Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The NFL coach I would love to see on the 40 is Mike Tomlin. I know it won't happen, but I have always thought he was a helluva coach who does not get the league-wide respect he deserves. Most NFL guys won't consider college because of the recruiting. Unlike the NFL, college coaching is year-round, 24-7 and requires a lot of ass-kissing for the boosters and BM donors. Can you imagine Bill Belichick as a college FB coach? We've screwed up this hire twice now. And Herman probably will return in 2021, but anyone who watched the last two games should easily be able to see that the program is not better, that it is not elite, that it is vastly overrated. When you are No. 1 in revenue in the country, with your own TV network, you should not have to rally to beat Texas Tech in overtime or lose to TCU at home. Maybe my standards are too high.  

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The eyes of Texas situation on Saturday has added a new level of dissatisfaction with Herman. As you would expect there were a few folks hesitant to fork out the money to get rid of him but the new th

Dabo He's likeable, younger, and much "cleaner" than Meyer. But, Dabo is probably next in line at Bama if he wants that job in a couple of years. Only reasons to come to UT are money and "challen

You are absolutely correct on both points. We are better than 2014-2017 which were historically bad for UT. I am also blinded by hate. I hate undisciplined football at the level I coach and even more

Posted Images

I agree that Tom is in over his head and the lack of development of the players shows especially on the offensive line.  From football, basketball and even baseball it seems the men's Texas Sports program has just slid into mediocracy for over a decade.  I honestly don't have any answers or a clue who would be my next choice for Head Coach or what needs to be done to get the whole men's athletic program back on a winning track  .  They have practically beaten the joy out of me and I am starting to discover that I just don't care anymore as it just leads to even more disappointments.  I will also state that this same post represents how I fee about the Dallas Cowboys....God the amount of time I have wasted in the past 10 years hoping or thinking these two teams would actually be better than they were the previous year.  

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

If we're driving down field late in the 4th against yet another opponent picked to sit in the conference cellar, trying to pull it out at DKR – that's on Herman.

TCU isn't a cellar team.... IMO....

I get the point of it but Patterson is a hell of a coach and no matter the talent he has he isn't cellar. IDC if anyone says other\iwse... 

Truth is, Texas isn't back....

3 minutes ago, Mike Garland said:

TCU isn't a cellar team.... IMO....

I get the point of it but Patterson is a hell of a coach and no matter the talent he has he isn't cellar. IDC if anyone says other\iwse... 

Truth is, Texas isn't back....

And that's on Herman. He has everything he needs, plus a helluva experienced QB.

IMO, it's just not in him.

1 hour ago, Mike Garland said:

Herman don’t fumble. 

The. End. 

That's true Herman didn't fumble. I don't know if your frozen caveman lawyer, but your not taking into account that Herman has an awful record against Patterson even though he recruits better players, he has a 27-16 record at UT, he's won no Big 12 titles, and that we should have lost last week.

Longhorn fans on this board are talking about wanting to get rid of Herman because of his record here and not because we lost this game.

The End
25 minutes ago, primal defense said:
That's true Herman didn't fumble. I don't know if your frozen caveman lawyer, but your not taking into account that Herman has an awful record against Patterson even though he recruits better players, he has a 27-16 record at UT, he's won no Big 12 titles, and that we should have lost last week.

Longhorn fans on this board are talking about wanting to get rid of Herman because of his record here and not because we lost this game.

The End

Oh I'm just someone that does'nt have goggles on...

2 hours ago, Mike Garland said:

Let's be real for a minute...... Does Herman have everything he needs?

He said two years ago this was going to be the year. He said that. But I agree because he's got the tools to do it with. Ultra-talented secondary. Same with the DL. LB could use some depth but we have some players there. Offensively, young but very talented receivers. Loaded TE room (did you see Jared Wiley today?). Experience, talent and depth along the OL (although not developed). Three home-run hitters at RB. And a QB who at least was in the Heisman race.

He has all the resources of UT at his finger tips. He has a support staff most schools drool over. 

What else does he need?

2 hours ago, Mike Garland said:

Oh I'm just someone that does'nt have goggles on...

I understand what you're saying here. And maybe I'm still a bit pissed about the game. lol

But my post is honest in that I don't know what else the man needs to get it done. This has been his MO for a long time. Loses a few he shouldn't have, wins a few he shouldn't have. 

I said to myself last week after our narrow win in Lubbuttocks, we're not as good as we thought we'd be. And I am still not sure why.

