• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drgilbert

• Sirhornsalot

• DMAC

• J.B. TexasEx

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Folks, I'm beginning to think we're going to need a redo on this election. I know its unheard of but there is no credibility left in the process we're currently conducting. Rampant cheating on a scale

I haven’t watched an award show in several years.  Not going to waste my time being preached to about values I do not agree with.  

I don't know about everyone else, but I read this somewhere else and it exactly summarizes how I will vote: I'm voting for POLICY, not for an individual

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Bear19 said:

Scary

its all in the name of love. 

We were warned its starts with statues, altering education, street names, building names, memorials then eventually they go after the people. 

No worries Biden will fix everything.  UNITY and reparations?  Just paint the current day swastika on your house and you might be spared the harassment.  Paint BLM right across the front of your driveway or house.  Many businesses are doing it so why not.  Yea BLM and Antifa are fascists

Sexy accent and a gorgeous lady

On 8/15/2020 at 8:15 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

Your neighborhoods aren't important. Our ability to manipulate the vote via mail-in ballots, does.

Its so transparent.  They went on break without a stimulus agreement, so screw the people that are struggling financially, but now Nancy wants to call back congress from the break to address USPS funding so Democrats can manipulate the vote.

32 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

If true Goodyear sucks!!  

Boycott Goodyear. It's as simple as that.

30 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

Isn’t this an invasion of privacy 

This is beyond the pale. Every freedom this country was founded on is being destroyed. All in the name of saving a small percentage of people.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/19/where-black-lives-matter-rioters-learned-to-call-looting-reparations/

Where Black Lives Matter Rioters Learned To Call Looting ‘Reparations’

What rioters on the street hear as 'it's okay to steal from people who have more stuff than I do' in NPR and The Atlantic's offices sound like 'The Case for Reparations.'

In Chicago this summer, Black Lives Matter protesters have repeatedly called for committing crimes as vengeance for claimed racial injustice. A few days ago, marchers in Millennium Park unfurled huge banners, one of which proclaimed “loot it all back.”

March organizers called for the banner to lead the march, according to Grace Del Vecchio, a local writer onsite who also provided video.

After widespread looting in the city as part of ongoing civil unrest accompanied by a crime wave, on Aug. 11 local Black Lives Matter leader Ariel Atkins openly defended looting as “reparations,” according to local outlets.

After 100 looters were arrested and 13 police officers injured by mobs on a protest-enabled crime spree, she said this: “I don’t care if somebody decides to loot a Gucci’s or a Macy’s or a Nike because that makes sure that that person eats. That makes sure that that person has clothes. That’s a reparation,” Atkins said. “Anything they want to take, take it, because these businesses have insurance.”

In a TV interview after Atkins’s comments, while not openly endorsing property crime, Black Lives Matter Chicago cofounder Aislinn Pulley failed to flatly condemn looting as a part of her group’s tactics. Instead she called discussions about looting a “preoccupation” that “works to distract away from the actual cause of the outrage.”

Pulley also implied that rampant property crimes decimating Democrat-run cities like Chicago during ongoing summer protests are not the fault of those committing them, but the fault of voters and elected officials who don’t do what she wants: “The refusal to enact any meaningful change will mean that we will have continued instances like this…We will continue to have unrest, intercommunal violence and these things until the root causes are resolved.”

In other words, don’t blame the criminals, blame the laws they’re breaking and the people enforcing those laws. Just like this admitted ATM robber and his friends say, we need to focus on “what can be done for this man to feel like he don’t need to loot again.” It’s our fault he tried to loot an ATM, you see. We’re responsible for his feelings and actions, not him.

These ideas are not simply isolated, fringe, and from random rabble-rousers. They were also proclaimed to the world on CNN by New York Times lead 1619 Project writer Nikole Hannah-Jones. An interview with Christine Amanpour included this exchange:

CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR: You’ve said, among other things, ‘people who have been left out of the social contract find no need to adhere it.’ Somebody, sort of, checked you on that and said, ‘not left out, but excluded from the social contract.’ And you agreed with being term-checked.

