Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The eyes of Texas situation on Saturday has added a new level of dissatisfaction with Herman. As you would expect there were a few folks hesitant to fork out the money to get rid of him but the new th

Dabo He's likeable, younger, and much "cleaner" than Meyer. But, Dabo is probably next in line at Bama if he wants that job in a couple of years. Only reasons to come to UT are money and "challen

Another day has passed and Herman is still not fired.  More wasted time.

Posted Images

Herman has to go. He is not the coach. Fire him after this season. If you cannot find the money to fire him, maybe that tells you the state of affairs. I’m sure Urban would jump at the opportunity to replace Herman and fix what he couldn’t. But that guy is maybe a tough sell. Lots of baggage. I still like the idea of making Joe Brady the guy. We saw what he helped create last season with LSU. He was been around Rhule this season in the NFL so he has been getting some good knowledge on how to run a team. Give him the job if you can get him. It’s easy for him to walk into Ewers living room and say, see what Burrows did. Get ready. I’m gonna do the same for you.

37 minutes ago, hornsups said:

Herman has to go. He is not the coach. Fire him after this season. If you cannot find the money to fire him, maybe that tells you the state of affairs. I’m sure Urban would jump at the opportunity to replace Herman and fix what he couldn’t. But that guy is maybe a tough sell. Lots of baggage. I still like the idea of making Joe Brady the guy. We saw what he helped create last season with LSU. He was been around Rhule this season in the NFL so he has been getting some good knowledge on how to run a team. Give him the job if you can get him. It’s easy for him to walk into Ewers living room and say, see what Burrows did. Get ready. I’m gonna do the same for you.

This would not upset me.

19 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Brown back? He won two conference ships in 18 years, did recrut Vince.

Give Tom 14 more years and he might do as well?

Brown did win 10 games a lot of years.

We got rid of Brown and have hired Strong and Herman. Only one season has been better than Brown's last.

I was never hot on the hire of Herman. It was better than what we had, but not by much. The problem with Herman is the same as it is with a lot of coordinators ... he can't hire staff. It's hard to find THE GUY. I would fear the same thing with Joe Brady. There only a few elite THE GUYS out there. I would put Urban Meyer in that elite category. But with Meyer comes baggage. Like a whole truckload of baggage. Is that a deal-breaker? I feel like Meyer will be hired somewhere, the likely being USC. I don't know if Del Conte has the Del Cajonies to make a hire like this. One thing is clear: With Tom Herman, average is all Texas will ever be. We will lose games we should win and occasionally win games maybe we shouldn't. The one saving grace is that aggy is in no better shape than we are.   

2 minutes ago, NWAHorn said:

I was never hot on the hire of Herman. It was better than what we had, but not by much. The problem with Herman is the same as it is with a lot of coordinators ... he can't hire staff. It's hard to find THE GUY. I would fear the same thing with Joe Brady. There only a few elite THE GUYS out there. I would put Urban Meyer in that elite category. But with Meyer comes baggage. Like a whole truckload of baggage. Is that a deal-breaker? I feel like Meyer will be hired somewhere, the likely being USC. I don't know if Del Conte has the Del Cajonies to make a hire like this. One thing is clear: With Tom Herman, average is all Texas will ever be. We will lose games we should win and occasionally win games maybe we shouldn't. The one saving grace is that aggy is in no better shape than we are.   

And aggy hired a coach with a NC. Where has that gotten them? @Eastexhorn

With what has happened at Texas the past decade I'm not sure Texas can get a big name coach. Yes, the resources and new addition at the stadium look good. Look at the cluster you-know-what with Saban (divisiveness between boosters and admin). Not a good look. Every game Mack Brown wins makes Texas look silly from afar. We out dealed LSU for Herman. I'm not sure Texas can get a big name coach. The AD is going to have to work his magic. 

28 minutes ago, NWAHorn said:

We don’t know if Brady can hire a staff. You know what we do know, he would have a great OC... himself. Thing is most most HC were coordinators at one point so you kinda have to take that risk. But I would wager the guy who has made stops with the Saints, LSU and now Panthers.. that guy has seen how it should be done with really good coaches & Coach O. So if he can have team that’s will prepared and attacks the other teams weaknesses, that’s half the battle for us at this point. The real important hire would really be the DC hire. If you get that right, let him be part of hiring his side of the ball and you ease that press. I would bet a OC as good as Brady can interview offensive positions coaches and get those hires right. 

Sometimes I wake up on Sunday’s and wish for complete implosion by the 49ers. Because in my heart I really wish we could give a massive contract to Kyle Shanahan. Let the Longhorn come home and return us to glory. But that would never happen unfortunately. He’s too good. 

44 minutes ago, hornsups said:

Sometimes I wake up on Sunday’s and wish for complete implosion by the 49ers. Because in my heart I really wish we could give a massive contract to Kyle Shanahan. Let the Longhorn come home and return us to glory. But that would never happen unfortunately. He’s too good. 

As cool as it would be to see the 49ers implode, if they were dumb enough to firre Shanahan, there would be a pretty good line of NFL teams to offer him as soon as he was available. 

Like a lot so far, I wasn't convinced CTH was ready but also not a big fan of a Saban or Urban. Minus those two, going to have to take a chance on a bright young guy and hope its not the same ol same ol four years from now. Where is the next Ryan Day?

5 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Guess we will have to blame Colt. No injurymight have beat Alabama. Beat Ala. Brown would retired and coach in waiting would take over.

Better players available at Texas than S C. No Strong and maybe no Tom.

Blame the Alabama player that speared McCoy. Should have been a penalty.

Kyle Shanahan...First thing I think of his play calling in losing two Super Bowls. First one with the Falcons he got too emotional and not using his head. The second one he got too conservative and let Patfick Mahones on the field too much in 4tg qt. To me, the credit for the 49ers goes to their GM. He has harvested a lot of talent there. 

12 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

As cool as it would be to see the 49ers implode, if they were dumb enough to firre Shanahan, there would be a pretty good line of NFL teams to offer him as soon as he was available. 

Like a lot so far, I wasn't convinced CTH was ready but also not a big fan of a Saban or Urban. Minus those two, going to have to take a chance on a bright young guy and hope its not the same ol same ol four years from now. Where is the next Ryan Day?

That’s why I said he’s too good in the league. Again it was just me stating my wishful thinking that the Longhorn would say I’m coming home. But in. I world do I think he would come here. And now that I think about it would much prefer that my Cowboys take him. But yeah that’s why I didn’t put him as a realistic person. I stand by the Urban Meyer or go all in on Joe Brady. Joe Brady is young. He’s shown his ability to score. And the underrated thing he did was go to Joe Burrows and ask him what he was running in HS. Then he just built those concepts into the scheme. That’s a smart coach. You take your QB’s strengths and maximize it. And again he would just need to get the DC hire right and let that guy have some leeway with his hires.