Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

17 hours ago, primal defense said:

LSU could be looking for another coach or at least they should.

LSU mishandled sexual misconduct complaints against students, including top athletes

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/sports/ncaaf/2020/11/16/lsu-ignored-campus-sexual-assault-allegations-against-derrius-guice-drake-davis-other-students/6056388002/

Wow. Looks like Baylor moved to Baton Rouge

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't visit this board that otten, I spend most of my time on IT.  Why I'm not sure.  I have been lambasted and skinned alive by many posters over there.  Even the mods.  But IT does provide many in

Lol!  The truth is you are correct.  Hiring and firing of coaches is always a delicate and sensitive operation and for good reasons.  There are the money aspects, reputations, pasts and futures of peo

Herman got political and failed to develop players. Two reasons to stick a fork in him.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Funny how it's not being covered by ESPN like the BU scandal, though, huh?

BU was an easy target, plus the incentive of doing it to a faith-based school. Plus, this situation was highly unusual.

LSU is part of the sacred SEC. Cheating, rape, and crime are the norm in the SEC. Nothing unusual. No religion to bash. Nothing to see here.

UM – things are starting to move a little. Moves being made behind the scenes again. Interest from UM is there. Things seem to be moving forward again.

From what I'm told, an ISU loss would be enough. Another loss to OU in the CCG would also be enough. Win streak is what slowed everything down but that has worked to our advantage behind the scenes unexpectedly.

UM doesn't want to be seen as pursuing a job which isn't vacant. Wifey isn't on board, but he wants to coach again. He likes the Texas option.

Third-hand stuff from my friend. He swears by it tho

15 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

UM – things are starting to move a little. Moves being made behind the scenes again. Interest from UM is there. Things seem to be moving forward again.

From what I'm told, an ISU loss would be enough. Another loss to OU in the CCG would also be enough. Win streak is what slowed everything down but that has worked to our advantage behind the scenes unexpectedly.

UM doesn't want to be seen as pursuing a job which isn't vacant. Wifey isn't on board, but he wants to coach again. He likes the Texas option.

I can't recall a coach turning down a job because of his wife. Texas is his only option since he wants to coach a blue blood program. USC is 3-0 and should win 2 out of the next three games, so they won't look for a coach this year.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I choose to be cautiously optimistic bc we've been disappointed with the Saban rumors before.

Thanks for the 3rd hand nugget.

5 hours ago, primal defense said:

I can't recall a coach turning down a job because of his wife. Texas is his only option since he wants to coach a blue blood program. USC is 3-0 and should win 2 out of the next three games, so they won't look for a coach this year.

It has to do with UM's health history and apparently some promises he made to his wife. I know, he's doomed. lol

18 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

I choose to be cautiously optimistic bc we've been disappointed with the Saban rumors before.

Thanks for the 3rd hand nugget.

The whole Saban fiasco was because the donors acting from their own interest.  They got played by Saban’s agent who parlayed it into a big raise.  Saban was never coming to Texas, plain and simple.  The donors made a mess and a fool of Texas.  

I’m tired of Herman too.  But say he wins out, loses to OU in the Ccg and bitch slaps aTm in the sugar bowl.  Fire him at 9-3?  You can’t offer UM until Herman has been fired.  Urban turns it down then you look like a dumbass program again.  Then what?

35 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

The whole Saban fiasco was because the donors acting from their own interest.  They got played by Saban’s agent who parlayed it into a big raise.  Saban was never coming to Texas, plain and simple.  The donors made a mess and a fool of Texas.  

I’m tired of Herman too.  But say he wins out, loses to OU in the Ccg and bitch slaps aTm in the sugar bowl.  Fire him at 9-3?  You can’t offer UM until Herman has been fired.  Urban turns it down then you look like a dumbass program again.  Then what?

No, you can't technically "hire" UM until WTH is fired. But, you can reach an agreement in principle verbally. Hopefully, the BMDs and CDC are on the same page this go 'round.

