Find results in...

All Things Politics Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know about everyone else, but I read this somewhere else and it exactly summarizes how I will vote: I'm voting for POLICY, not for an individual

Posted Images

1 hour ago, drgilbert said:

That’s just pure garbage. I hope that a lot of the blm followers have never read this and are just blindly following because of the sentiment. That organization is terrible 

The New York Times publishes a graph like this one.  The questions in the survey is worded "Do you support the Black Lives Matter movement?"   I think you are right most people of course they support the sentiment but I doubt very many people ,followers and/or non followers, would endorse the items in their manifesto.  Maybe communists would

black-lives-matter-attitudes-15917363813

9 hours ago, DMAC said:

Its hard to understand why anyone endorses this garbage

ffc981f09f907cef54d7f0754ced2fef.gif

Is there a way of finding out if this manifesto is in fact linked to the actual BLM webpage (https://blacklivesmatter.com/)?  There's no references between the two on either page.  You see where I'm going with this?  Basically, could this manifesto be a radical group using BLM to promote their separate, more hostile and ludicrous agenda? 🤔

4 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

Is there a way of finding out if this manifesto is in fact linked to the actual BLM webpage (https://blacklivesmatter.com/)?  There's no references between the two on either page.  You see where I'm going with this?  Basically, could this manifesto be a radical group using BLM to promote their separate, more hostile and ludicrous agenda? 🤔

Good point.  I will do some research when I get a chance. 

16 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

Its difficult to say since both domains are privately registered which is the only way to know for sure.  There are a couple of red flags I notice.  One is the IP location is hosted in China, Hong Kong to be exact and its 91 days old .  Based on this I would lean to fake but no way to know for sure unless you can see who owns the domain.  The actual blm site is private as well.

https://whois.domaintools.com/blmmanifesto.com

Registrant REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Org REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
Registrant Country jp
Registrar ENOM, INC. eNom, LLC
IANA ID: 48
URL: WWW.ENOM.COM,http://www.enom.com
Whois Server: WHOIS.ENOM.COM
email.pgif?md5=48cc975b5949fc4094c5f5d67f42e48f&face=arial&size=9&color=000000&bgcolor=FFFFFF&face=Lato-Regular&size=10&color=5a5a5a&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=transparent&format[]=transparent
(p)phone.pgif?hash=yHvGdgtAtzXSnRbL9xSjAUxshNxWe6jL&face=Lato-Regular&size=10&color=5a5a5a&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=transparent&face=Lato-Regular&size=10&color=5a5a5a&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=transparent
Registrar Status clientTransferProhibited
Dates 91 days old
Created on 2020-06-23
Expires on 2022-06-23
Updated on 2020-07-06
Name Servers NS1.STEELDNS.COM (has 1,178 domains)
NS2.STEELDNS.COM (has 1,178 domains)
Tech Contact REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
REDACTED FOR PRIVACY,
REDACTED FOR PRIVACY, REDACTED FOR PRIVACY, REDACTED FOR PRIVACY, REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
IP Address 111.90.157.37 - 83 other sites hosted on this server
IP Location Hong Kong - Hong Kong - Hong Kong - Shinjiru Technology Sdn Bhd
ASN Hong Kong AS55639 ASIAWEB-SERVICE-HK Asia Web Service Ltd, HK (registered Jul 26, 2010)
Domain Status Registered And Active Website
IP History 1 change on 1 unique IP addresses over 0 years
Registrar History 1 registrar
Hosting History 1 change on 2 unique name servers over 0 year
Website Title favicons?domain=blmmanifesto.com  Black Lives Matter Manifesto
Server Type LiteSpeed
Response Code 200
Terms 369 (Unique: 185, Linked: 7)
Images 0 (Alt tags missing: 0)
Links 3   (Internal: 3, Outbound: 0)
2 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

Why are they private, I thought they wanted publicity. I would also think that if some rogue group was spewing false info about blm they would emphatically deny it. 

Its common practice to register domains private, maybe not for high exposure corporations, as shown below, but for small organizations it can be.  They either dont want their identity known or they dont want people going after them.  Based on everything I see I would think its safe to conclude https://blmmanifesto.com is fake.  The only real reason its hosted in Hong Kong is because its near impossible to have it taken down by the US judicial process.  Based on that and that fact blacklivesmatter.com is older and hosted on US servers I would say https://blmmanifesto.com is fake. 

https://whois.domaintools.com/amazon.com

Registrant Hostmaster, Amazon Legal Dept.
Registrant Org Amazon Technologies, Inc.