I know the coordinators are new, but we're not doing anything very difficult in scheme. Defensively, its sound because its simple. Offensively, I can't complain. We're putting points on the board like we haven't in a long time. 

I think we all agree but the trouble is we seem to get into these contracts where they are massive amounts of money and they get extended (football and basketball) and so to get a coach out cost way up in the millions. So then you find a new coach and you have to pay his buyout (more millions) and then you sign the new coach to a new contract (many more millions). You’re talking 20-30M to get a new coach with 3 years left on his current contract. That’s hard to justify when you’ve laid off 40 something people and had a big majority of staff take mandatory pay cuts. This is why Shaka is still here......he’s owed too much money. COVID has changed the landscape on paying these buyouts when the athletic department is losing massive amounts of money. We’ll see......I guess 

21 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

I think we all agree but the trouble is we seem to get into these contracts where they are massive amounts of money and they get extended (football and basketball) and so to get a coach out cost way up in the millions. So then you find a new coach and you have to pay his buyout (more millions) and then you sign the new coach to a new contract (many more millions). You’re talking 20-30M to get a new coach with 3 years left on his current contract. That’s hard to justify when you’ve laid off 40 something people and had a big majority of staff take mandatory pay cuts. This is why Shaka is still here......he’s owed too much money. COVID has changed the landscape on paying these buyouts when the athletic department is losing massive amounts of money. We’ll see......I guess 

you make a great point..from an economic standpoint this is not the time to dump a 20M salary with no revenue coming in, everyone know FB is the moneymaker and to use a family metaphor, you dont get rid of a Dad unless you got a for sure sugar daddy to replace the head of the household ...

We have been down this road before, when Mack started to lose we showed him the door and where did that get us...when that didnt work we went shopping again..which brings us to present day..We change coaches again and the  other school are going to tell recruits , you dont want to go to Texas, they won't keep their current coach...

Sam might have been premature in proclaiming We're Back, but the road back isn't easy, the program and the culture at the 40 Acres needs to be changed and not just with the social warriors...we are getting some blue chippers, but Texas still aint the cool destination , and Im not sure what it will take to change that perception

12 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

He said two years ago this was going to be the year. He said that. But I agree because he's got the tools to do it with. Ultra-talented secondary. Same with the DL. LB could use some depth but we have some players there. Offensively, young but very talented receivers. Loaded TE room (did you see Jared Wiley today?). Experience, talent and depth along the OL (although not developed). Three home-run hitters at RB. And a QB who at least was in the Heisman race.

He has all the resources of UT at his finger tips. He has a support staff most schools drool over. 

What else does he need?

Agree 100% except the OL.

What does it take to win big time.

Brown could not beat OU

Strong could not beat anybody.

Herman could not beat TCU or OU when it counted.

All were players coaches. Great coaches IMO are control coaches. My way or the highway or bench. Thats what Texas needs .

Is there a ex OU QB coaching some where? Maybe lighting can strike twice.

17 hours ago, Mike Garland said:

Herman don’t fumble. 

The. End. 

??????

Calling a dive play for a totally gassed player on 1st and goal from the 1 yd line is a pretty bad fumble! We have a steamroller for a QB and that eliminates a hand off.......and he wasnt gassed.

Not teaching a young O-lineman that he cant run upfield on a pass play is a damned fumble!

This team has no dicipline and THAT is a damned fumble!

The fact is that 2 weeks in a row Herman has not had his team ready to play.

The.End.

2 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

??????

Calling a dive play for a totally gassed player on 1st and goal from the 1 yd line is a pretty bad fumble! We have a steamroller for a QB and that eliminates a hand off.......and he wasnt gassed.

Not teaching a young O-lineman that he cant run upfield on a pass play is a damned fumble!

The.End.

Or how about not having the attention to detail to know you had 1 second left on the clock with the safety. If you’re Herman, how are you not aware of this? How are you not on the refs ear about that right away? There are so many things Herman has done that’s a fumble during his time hear?

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

??????

The.End.

I will add, this was done in a hurry-up situation. Ingram had just caught a 60-70 yd pass. Then he ran for 20 or so more the next play. And now gassed, they give it to him again.

With 2:43 on the clock, we went into hurry up at the goal. WHY? WHY? WHY? Make TCU burn a time out. Geez, what was CTH thinking?

Why not just have Ehlinger sneak it? He's not gassed. He's used to the sneak. He's responsible with the ball. And maybe at least he knows he has PLENTY of time to work with?

CTH shot himself in the foot. Totally unforced.