Find results in...

All Things Politics Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know about everyone else, but I read this somewhere else and it exactly summarizes how I will vote: I'm voting for POLICY, not for an individual

Posted Images

2 hours ago, hornsups said:

Had to stop by to say.. keep up the good job showing how racist you guys are. It never fails. And the posts continue to show you’re either too blind to see how racist the things you post are or you know you’re posting racist stuff and you’re pretending you don’t know it’s racist. Either way. It has to be said that most of the things you guys post about minorities on here are racist. But keep it up. You guys have this outlet to spew you’re stupidity. 

** Responses to this post will not be replied to. But I’m sure you guys will reply anyway because you’re triggered. So reply away. Scream into the ether. You’re better just yelling at your computer screen. It will have the same effect. 

Actually hornsups, your refusal to look at the facts and the truth has convinced me that you are the racist here.

You either too lazy or too stupid to explain what is racist about anything we've posted. You avoid it for a reason. You have nothing. You know it. We know it.

There never is substance to what you say. Just generalities, vague accusations. You never go into specifics, likely because you know of none.

We call that a drive-by. When you have no facts, only feelings, this is what you do. All you could think to do was whip out the race card. Dude, you've got some serious issues.

There's really no point in posting in this thread. You're not honest. You've reduced yourself to name calling. You have bizarre beliefs, – such as (note, an example!) saying black people can't be racist. Only white people can be racist. You're a walking contradiction to your own words there.

You have nothing interesting to contribute because you refuse to be specific or provide examples. Why do you even come to this thread? 

While many have jumped on the “Trump is a racist” bandwagon, no evidence exists to prove that he is one. Accusations of racism against Trump became fashionable once he started publicly criticizing Barack Obama, and when he decided to run for president as a Republican. Prior to his entrance into politics, Trump had a record of service in the private sector that quite clearly contradicts allegations of racism. In 1986, he was awarded the Ellis Island Medal of Honor, along with Rosa Parks and Muhammad Ali, which is awarded annually in celebration of “patriotism, tolerance, brotherhood and diversity.” At a Rainbow Push Coalition event in 1999, Jesse Jackson praised Donald Trump as a “friend” who embraced “the under-served communities.”

Meanwhile, here's some interesting stuff from Joe Biden. Note, these are QUOTES, not opinion.

1. “Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point. We have got to make some move on this.”

2. “You got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” (because, you know, Joe thinks black Americans aren't normally clean)

Jesse Jackson ran for president in 1984 and 1998. Alan Keyes ran for president in 1992, 1996, 2000, and 2008. Carol Moseley Braun and Al Sharpton both ran in 2004. Perhaps they weren’t articulate or clean enough for Biden’s standards.

3. “That people would come to him and talk about what was happening to them at home in terms of foreclosures, in terms of bad loans that were being … I mean these Shylocks who took advantage of, um, these women and men while overseas.”

"Shylock" is a very offensive, anti-semitic slur.

4. “We should challenge students in these schools. We have this notion that somehow if you’re poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.” (because you know, all black people are poor or something)

5. And to prove what how big of a racial idiot he can be:

"Trump is wrong to hold China accountable for the COVID-19 because Americans aren’t able to distinguish “between a South Korean and someone from Beijing.”

6. And apparently, Black Americans all think alike:

“Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

Biden's racial gaffes are certainly not limited to this list, there are hundreds of them. 

10 minutes ago, primal defense said:

See the source image

Sorry, PD, even Snopes says you're peddling misinformation. Gee, thanks. I'd rather someone punch me in the face than lie to me. I'll get over the punch soon enough. The lie goes on hurting me for days, weeks, months, sometimes years.

From Snopes:

What's True

Donald Trump once tweeted, "Sadly, because president Obama has done such a poor job as president, you won't see another black president for generations!"

What's False

Trump did not utter the full statement, "Laziness is a trait in blacks ... I believe that ... No black person will be president again any time soon."

So not only did PD post something false, one would have to deliberately take out of context the words of Trump in order to come to the conclusion he was speaking of laziness. 

But I will agree that Obama was quite lazy.

For the record, Snopes is a joke of a fact check. In their explanation, above, Trump made no reference to laziness at all or even in implication. He clearly based it on "poor performance". Yet, Snopes has to say "did not utter the full statement" . .lol, try did not utter anything like that. lol

e1a4bb0d-9c49-424f-9061-c76961e415e4.png

. On the other hand, this is Donald Trump we’re talking about, and in 1999 Trump told Playboy that “the stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true” when speaking about O’Donnell’s book generally.

“Laziness Is a Trait in Blacks,” 1991 Book Quotes Trump as Saying

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2016/07/trump-complained-about-blacks-inherent-laziness-1991-book-says.html

9 minutes ago, primal defense said:

e1a4bb0d-9c49-424f-9061-c76961e415e4.png

. On the other hand, this is Donald Trump we’re talking about, and in 1999 Trump told Playboy that “the stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true” when speaking about O’Donnell’s book generally.

“Laziness Is a Trait in Blacks,” 1991 Book Quotes Trump as Saying

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2016/07/trump-complained-about-blacks-inherent-laziness-1991-book-says.html

Guilt by assumption? lol

"It's probably true" means "I didn't read it."

PD, don't go into politics. It's obviously not your thing.

55 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

Since I’m one of the white guys posting articles about antifa and blm rioting and looting you’re calling me racist. Your assumption of me being racist is foolish. 

No, it's a cop out and cowardly. When you can't or really don't want to address an issue, you distract with the name calling.

On 8/23/2020 at 10:39 AM, hornsups said:

Had to stop by to say.. keep up the good job showing how racist you guys are. It never fails. And the posts continue to show you’re either too blind to see how racist the things you post are or you know you’re posting racist stuff and you’re pretending you don’t know it’s racist. Either way. It has to be said that most of the things you guys post about minorities on here are racist. But keep it up. You guys have this outlet to spew you’re stupidity. 

** Responses to this post will not be replied to. But I’m sure you guys will reply anyway because you’re triggered. So reply away. Scream into the ether. You’re better just yelling at your computer screen. It will have the same effect. 

You "had to stop by" so that you could make an accusation with no examples or facts to back it up, spend most of your rant rephrasing and repeating the accusation in what appears to be an attempt at distracting your audience from the lack of facts, wrap up your rant with "I'm going to take my ball and go home" and then react to every reply to your post that you said you wouldn't reply to.  Let's see...an accusation that you can't prove, mindless repetition of said accusation and refusal to participate in any kind of intelligent discussion regarding accusation...are you an aggy?

"After all, even fools may be thought wise and intelligent if they stay quiet and keep their mouths shut." - Proverbs 17:28 Good News Translation

So proud of Hershell Walker. His speech tonight was awesome. I remember one day working out by myself in a gym in Van, Texas one afternoon. The gym was owned by a former Dallas Cowboy TE Todd Fowler. But I was literally the only person in the gym.
Door swings open and in walks Fowler, and then Jim Jeffcoat, and then Hershell Walker. They asked if they could join me. After I picked my jaw up from the floor, I said of course.
All three were class acts, great guys. But Hershell stuck out to me that day. Just so genuine. God Bless him.
He was still with the Cowboys when this picture was taken.
1185039166_HerschellWalker.thumb.jpg.82ab82059dd2029f0a1cce8ff1287a1f.jpg
  • TFloss32 changed the title to All Things Politics Thread
  • Aaron Carrara unpinned this topic