Find results in...

Hermann needs to go

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol!  The truth is you are correct.  Hiring and firing of coaches is always a delicate and sensitive operation and for good reasons.  There are the money aspects, reputations, pasts and futures of peo

I don't visit this board that otten, I spend most of my time on IT.  Why I'm not sure.  I have been lambasted and skinned alive by many posters over there.  Even the mods.  But IT does provide many in

Herman got political and failed to develop players. Two reasons to stick a fork in him.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

If Herman had his team focused on football instead of denying the EOT, perhaps his team would have finished this game.

Bullshit! Herman has been failure before the EOT. He came into this season with piratically a  whole new coaching staff. This is Herman being a bad coach it has nothing to do with the EOT.

Just more of your political bullshit.

3 minutes ago, primal defense said:
18 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

If Herman had his team focused on football instead of denying the EOT, perhaps his team would have finished this game.

Bullshit! Herman has been failure before the EOT. He came into this season with piratically a  whole new coaching staff. This is Herman being a bad coach it has nothing to do with the EOT.

One thing WE ALL can agree on is Herman is a horrible coach. Herman sucks!

28 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Just more of your political bullshit.

I agree, but what my post was saying it this was a sign of his poor leadership, coaching.

Thats not political bs. That happened. TH got political. I just noticed. You need to get over me. lol

On 11/25/2020 at 9:43 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

No, Charlie Strong is on Patterson. Patterson pretty much blocked everybody else out.

Not really, as I remember it. 

After two bad losses in 2013, Mack was suppose to settle on retirement and essentially use the season as his farewell tour.  Before Deloss retired, they sent two names to Korn-Ferry in October for vetting to be Mack's replacement: Franklin & Charlie Strong.  Always politically correct Bill Powers wanted to be known for hiring the first black head coach at Texas and Mack didnt want Saban to come in and "win a championship with his players" so Strong appealed to everyone involved. The flirtation with Saban was already a year & a half in the making at that point and Mack resented it. Then, after Texas reeled off four straight wins, Mack back out of the retirement agreement. which then made the process very messy. 

"Hatchetman" Patterson was hired to do what Deloss didnt want to do and that was to fire Mack and follow through with the Charlie Strong hiring.  Patterson had zero cache to make such a hire other than what was dictated to him.  The follow-on bogus head coach search committee and candidate names floated were simply to make it look like a head coach "search" was being conducted after the fact (also a public institution requirement). 

13 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

Not really, as I remember it. 

After two bad losses in 2013, Mack was suppose to settle on retirement and essentially use the season as his farewell tour.  Before Deloss retired, they sent two names to Korn-Ferry in October for vetting to be Mack's replacement: Franklin & Charlie Strong.  Always politically correct Bill Powers wanted to be known for hiring the first black head coach at Texas and Mack didnt want Saban to come in and "win a championship with his players" so Strong appealed to everyone involved. The flirtation with Saban was already a year & a half in the making at that point and Mack resented it. Then, after Texas reeled off four straight wins, Mack back out of the retirement agreement. which then made the process very messy. 

"Hatchetman" Patterson was hired to do what Deloss didnt want to do and that was to fire Mack and follow through with the Charlie Strong hiring.  Patterson had zero cache to make such a hire other than what was dictated to him.  The follow-on bogus head coach search committee and candidate names floated were simply to make it look like a head coach "search" was being conducted after the fact (also a public institution requirement). 

Thats interesting. Not true about the Patterson part as no one really knew who he would hire until he did, but still interesting. Strong was not the only coach he spoke with about the job.

Patterson had zero cache. lol. It was just HIS JOB.

Part of what killed his relationship with the BMDs was that he shut them out as soon as he got the job. This is why fundraising proved to be a problem for him.

6 hours ago, hornsups said:

I love the amount of people on here who think if Herman was undefeated, the boosters would give two shits about how he handled Black Lives Matter or The Eyes. If Herman was undefeated and there was talks of a possible CFP appearance, he could have screamed BLM after ever to interview and he would be fine and they would accept it. If he had a better overall record here, the same would be true. This is about winning. If Herman had done more of it, he would be safe. Anything else is punditry from people who think they know something. 

Whether you want to believe it or not, optics matter for those that shell out tons of cash to support a billion dollar institution

49 minutes ago, aUTfan said:

I would include Matt Wells, I don't know how you didn't include him. It took a miracle for Tom to win that game this year and I would say Tech has even less talent then even Baylor but I digress and dont even care to argue it beyond this post. The talent level difference between the two are large chasms in my opinion.

I would say that Les Miles is about the only coach that Tom is better than and its honestly a debate at that, I think I could argue that maybe even Les is better but again, i really don't care. just fire Tom.

I'm not enthralled with Les Miles NC at LSU. Hell, you or I could coach that team to a NC. The talent is thick there and the state's recruits have a loyalty to LSU that Texas does not have with its own. All they ever needed was an offense, and that would not come until Brady arrived on the scene. Miles' offenses were awful.

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Thats interesting. Not true about the Patterson part as no one really knew who he would hire until he did. Strong was not the only coach he spoke with about the job.

