Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I will add, this was done in a hurry-up situation. Ingram had just caught a 60-70 yd pass. Then he ran for 20 or so more the next play. And now gassed, they give it to him again.

With 2:43 on the clock, we went into hurry up at the goal. WHY? WHY? WHY? Make TCU burn a time out. Geez, what was CTH thinking?

Why not just have Ehlinger sneak it? He's not gassed. He's used to the sneak. He's responsible with the ball. And maybe at least he knows he has PLENTY of time to work with?

CTH shot himself in the foot. Totally unforced.

I was wondering the same thing as it was happening. I was thinking we got TCU right where want them. Slow down. Milk tbe clock. Don't give them much time to respond.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The eyes of Texas situation on Saturday has added a new level of dissatisfaction with Herman. As you would expect there were a few folks hesitant to fork out the money to get rid of him but the new th

Dabo He's likeable, younger, and much "cleaner" than Meyer. But, Dabo is probably next in line at Bama if he wants that job in a couple of years. Only reasons to come to UT are money and "challen

You are absolutely correct on both points. We are better than 2014-2017 which were historically bad for UT. I am also blinded by hate. I hate undisciplined football at the level I coach and even more

Posted Images

More than n once our defense lined up with our tackles almost out to the end position. That left a huge gap in the center of the defense and there was no line backer there. On at least one of those the quarterback ran straight up the middle untouched to the end zone. It was the most ridiculous defensive line placement I have ever seen. That is on Ash and Hermann.

I was screaming at the TV each time it happened.

Meyer believes it all comes down to the Longhorns’ inability to develop and evaluate talent.

“Let’s talk about the why. Here is the why. There’s two reasons — No. 1, evaluation. You have to really, thoroughly go back and say, ‘Are we evaluating the right way in our program?’ But here’s where I want to spend a second talking about, development. Once they get on your campus, you have to develop them. And when I say development, it’s weight room, it’s training room, it’s nutritionists — it might even be a sports psychologist — and then, of course, it’s going to be the assistant coaches.

“So the what is yeah, they haven’t had many players drafted. That’s fine. The average viewer can say, ‘OK, that’s the what.’ But let’s dig deep, lift up the hood and say why — it’s evaluation process and it’s development of the player. If the NFL Draft doesn’t start showing more Texas Longhorn players every spring, it’s going to be the same old story.

This might not be what Texas fans want to hear, but Meyer is telling the truth.

Offensively, the Longhorns have sent a handful of players to the NFL. Last year alone we saw Devin Duvernay and Collin Johnson get drafted.

Until Texas’ program finds a way to develop its defensive talent, it’ll be unable to unlock its full potential.

How do you evaluate the roster of a college program, especially a blue-blood program like Texas? It's called the NFL Draft," said Meyer, the former Ohio State head coach (2012-18), whom Herman worked for as an offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach (2012-14). "When you see this graphic here, it just takes your breath away that first-round picks — they have top-10 recruiting classes every year. However, it doesn't show up in the NFL Draft.

"So this is the what. You look at a school like Alabama, Ohio State — top-10 classes, but they have 32 first-round draft picks and Ohio State, 18, respectively. Now, Texas with three. So that's the what.

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, he wasn't that far down field and was not progressing upfield. So 9 out of 10 times, that flag isn't thrown.

Sha....that is right...9 out of 10 times....but the problem is that it is illegal and can be called. The kid ran out there and looked around lost as a goose. He knew he wasnt supposed to be there....that draws a flag 100 % of the time Texas does something good.

That may happen to Saban's 3rd team, but not to the 1st team when the game is on the line.

1 minute ago, oldhorn2 said:

Sha....that is right...9 out of 10 times....but the problem is that it is illegal and can be called. The kid ran out there and looked around lost as a goose. He knew he wasnt supposed to be there....that draws a flag 100 % of the time Texas does something good.

That may happen to Saban's 3rd team, but not to the 1st team when the game is on the line.

lol, they can't penalize you for looking lost. If they did, we'd never get a play off. lol

I think you're reading too much into this by saying he knew he wasn't supposed to be there. Thats a stretch, at best.

Refs can't read minds.

He was within 2 yards of the LOS. That doesn't get flagged most times. But this was amateur hour.

CDC made a big mistake giving Herman an extension before he won anything.  Sadly now we're stuck with him... The time he is fired the roster will be garbage for the next coach.  Recruiting will be key to watch. Once the recruits stop coming because they know it's over and or they no longer believe in the coach Herman is dead man walking... Hopefully we do not let this drag along too long...

