Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hermann needs to go

Jim M.

18 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Meyer wasn’t fired; he resigned for health reasons. He still has a job at Ohio State.  Just opened a new restaurant next to the Ohio State campus. My son is going to Ohio State. 

Urban knows how to party - another plus. BMDs will have to get him a good deal on prime real estate. 🍺

Urban Meyer's Pint House opening Friday in Dublin | WSYXUrban Meyer's Pint House Is Officially Open

12 hours ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Oh, and @North Texas Golferand @Sirhornsalot, y'all are both pretty. 😘

"Irrelevant" is a subjective term that can mean many different things, but I'd assert Texas Football hasn't been relevant much this past decade. But, it ain't worth arguing over. We can discuss this ad nauseam over a 🍺 sometime if you're in DFW.

I hate ate to see us discussing “ irrelevant”.... no matter how we huff and puff......the fact is that we have been irrelevant for 10 years.

I have a concern that the same people who couldn't evaluate Tom Herman objectively a few years ago are again the loudest voices in the room.

I know of at least one individual who, from the start, was deeply concerned about Herman's stupefying insistence on expending his goodwill with the alumni when he just had to bring a rape apologist and a high school drug dealer onto campus. The alumni held their collective noses because we were told we had to sacrifice integrity to beat TCU and OU. The loudest voices in the room shouted down any criticism of "St. Tom the Intellect." They were wrong.

I remember at least one person who was concerned Tom Herman had an issue getting his team focused on the game at opening kickoff. While the talent was there, horrible starts against an inferior opponent (especially early in the season) cost Tom dearly. The loudest voices in the room shouted down any criticism of "St. Tom the Intellect." They were wrong.

I am very much on record as being very opposed to the now familiar argument that if UT doesn't overlook ethical and character problems the program will be incapable of defeating TCU or OU in football. I thought those in favor of ignoring warning signs were wrong a few years ago. I believe those same people are again the loudest voices in the room and pushing for "St. Urban the Innocent." I believe those people are wrong today.

TCU didn't have to dive into an ethical sewer to build a program that has seemingly broken UT athletics and driven it to desperate decisions. TCU hired an AD who had the vision to play the long game. Oh where can UT find such a proven AD to lead our program?

Urban Meyer is bad news. Very bad. I disagree with those who can't solve this problem without essentially placing UT athletics on the precipice of being a scumbag program. It is a bad lesson to teach that whenever one's intellectual abilities find their limitation, the best course of action is to act unethically. A very bad lesson.

The Urban Meyer warning signs are clear. Ignore them with an understanding doing so will carry a very dear cost.

hbr urban.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I have a concern that the same people who couldn't evaluate Tom Herman objectively a few years ago are again the loudest voices in the room.

I know of at least one individual who, from the start, was deeply concerned about Herman's stupefying insistence on expending his goodwill with the alumni when he just had to bring a rape apologist and a high school drug dealer onto campus. The alumni held their collective noses because we were told we had to sacrifice integrity to beat TCU and OU. The loudest voices in the room shouted down any criticism of "St. Tom the Intellect." They were wrong.

I remember at least one person who was concerned Tom Herman had an issue getting his team focused on the game at opening kickoff. While the talent was there, horrible starts against an inferior opponent (especially early in the season) cost Tom dearly. The loudest voices in the room shouted down any criticism of "St. Tom the Intellect." They were wrong.

I am very much on record as being very opposed to the now familiar argument that if UT doesn't overlook ethical and character problems the program will be incapable of defeating TCU or OU in football. I thought those in favor of ignoring warning signs were wrong a few years ago. I believe those same people are again the loudest voices in the room and pushing for "St. Urban the Innocent." I believe those people are wrong today.

TCU didn't have to dive into an ethical sewer to build a program that has seemingly broken UT athletics and driven it to desperate decisions. TCU hired an AD who had the vision to play the long game. Oh where can UT find such a proven AD to lead our program?

Urban Meyer is bad news. Very bad. I disagree with those who can't solve this problem without essentially placing UT athletics on the precipice of being a scumbag program. It is a bad lesson to teach that whenever one's intellectual abilities find their limitation, the best course of action is to act unethically. A very bad lesson.

The Urban Meyer warning signs are clear. Ignore them with an understanding doing so will carry a very dear cost.

hbr urban.jpeg

Got to admit that I like reading your posts for the humor I find in them. 