NIKOLE HANNAH-JONES: Absolutely. You are asking whose communities have been looted for decades, don’t have proper schools, don’t have proper amenities. When we see someone killed by the police, that is the worse manifestation of police violence, but it doesn’t get to the daily violence that doesn’t end in death, or the daily degradation that black Americans face. The fact that these communities have been prayed upon by predatory lenders, it goes on and on. When we think about someone taking something from some big-box name store, it is symbolic. That one pair of shoes that you stole from Footlocker is not going to change your life, but it is a symbolic taking.

Retired prison psychiatrist Theodore Dalrymple points out that a refusal to take responsibiliy for one’s own actions and life is a hallmark of criminals and the underclass, aided and abetted by elites who exploit the poor for lucrative careers managing the downtrodden.

The idea that the existence of evil in the world justifies adding more is enabled by a slew of publicly funded white-collar professionals who make bank stoking racial tensions. What rioters on the street hear as “it’s okay to steal from people who have more stuff than I do” in The New York Times, NPR, and The Atlantic’s offices sound like “The Case for Reparations.”

“The case I make for reparations is, virtually every institution with some degree of history in America, be it public, be it private, has a history of extracting wealth and resources out of the African-American community,” reprised Ta-Nehisi Coates to The New Yorker in 2019 of his 2014 Atlantic essay that brought the idea mainstream among elites. “I think what has often been missing—this is what I was trying to make the point of in 2014—that behind all of that oppression was actually theft. In other words, this is not just mean. This is not just maltreatment. This is the theft of resources out of that community.”

In other words, we can steal from you, because you stole from us first. This spirit of revenge is the sentiment behind much of the recent resurgence in identity politics grievances and anti-American hatred. The United States stole land from Native Americans. Therefore we owe them welfare outlays and so-called sovereignty over reservations in perpetuity, as well as copious white tears.

The United States stole blood, sweat, and tears from enslaved Africans. Therefore, the country owes people it has not enslaved white guilt all the way to the point of undoing all the good things about America. As well as power and money — lots and lots of money, in the form of university and Smithsonian Institution sinecures for the white-collar aggrieved, and a bit of looting for the blue-collar aggrieved to supplement their subsidized housing and groceries.

Reparations are simply legalized looting, dressed up in fancy justifications for TV. The reasons are myriad, starting with the fact that no living American today owned slaves. The vast majority of Americans never owned slaves.

In addition, since the days of slavery, immigrants joined the United States by the tens of millions. Thus the vast majority of Americans living today do not even have ancestors who enslaved anyone. Even that presumes that it is right to punish children for the sins of their fathers, which is an injustice if I ever heard of one.

It also presumes that the death, dismemberment, and economic hardships the Civil War caused are not a sufficient punishment upon the nation for its sin of slavery. These are big presumptions, and they deserve open debate in which they could be fairly proven wrong or at least doubted, not pressuring people to leave them uncontested under pain of being called a racist so we can move on to the looting — excuse me, reparations.

On 8/17/2020 at 11:22 AM, Sirhornsalot said:

#1 reason statues have been attacked . . . . they don't fight back.

The Antifa bunch, which is very prevalent in Portland, taunts and attacks policemen, business owners and damages buildings. When they are pushed back by law enforcement via tear gas, rubber bullets and/or smoke balls, they claim that the police are attacking them. Also, if you stand up for someone being attacked, odds are strong you will be the one they turn their attention to and will likely suffer a beating. It happened in Portland this weekend. Man was trying to help a person who was being mugged, and ended up unconscious in the street after he was beaten down and kicked in the head. 
What is eventually going to happen is someone will be killed, either by Antifa or by someone fearing for their life and pulling a gun. It happened in Austin a month or so back, and it will become more common the longer this is allowed to go on. 

1 hour ago, DMAC said:

goodyear-diversity-training-slide.jpg

Goodyear responded to this, so not certain how accurate this was, whether it was from a franchisee/independent store or corporate.

https://twitter.com/goodyear/status/1296111292827283462?s=20

https://twitter.com/goodyear/status/1296111292827283462?s=20https://twitter.com/goodyear/status/1296111292827283462?

6 minutes ago, utparothed said:

Collecting medical info on someone without a clinical need and, more importantly, their permission???  It's a HUGE HIPAA violation at the very least, hospitals get cited, fined and can be shut down for pulling that crap.

Democrats couldnt do this to every citizen so instead they want us to use apps so they can monitor us.

ear-tags-with-lamb.jpg

• TFloss32 changed the title to All Things Politics Thread
  • Aaron Carrara unpinned this topic