Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

5 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

That’s the way Dodd’s did with Mackovic after the win over Nebraska......Roll Left. I think I remember he went in the locker room after that game and promised him an extension......and we know how that ended. I just think it’s obscured to extend a coach that has a couple of years still remaining on the current deal. How many millions are they going to pay out before they realize this? Maybe I don’t know anything, but I would extend close to the last year if each year we had seen major improvement. There is not many coaches going to leave The University of Texas for another college job and if the NFL is after them, you probably aren’t going to be able to keep them anyway. So there is no need to knee jerk extend a coach  

The short answer is – sign them now for less or otherwise wait and risk having to dole out more cash.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The eyes of Texas situation on Saturday has added a new level of dissatisfaction with Herman. As you would expect there were a few folks hesitant to fork out the money to get rid of him but the new th

Dabo He's likeable, younger, and much "cleaner" than Meyer. But, Dabo is probably next in line at Bama if he wants that job in a couple of years. Only reasons to come to UT are money and "challen

You are absolutely correct on both points. We are better than 2014-2017 which were historically bad for UT. I am also blinded by hate. I hate undisciplined football at the level I coach and even more

Posted Images

On 10/3/2020 at 7:41 PM, Mike Garland said:

Herman don’t fumble. 

The. End. 

If you do not see the glaring issues with a Tom Herman coached football team your insight is basically useless.... I do see your little snide comments are back as they were before. I am sure you will flame out here again soon. 

Well, I have been silent for quite a while on the forum but the current state of affairs with the University of Texas football program has awakened me from my slumber.  

I don't want to be one of those fans that's constantly critiquing ever aspect of the programs trajectory but at some point don't we as fans deserve the very best from our team?  I say hell yes!!!

The best metaphor for Tom Herman that I could you is that he is a used car salesman.  He got most people to buy what he was selling and then laughed all the way to the bank.  Do I believe that he wants to win as a coach.  Definitely!  He would love noting more that to have his ego fed by bringing a national championship to Texas.  The rub is this, he thought that he could use mental projection of how smart he was with football to get the job and then with enough people believing a championship would magically happen.  He need to remember that this is his culture, his players, his coaches, and after 4 years, of excuses and failed mantras the state of the program is no better than when he began.  I think he realizes he does not have what it takes to bring a championship to Austin. You can't be elite as he always says by running all of the data into some algorithm and win a championship.    

I must say that just because someone has not accomplished something does not mean that they will not.  And just because someone has accomplished something does not mean that they will again.  I believe it takes a person understanding what they have and maximizing it to its full potential  Player development, discipline, and that innate ability to do more with less is what we find lacking in our program. 

The other thing that bothers me about coach Herman is the obsession to be more of a friend to the players than a coach.  I understand that every coach has a certain style but foundationally a coach that demands growth and effort ion their players does much more to advance the ball if you will than worrying about them feeling good about themselves.  I do not see passion from Herman and thus thus the team lacks passion for the game.  They want to be on the Wheaties box but can't perform beyond their training, both physically and mentally.  That lack of emotion tells me he is not truly invested in doing what it takes to win if he has to change the culture he instituted.  He has to know that what he is doing is not working.  But for him to change is to admit guilt.  

Anyway, I am off my rant and apologize for seeming to be a negative Nancy.  

Till I die, HOOK 'EM!

19 minutes ago, NWAHorn said:

I heard his narration of this weekend's rivalry and twice he referred to it as Ou vs. Texas. He cannot even get that right. It's Texas-OU, mensa, not the other way around. Would you please just GTFO. 

Cardinal sin

Edit: He will never acknowledge that he F'd up on that. This rivalry is steeped in tradition and the order of utterance is one of them. But he has plainly stated that he doesn't care what you or I think. That makes it "really really hard" to cut him any slack.

Lots of conversations. Nobody is leaking anything for obvious reasons. 

Urban Meyer is the logical hire for the criteria we all know and point to. Additionally, UM may be the only way that would keep costs down on the back end (Tom Herman's assistant buyouts) and make new hires unnecessary (saving more costs). The buyout will have to come primarily from the BMDs. And I think they are quite motivated right now.

keeping costs down??? Dammit all, I dont care what it costs! What do you think it has cost for us to suck year after year? Anyone clinging to the myth that we are a blueblood cannot see the big picture.I realize that pre covid, we were the richest school not named Harvard, but how damned much money would we have pulled in (read TV contracts) had we been on a 30 game win streak? The bleeding has to stop now.Herman has had his chance. He failed badly. Charlie Strong....well, never mind.

Lets face it. We are crappy at picking young up coming coaches.We need to just money whip a top flight coach.

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

keeping costs down??? Dammit all, I dont care what it costs! What do you think it has cost for us to suck year after year? Anyone clinging to the myth that we are a blueblood cannot see the big picture.I realize that pre covid, we were the richest school not named Harvard, but how damned much money would we have pulled in (read TV contracts) had we been on a 30 game win streak? The bleeding has to stop now.Herman has had his chance. He failed badly. Charlie Strong....well, never mind.

Lets face it. We are crappy at picking young up coming coaches.We need to just money whip a top flight coach.

Cool! It would be very nice of you to write a twenty million dollar check to UT to fire Herman. I would appreciate it.

It’s too early to know if Herman’s slow start will put his job in jeopardy. COVID-19 has impacted every athletic department in the country, and the Longhorns are expected to bleed $54.3 million in revenue this fiscal year.

2 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

You do know that we have plenty of company at being being crappy at picking young up and coming coaches, don't you? And that very, very, very few teams have ever money-whipped a top flight coach. It is really rare.

Urban being hired at tOSU is about it when it comes to money-whipping someone. And DKR, Stoops, and Swinney are really good examples of great examples of up and coming coaches who turned out pretty damn good good.

And don't get me wrong. I am fully on board with going after Urban and doing it now rather than later. 

So Herman just stated on Monday’s evening news that players aren’t required to stay for the singing of the Eyes of Texas.  Basically do what they want. He respects both those that stay on the field and those that leave early.  Same for the coaches I guess because he said “most” not “ all” the coaches stayed on the field for the “Eyes of Texas”.   

Team had got to be fractured.  No way they play worth a damn the rest of the season.  

17 minutes ago, UT1983 said:

So Herman just stated on Monday’s evening news that players aren’t required to stay for the singing of the Eyes of Texas.  Basically do what they want. He respects both those that stay on the field and those that leave early.  Same for the coaches I guess because he said “most” not “ all” the coaches stayed on the field for the “Eyes of Texas”.   

Team had got to be fractured.  No way they play worth a damn the rest of the season.  

Political correctness is cancer. He can't get fired soon enough for me. It will take years to dig out of this hole.