"We got played by Saban's agent". How do you know that? Were you privy to the conversations?

51 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

It wasn't Saban's agent that kept Saban from coming to UT. It was Mack Brown.

Former Texas regent offers more proof Nick Saban was really headed for Austin

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-texas/article232463862.html

33 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

The Saban fiasco had nothing to do with the boosters, they did act in their own interest but the table was set and Saban was on board. Mack derailed the hire. Saban and Mack are friends or at least have respect for each other. Saban would not take the job until Mack resigned. Mack knew the plan and he refused to resign. Saban had a new contract offer from Bama but hadn’t signed off yet. He stayed out of the office “recruiting” to give the Texas situation time to play out. Once he realized Mack wasn’t going to resign and he couldn’t put Bama off any longer he signed the new contract. He signed on December 13, 2013 and on December 14, 2013 Mack announced he was resigning. Mack was understandably pissed at the way it was all handled but end the end he got a little retribution at the expense of the program. The better story is what the boosters went through just to get Mack at the point of resignation but that’s a discussion for another time. 

22 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

The Saban fiasco had nothing to do with the boosters, they did act in their own interest but the table was set and Saban was on board. Mack derailed the hire. Saban and Mack are friends or at least have respect for each other. Saban would not take the job until Mack resigned. Mack knew the plan and he refused to resign. Saban had a new contract offer from Bama but hadn’t signed off yet. He stayed out of the office “recruiting” to give the Texas situation time to play out. Once he realized Mack wasn’t going to resign and he couldn’t put Bama off any longer he signed the new contract. He signed on December 13, 2013 and on December 14, 2013 Mack announced he was resigning. Mack was understandably pissed at the way it was all handled but end the end he got a little retribution at the expense of the program. The better story is what the boosters went through just to get Mack at the point of resignation but that’s a discussion for another time. 

I never heard what the boosters went thru to get Mack to resign....please tell

1 hour ago, RickyFlair said:

Hey, we've got time to hear what the boosters went through just to get Mack at the point of resignation. 

1 hour ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

No, you can't technically "hire" UM until WTH is fired. But, you can reach an agreement in principle verbally. Hopefully, the BMDs and CDC are on the same page this go 'round.

"We got played by Saban's agent". How do you know that? Were you privy to the conversations?

Well let’s see.  The donors were telling that it was as good as done.  Then within a week Alabama announces Saban’s raise and extension.  Somebody got played.  

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

It wasn't Saban's agent that kept Saban from coming to UT. It was Mack Brown.

Former Texas regent offers more proof Nick Saban was really headed for Austin

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-texas/article232463862.html

The donors should’ve kept their mouths shut on the matter then IF that’s true.  You can’t make certain announcements til after others are made.  They’re gonna screw the urban meyer possibility up too

1 hour ago, RickyFlair said:

They should’ve fired Mack if that were the case.  Waiting on him to get the idea was dumb.  If Saban was on board, he’d have waited a few more days

1 hour ago, DBut82 said:

I never heard what the boosters went thru to get Mack to resign....please tell

Lol, yea, I’d love to hear it too.  Lots of insiders here.  

Texas ended up with shit in their face because Saban’s agent played the Texas donors.  That was as plain as day looking at the situation.  They’re going to cost the program a chance to hire UM if they don’t let Herman go first.  Sometimes you’ve gotta learn when to keep a secret.

1 minute ago, Drb522 said:

Lol, yea, I’d love to hear it too.  Lots of insiders here.  

Texas ended up with shit in their face because Saban’s agent played the Texas donors.  That was as plain as day looking at the situation.  They’re going to cost the program a chance to hire UM if they don’t let Herman go first.  Sometimes you’ve gotta learn when to keep a secret.

You're just making assumptions about how UT "got played". Only thing I agree with in your conjecture is UT should've gone ahead and fired Mack. But, regrettably, Powers didn't have the stones.