M.

46 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

Give dabo the same offer we are giving urban 

That ship may already sailed.  Before Charlie Strong was hired, Dabo offered to bring his whole staff to Texas.  The posters at IT and Texas Rivals (Ketch) laughed and made jokes about Dabo...Like who does he think he is, he has won nothing; Why does Texas want a hillbilly from Clemson, etc.  Yes, Eric N and Ketch was LOL at the posts.  Remember, Eric N was the biggest cheerleader for Herman.  Dabo has everything he wants and asks for at Clemson. It has been noted that Alabama is trying to make plans to get Dabo when Saban leaves (Dabo played at Alabama and was on national championship team).  That ship probably has already sailed.  

1 minute ago, 63_Texas_1 said:

That ship may already sailed.  Before Charlie Strong was hired, Dabo offered to bring his whole staff to Texas.  The posters at IT and Texas Rivals (Ketch) laughed and made jokes about Dabo...Like who does he think he is, he has won nothing; Why does Texas want a hillbilly from Clemson, etc.  Yes, Eric N and Ketch was LOL at the posts.  Remember, Eric N was the biggest cheerleader for Herman.  Dabo has everything he wants and asks for at Clemson. It has been noted that Alabama is trying to make plans to get Dabo when Saban leaves (Dabo played at Alabama and was on national championship team).  That ship probably has already sailed.  

Nobody gets me excited outside of Urban, Fickell, Dabo, Sean Payton, Shannahan, Jason Garrett, McVay

14 minutes ago, 63_Texas_1 said:

The ship has also sailed bc Dabo signed a contract extension with Clemson recently. $93MM over the next 10 years. He's locked down pretty tight.

3 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Jason Garrett??? WTF

You guys must not know but he’s a Saban disciple and a good man there’s many stories of him going the extra mile in Dallas and I think he would be a dynamite recruiter and a great developer of talent. I’m a huge believer that he’d kill it in college you can laugh but if given the opportunity I think he’d flourish. He’s old school and he’s honestly a perfect Texas coach because he knows how to play the politics game

4 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

You guys must not know but he’s a Saban disciple and a good man there’s many stories of him going the extra mile in Dallas and I think he would be a dynamite recruiter and a great developer of talent. I’m a huge believer that he’d kill it in college you can laugh but if given the opportunity I think he’d flourish. He’s old school and he’s honestly a perfect Texas coach because he knows how to play the politics game

Okay, but what makes you think an NFL lifer would be interested in coaching college 🏈?

29 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:
46 minutes ago, 63_Texas_1 said:

The ship has also sailed bc Dabo signed a contract extension with Clemson recently. $93MM over the next 10 years. He's locked down pretty tight.

You are right.  I probably should have posted was we had our chance.  

2 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

I never said $9MM was accurate.

Just posted a hypothetical of what I believe is a fair offer for a retired HC who's been out of the game a couple years. Anything over $10MM is ridiculous, IMO, but I guess that's what it takes to coax UM out of retirement. To think we were mocking aggy recently about their obscene 10 year, $75MM fully guaranteed, Jimbo contract.

Glad it's not my money. Go get him, CDC!

You left out one important point... 3 national titles ;)

That puts him in a different class than any other coach out there (who's not currently employed). We're talking about hiring someone who's already a coaching legend. Legends get paid, and maybe doesn't even really bust the HC pay scale that much. 

Plus, he's only 56. It's not like we're pulling Parcells out of retirement. Does anyone seriously believe Urban WON'T coach again? The drive is too strong. Look at Mack now at UNC when he got tired of the booth. 

So the opportunity is there for both coach and university. There's always some blowback for HC's getting high salaries, but that's the market right now.