11 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

CDC made a big mistake giving Herman an extension before he won anything.  Sadly now we're stuck with him... The time he is fired the roster will be garbage for the next coach.  Recruiting will be key to watch. Once the recruits stop coming because they know it's over and or they no longer believe in the coach Herman is dead man walking... Hopefully we do not let this drag along too long...

Didn't he get the extension after the win over Georgia?

Fans were happy but you don't give a raise over one game – unless you've beaten OU 100-0.

33 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Didn't he get the extension after the win over Georgia?

Fans were happy but you don't give a raise over one game – unless you've beaten OU 100-0.

That’s the way Dodd’s did with Mackovic after the win over Nebraska......Roll Left. I think I remember he went in the locker room after that game and promised him an extension......and we know how that ended. I just think it’s obscured to extend a coach that has a couple of years still remaining on the current deal. How many millions are they going to pay out before they realize this? Maybe I don’t know anything, but I would extend close to the last year if each year we had seen major improvement. There is not many coaches going to leave The University of Texas for another college job and if the NFL is after them, you probably aren’t going to be able to keep them anyway. So there is no need to knee jerk extend a coach  

6 hours ago, Bear19 said:

More than n once our defense lined up with our tackles almost out to the end position. That left a huge gap in the center of the defense and there was no line backer there. On at least one of those the quarterback ran straight up the middle untouched to the end zone. It was the most ridiculous defensive line placement I have ever seen. That is on Ash and Hermann.

I was screaming at the TV each time it happened.

I remember in high school, my coach telling me (I was a QB) that if I saw daylight in the middle, no matter what I had called in the huddle, I had the green light to run up the middle.

Not long after that, they were heavy outside with no one in the middle. I goosed my center which told him I was coming up the middle. I got 45 yards on that play. lol

On 10/3/2020 at 7:41 PM, Mike Garland said:

Herman don’t fumble. 

The. End. 

Whoa, the new guy with a little insight that will probably go right over everyone's head!

Really easy to blame the coaches. But at some point, the damn players have to stop letting their coaches down and play to their potential and make plays. And no, I'm not picking on Ingram. I'm picking on a lot of them. 

23 hours ago, Mike Garland said:

Objective....... Understandable.......... nothing at stake........ I'm able to see things different........

Nothing against anyones opinion that differs from mine...... I just have different opinion. 

I like your style. Maybe that's because you think for yourself and don't blindly follow the crowd.

1 minute ago, North Texas Golfer said:

And at some point, those players have to play like they are capable. That's on them as much as it's on the coaches. 

Do you have a horse/mule and if so, do you ride him until he's cripple? Or are you careful about that?

One of those is Herman. The other is me. In this case, the gassed horse affected 85 others and millions of alumni/fans (as well as the team's title hopes). And that's on Herman.

Herman wasn't gassed. He's supposed to be smart. Its his leadership. He had tons of time on the clock. Tons. Why go to a hurry-up? Why not make TCU burn a time-out? Or two? Or why not let Ehlinger, who is not gassed, take it in himself?

9 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Do you have a horse/mule and if so, do you ride him until he's cripple? Or are you careful about that?

One of those is Herman. The other is me. In this case, the gassed horse affected 85 others and millions of alumni/fans (as well as the team's title hopes). And that's on Herman.

Herman wasn't gassed. He's supposed to be smart. Its his leadership. He had tons of time on the clock. Tons. Why go to a hurry-up? Why not make TCU burn a time-out? Or two? Or why not let Ehlinger, who is not gassed, take it in himself?

I don't disagree at all with you about that sequence. But there 57-58 minutes of game time prior to that that numerous players made stupid plays/mistakes. And a lot those are on the players. They need to step up their game. As do the coaches. 

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

MB

or anyone

Didn’t Herman get his extension the year before CDC arrived?

Just now, North Texas Golfer said:

I don't disagree at all with you about that sequence. But there 57-58 minutes of game time prior to that that numerous players made stupid plays/mistakes. And a lot those are on the players. 

I'll agree with that. The dropped pass by Jake Smith that killed a drive comes to mind. The 8-ft wide gap in our defense caused by not lining up correctly and provided the space Duggan needed to sprint 30 yards for the go ahead score, is another.

5 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'll agree with that. The dropped pass by Jake Smith that killed a drive comes to mind. The 8-ft wide gap in our defense caused by not lining up correctly and provided the space Duggan needed to sprint 30 yards for the go ahead score, is another.

Or the wide receiver that covered the tight end who sure enough goes downfield on a pass route. That's just stupid shit that any player half way paying attention wouldn't do.