https://whois.domaintools.com/blacklivesmatter.com

Registrant Registration Private
Registrant Org Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Country us
Registrar GoDaddy.com, LLC
IANA ID: 146
URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
email.pgif?md5=0aaf24d0b1c53eac2a417acbed2fcfa0&face=arial&size=9&color=000000&bgcolor=FFFFFF&face=Lato-Regular&size=10&color=5a5a5a&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=transparent&format[]=transparent
(p)phone.pgif?hash=7bZd1DUzFfpzJgqLazAbjNeGkkiu5c1V&face=Lato-Regular&size=10&color=5a5a5a&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=transparent&face=Lato-Regular&size=10&color=5a5a5a&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=transparent
Registrar Status clientDeleteProhibited, clientRenewProhibited, clientTransferProhibited, clientUpdateProhibited
Dates 2,624 days old
Created on 2013-07-17
Expires on 2021-07-17
Updated on 2020-07-12
Name Servers BILL.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM (has 19,966,035 domains)
DEMI.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM (has 19,966,035 domains)
Tech Contact Registration Private
Domains By Proxy, LLC
DomainsByProxy.com,
Scottsdale, Arizona, 85260, us
email.pgif?md5=664c9b11b923971fdd3bb04c84555e7a&face=arial&size=9&color=000000&bgcolor=FFFFFF&face=Lato-Regular&size=10&color=5a5a5a&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=transparent&format[]=transparent
(p)phone.pgif?hash=KnyLAxsVtgyh6mxppsfPgnl3CrPvAz8T&face=Lato-Regular&size=10&color=5a5a5a&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=transparent&face=Lato-Regular&size=10&color=5a5a5a&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=transparent (f)phone.pgif?hash=wzrnKxsJfugpxpBs2QnqTz4Eq6l4gh4N&face=Lato-Regular&size=10&color=5a5a5a&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=transparent&face=Lato-Regular&size=10&color=5a5a5a&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=transparent
IP Address 104.18.2.134 - 15 other sites hosted on this server
IP Location United States Of America - California - San Francisco - Cloudflare Inc.
ASN United States Of America AS13335 CLOUDFLARENET, US (registered Jul 14, 2010)
Domain Status Registered And Active Website
IP History 38 changes on 38 unique IP addresses over 7 years
Registrar History 1 registrar
Hosting History 6 changes on 7 unique name servers over 7 years
Website Title favicons?domain=blacklivesmatter.com  500 SSL negotiation failed:
Response Code 500
Terms 513 (Unique: 250, Linked: 131)
Images 11 (Alt tags missing: 0)
Links 68   (Internal: 43, Outbound: 19)

30 minutes ago, Mrs.DMAC said:

Personally my opinion is there has been hypocrisy on both sides.  So the statements made by Democrats and Republicans during the Garland nominations are like offsetting penalties.  Same as now they just took opposite stances.  Of course each side is going to spin it to their advantage at the given time. 

The real difference to me is Republicans have or had  control of the senate in each instance.  Thats the difference and if the Democrats did have control the outcome would have been the same but their favor.  So this call for political ethics or morals is mute.  Dont be naive to believe the Democrats would wait.

I say confirm and appoint before the election or after doesnt matter.  It would be best to do it before the election unless any conservatives believe you can trust John Roberts when it comes to recounts or any other election issues which there is sure to be.

This is what I found on the black lives matter.com page

BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. By combating and countering acts of violence, creating space for Black imagination and innovation, and centering Black joy, we are winning immediate improvements in our lives.

We are expansive. We are a collective of liberators who believe in an inclusive and spacious movement. We also believe that in order to win and bring as many people with us along the way, we must move beyond the narrow nationalism that is all too prevalent in Black communities. We must ensure we are building a movement that brings all of us to the front.

We affirm the lives of Black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, undocumented folks, folks with records, women, and all Black lives along the gender spectrum. Our network centers those who have been marginalized within Black liberation movements.

We are working for a world where Black lives are no longer systematically targeted for demise.

We affirm our humanity, our contributions to this society, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.

The call for Black lives to matter is a rallying cry for ALL Black lives striving for liberation.

I will look on the site but it appears at first glance its not up there anymore or maybe never was.

I am pretty sure the founders of BLM are also https://m4bl.org/

I dont know for sure but maybe blacklivesmatter.com is the "follow our movement" site for donations and such therefore they keep their radical ideas off of it.  usually organizations use the .org not the .com so it would make sense they use .com for everyday searchers but who knows.  Here is what I found

The Movement for Black Lives (M4BL) is a coalition of more than 50 groups representing the interests of black communities across the United States.[1] Members include the Black Lives Matter Network, the National Conference of Black Lawyers, and the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights.[2] Endorsed by groups such as Color of Change, Race Forward, Brooklyn Movement Center, PolicyLink, Million Women March Cleveland, and ONE DC,[3] the coalition receives communications and tactical support from an organization named Blackbird.[4]

Following the killing of George Floyd, M4BL released the BREATHE Act, which called for sweeping legislative changes surrounding policing; the policy bill included calls to divest from policing and reinvest funds directly in community resources and alternative emergency response models.[5][6]

40 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

If it was founded because of TM’s murder, why do they hate cops. I didn’t think GZ was a police officer 

I don't believe he was a LEO but a neighborhood watch guy. I also believe he was Hispanic and Jewish, which are 2 minority groups. 

Edit note after doing a Google search: His mom is from Peru, his dad German and he grew up Catholic. He identifies as Hispanic. 

1 hour ago, tejasrulz said:

I don't believe he was a LEO but a neighborhood watch guy. I also believe he was Hispanic and Jewish, which are 2 minority groups. 

Edit note after doing a Google search: His mom is from Peru, his dad German and he grew up Catholic. He identifies as Hispanic. 

I'm White / Native American / English / bunch of other stuff and I identify as Doc Holliday because the movie Tombstone is my favorite

• TFloss32 changed the title to All Things Politics Thread