For example, you said "TCU didn't have to dive into an ethical sewer to build a program that has seemingly broken UT athletics and driven it to desperate decisions."

To quote Larry the Cable Guy, "I don't care what you say, that right there is funny".

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

hbr urban.jpeg

I hate to disagree with my favorites on this board, but I think Duke is right. I hope I don't get expelled for that. 🤭

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I have a concern that the same people who couldn't evaluate Tom Herman objectively a few years ago are again the loudest voices in the room

Agree. I remember the editors at IT were Tom Herman's biggest cheerleaders, especially Eric Nahlin. Ketch was doing his usual antics pushing for Tom. When Dabo Swinney offered to bring his whole staff they all ridiculed Dabo, especially the crew at IT with their condescending country club comments. Now granted, they were not the decision makers, but they used their influence as much as possible and stirred the natives (hmmm, has anything changed?). The decision makers of the Charlie Strong hire, or should I say the lack of there of, was lack of leadership. One camp you had BMDs recruiting Saban and the other camps, you had Mack Brown squatting, his leadership allowing that to happen and the president...well, I'm not sure what he was doing. In short, the whole process was dysfunctional and embarrassing. If we learned anything, let's dont repeat that again, including listening to the cheerleaders who are trying to sell subscriptions. This time around we need leadership and strategy from CDC and the president.

To make my opinion clear of Tom Herman, I am going to use a Lloyd Bentson quote that was made in a VP debate: Tom Herman, you're no Darrell Royal.

23 minutes ago, 63_Texas_1 said:

Agree. I remember the editors at IT were Tom Herman's biggest cheerleaders, especially Eric Nahlin. Ketch was doing his usual antics pushing for Tom. When Dabo Swinney offered to bring his whole staff they all ridiculed Dabo, especially the crew at IT with their condescending country club comments. Now granted, they were not the decision makers, but they used their influence as much as possible and stirred the natives (hmmm, has anything changed?). The decision makers of the Charlie Strong hire, or should I say the lack of there of, was lack of leadership. One camp you had BMDs recruiting Saban and the other camps, you had Mack Brown squatting, his leadership allowing that to happen and the president...well, I'm not sure what he was doing. In short, the whole process was dysfunctional and embarrassing. If we learned anything, let's dont repeat that again, including listening to the cheerleaders who are trying to sell subscriptions. This time around we need leadership and strategy from CDC and the president.

To make my opinion clear of Tom Herman, I am going to use a Lloyd Bentson quote that was made in a VP debate: Tom Herman, you're no Darrell Royal.

Wait a minute! How did you do that? You show a quote from me that is not mine. 

44 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Wait a minute! How did you do that? You show a quote from me that is not mine. 

Yikes!  I'm not sure how I did that.  I remember copying a quote from Randolph Duke and hit the quote button.  Perhaps I copied the quote (from Randolph Duke) from your copied response and hit the quote button.  I'm sure it is an user error on my part.  😜 LOL

4 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Got to admit that I like reading your posts for the humor I find in them. 

For example, you said "TCU didn't have to dive into an ethical sewer to build a program that has seemingly broken UT athletics and driven it to desperate decisions."

To quote Larry the Cable Guy, "I don't care what you say, that right there is funny".

TcU has overlooked drug trafficking during GFP's tenure, but is thus far clear of rape charges ala Baylor and LSU. So, they've got that going for them which is nice.

4 hours ago, UTfish said:

I hate to disagree with my favorites on this board, but I think Duke is right. I hope I don't get expelled for that. 🤭

If he's right, then tell me how Ohio State and Florida and Utah are viewed as scumbag programs today.

I think UM has made his fair share of bad decisions, especially at Florida, but there's not a trail of destruction in his wake as RD's post would indicate.

Besides, our heathern rivals from the north are as dirty as it gets. They win. They win a lot. They go to CFPs. They regularly win this conference. They regularly kick our ass.

Just tell me how we're going to change that.

Find another DKR easy to say but almost impossible to do.If Meyer is not available maybe take ayoung upcoming coachat a small school.

Then hire a media spokeperson to takecare of LHN and otherdistractions.

Any thats my best guess.  ButI am begining to think we are stuck with Tom for at leastone more year.