Patterson had a final four of Charlie Strong, Jim Mora, Art Briles, and James Franklin. Briles took himself out of the running when he wouldn't come in for an interview. I don't blame him because if he did and didn't get the job then his name would be mud at Baylor.

Unlike now when he has an outstanding reputation.:)

2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Thats interesting. Not true about the Patterson part as no one really knew who he would hire until he did, but still interesting. Strong was not the only coach he spoke with about the job.

Part of what killed his relationship with the BMDs was that he shut them out as soon as he got the job. This is why fundraising proved to be a problem for him.

it is true but believe what you want.  Patterson was hired to do what was dictated.  They needed a hatchetman to first fire Mack possibly get rid of two other head coaches (Barnes & Garrido) and Deloss didnt have the courage to do it. The previous season Barnes' team got put out in the first game of the CBI tournament & Garrido team went 7-17 - all three were trending down. 

The additional names floated as a result of the committee were for media and fan consumption: Briles and Mora.  Jim Mora was in San Antonio to watch the HS All-American game during the time the committee was having interviews. he caught hold of the bogus process and refused to make the short trip to Austin for a simple interview.  Briles also refused an interview stating something to the effect that he had earned the right to get hired without a committee interview.  

6 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

it is true but believe what you want.  Patterson was hired to do what was dictated.  They needed a hatchetman to first fire Mack possibly get rid of two other head coaches (Barnes & Garrido) and Deloss didnt have the courage to do it. The previous season Barnes' team got put out in the first game of the CBI tournament & Garrido team went 7-17 - all three were trending down. 

The additional names floated as a result of the committee were for media and fan consumption: Briles and Mora.  Jim Mora was in San Antonio to watch the HS All-American game during the time the committee was having interviews. he caught hold of the bogus process and refused to make the short trip to Austin for a simple interview.  Briles also refused an interview stating something to the effect that he had earned the right to get hired without a committee interview.  

Well, no, Patterson wasn't hired to fire one man.

We don't make hires like that at UT.

But Patterson's first task was to fire Mack Brown. That much we agree on.

Briles was never officially a candidate. He was a phone call. Thats it.

Briles did make that comment, but of course, now he coaches at Mt Vernon High. My, what a fall.

We agree on most of this. No sense in getting sideways over small stuff.

17 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Patterson had a final four of Charlie Strong, Jim Mora, Art Briles, and James Franklin. Briles took himself out of the running when he wouldn't come in for an interview. I don't blame him because if he did and didn't get the job then his name would be mud at Baylor.

Unlike now when he has an outstanding reputation.:)

WYY3N5OHPMABAAUHBDI7QC42RI.thumb.jpg.16e16152476e97c86ed7eb5539b09172.jpg

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, no, Patterson wasn't hired to fire one man.

We don't make hires like that at UT.

But Patterson's first task was to fire Mack Brown. That much we agree on.

Briles was never officially a candidate. He was a phone call. Thats it.

Briles did make that comment, but of course, now he coaches at Mt Vernon High. Might, what a fall.

We agree on most of this. No sense in getting sideways over small stuff.

I dont ger sideways... life is too short for something as meaningless as this. I could, however, go dig through my hard drives from that time frame and get quotes and more specific data... but that would derail this thread. 

I dont remember and would have to go look it up to see if Franklin came in for an interview. I dont remember if he did or not.  Nonetheless, from Oct 2013 onward, Charlie Strong was the lead candidate and that's how it worked out. Bill "Berkeley" Powers was loyal to Deloss and Mack to the chagrin of a lot of influential people. Patterson was just part of the process. 

Again... believe what you want. 

1 hour ago, Soldierhorn said:

I dont ger sideways... life is too short for something as meaningless as this. I could, however, go dig through my hard drives from that time frame and get quotes and more specific data... but that would derail this thread. 

I dont remember and would have to go look it up to see if Franklin came in for an interview. I dont remember if he did or not.  Nonetheless, from Oct 2013 onward, Charlie Strong was the lead candidate and that's how it worked out. Bill "Berkeley" Powers was loyal to Deloss and Mack. Patterson was just part of the process

Again... believe what you want. 

I will. But I'll never believe UT hired a man for that kind of money just to do one thing that took him probably five minutes to type up.

Just now, Sirhornsalot said:

I will. But I'll never believe UT hired a man for that kind of money just to do one thing that took him probably five minutes to type up.

maybe.

and this is just my opinion but Powers doing what he did pissed off a lot of influential people and not just the Saban BMDs; so much so, that when Powers came under fire in 2014 & 2015 he had very little support in the BOR and BMDs, and ultimately forced to resign over something that happens at virtually every large institution (acceptance favoritism).  

11 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

maybe.

and this is just my opinion but Powers doing what he did pissed off a lot of influential people and not just the Saban BMDs; so much so, that when Powers came under fire in 2014 & 2015 he had very little support in the BOR and BMDs, and ultimately forced to resign over something that happens at virtually every large institution (acceptance favoritism).  

Agree. Powers was a dead man walking. He ticked off everybody.