We should get a blowout win against KU this Saturday putting us at 6-2.  The remaining games are tough.... (Big 12 tough that is):

Iowa St. / K State / (Big 12 Championship game <ou>)

The final 2 or 3 games decide whether this is a “good season,” very disappointing or another miserable failure.   Jobs very well might depend on these games. 

45 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

We should get a blowout win against KU this Saturday putting us at 6-2.  The remaining games are tough.... (Big 12 tough that is):

Iowa St. / K State / (Big 12 Championship game <ou>)

The final 2 or 3 games decide whether this is a “good season,” very disappointing or another miserable failure.   Jobs very well might depend on these games. 

I think TFH is done with one more regular season loss.

IMO, he stays if we play in the Big 12 Championship. No inside info, just a hunch. Not that it's a hot take. CDC would rather find a way to keep him. 

On 11/16/2020 at 2:41 PM, primal defense said:

Davis: “Right. And one quick follow-up. I understand everything you’re saying about  you and Chris (Del Conte) being tight, but he tweets about all these other sports at UT winning and he doesn’t tweet about Texas football. When I ask him about you and the football (program), he refuses to answer anything about how it’s going. So does it bother you that a very public guy doesn’t give a lot of public love to the football program?”

Herman: “No. ‘Cause I know what the truth is. I don’t care what the public love is, or how many tweets football gets in comparison to volleyball. … I’m not gonna worried about a grown man’s tweet count. I’m not. Maybe you guys do and that’s your job, but I know what is  said to me eye to eye, man to man, in offices and meetings and all of that. There is no stock whatoever placed in the tweet count of a 50-year-old man.”

This is the part I would call a smoking gun. Herman almost sounds combative. Question is, did CDC tweet about football wins in the past?

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

If he's right, then tell me how Ohio State and Florida and Utah are viewed as scumbag programs today.

I think UM has made his fair share of bad decisions, especially at Florida, but there's not a trail of destruction in his wake as RD's post would indicate.

Besides, our heathern rivals from the north are as dirty as it gets. They win. They win a lot. They go to CFPs. They regularly win this conference. They regularly kick our ass.

Just tell me how we're going to change that.

They're not. They didn't know the coach they were hiring at the time was a scumbag. We know. 

Old fashioned, I guess, but I don't think we should sacrifice our morals or ethics. If you have to do that to win, then what have you won? Kinda takes the shine off the trophy, doesn't it?

Stoop a little, stoop a lot. Might as well hire Art Briles. Could get him a lot cheaper. 

27 minutes ago, UTfish said:

They're not. They didn't know the coach they were hiring at the time was a scumbag. We know. 

Old fashioned, I guess, but I don't think we should sacrifice our morals or ethics. If you have to do that to win, then what have you won? Kinda takes the shine off the trophy, doesn't it?

Stoop a little, stoop a lot. Might as well hire Art Briles. Could get him a lot cheaper. 

Alrighty then lets just stick with Tom Herman. We can always pimp that we may never win the conference, but we're soapy-clean. lol

Seriously, I don't think Briles and Meyer deserve to be uttered in the same breath. There's a big difference in one character mis-judgement as opposed to sanctioned rape.

If we're looking for cheap, then lets not worry about wins.

1 hour ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

I think TFH is done with one more regular season loss.

IMO, he stays if we play in the Big 12 Championship. No inside info, just a hunch. Not that it's a hot take. CDC would rather find a way to keep him. 

From what I understand from what I learned today, it is looking less likely that a conference championship would save him. I know, I know, incredible, IMO. But I've been told there is something else behind the scenes going on with 1) BMDS and TH, and 2) CDC and TH and some of it, for lack of a better term, is unforgivable. 

I'd love to know what that would be. But thats all that I heard.

25 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

From what I understand from what I learned today, it is looking less likely that a conference championship would save him. I know, I know, incredible, IMO. But I've been told there is something else behind the scenes going on with 1) BMDS and TH, and 2) CDC and TH and some of it, for lack of a better term, is unforgivable. 

There has got to be a rift of some sort. First the EOT contradictions between the two and now Herman saying he doesn't care about his bosses tweet count. And before anyone argues that's not what he said I'll say your playing at semantics. You just don't say stuff like that in a public forum.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, now that you 'splain it like that...