Find results in...

All Things Politics Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well if you want to go back in history, the majority of slaves sold to the European slave traders were sold by fellow Africans. The tribes would fight each other and the victors would sell the losers.

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

No, not at all. You can take your pick or combine the following:

1. You're F'ing up something thousands of people before you worked hard to achieve. You're using the fruits of their labor to your POLITICAL advantage. You're also killing thousands of opportunities for those to come. Ratings are where the money is at. With less and declining revenues, it becomes more difficult to pay salaries. , . and so on.

2. It is never wise to alienate or insult your target market. It's the most simple of concepts but none of the sports leagues seem to get it. Apparently, they refuse to believe you care. Either way, they are totally dissing a large segment of their customer base. 

3. The real problems of the black community continue to be ignored. Not only that, if you bring it up even in confusion, you're labeled a racist.

A. 95% + of black murders are committed by other blacks.

B. A whopping 77% of all black babies are born out of wedlock with no father in the home.

In 1965, Daniel Patrick Moynahan (sp?) created a study on the correlation between black poverty and the family structure. At the time of it's writing, the out of wedlock rate was only 25%, yet was still considered a crisis. Well, here we are years later with only 23% of black kids having both parents in the home. And we still ignore this because, well, Black Lives Matter.

BLM has greatly diminished the George Floyd protest movement. Honestly, the movement should have shut itself down when it was discovered that Floyd was lit up on Fentynal and was screaming "I can't breath" when standing by himself with no one touching him.

I can't breath was just a product of his drug high, something Fentynal is known to cause.

At this point, I don't really care if they dribble or don't dribble. But you did ask.

I'll address this as honestly as I possibly can:

1. Since when is protesting racism political? Protesting racism, inequality, discrimination etc is human decency and we should all do our best to call out and possibly eradicate it when we see it.

2. While I agree from a business standpoint that you shouldn't "bite the hand that feeds you". I'll also propose that as a business do you really concern yourself with those who feel alienated due to your stance on human rights? If "all men are created equal" then isn't it incumbent on each of us to make sure that is indeed the case? And shouldn't we applaud those who use that platform to in fact bring awareness to the masses of people who otherwise may not be aware? When does ones moral compass supercede their desire maximize profits? Idk but the Bible has verse that reads "For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil" 1 Timothy 6:10

3. While I don't believe "real" problems of the black community are being ignored (racism is a real problem btw), I see nothing wrong with identifying any problem and attacking it. Will it truly make everyone (i.e. white people) feel better if while speaking out against racism someone pause and speak also on crime rates? Why? The black community (like all communities) does in fact have problems in addition to racism that need to be addressed. But it appears to me that racism is such an uncomfortable conversation that white people would prefer, when it comes to protesting racism: don't want to hear about it, don't want to see it, and will not acknowledge its existence. "The loveliest trick of the Devil is to persuade you that he does not exist."

A. SHA, that particular stat is not only wrong but disingenuous at best. Most murders are intraracial; meaning more blacks kill blacks, more whites kill whites, more hispanics kill hispanics etc. With that said black people are disproportionately killed by both civilians and police; which is why we kneel/protest.

https://news.northeastern.edu/2020/07/16/the-research-is-clear-white-people-are-not-more-likely-than-black-people-to-be-killed-by-police/

B. Again the black community, like all communities has issues that need to be addressed. Thru my research, while the percentage isn't as high (65% vs 77%),  it is an issue that definitely needs to be addressed (Pacific Islanders have the lowest figure btw at 12%). Also, just because they're out of wedlock doesn't mean that fathers aren't around. You stopped just after referencing Monyihan's study. Clever. Have you stopped long enough to consider other factors? There's been an attack on the black family structure since slavery. Sure there's no longer slavery but there continue to be ripple effects from it that continue to plague the black community. Read this. Perhaps it'll open your eyes (if you're truly concerned about this in regards to black people):

https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/commentary/ct-missing-black-fathers-obama-20170110-story.html

The Black Lives Matter movement should have shut down because George Floyd was high??? So, because he was high he deserved to die in the manner in which he died? That because he was high that justifies his murder and there should no longer be a fight for racial equality? No way in hell that makes any damn sense. I mean, cops aren't supposed to kill "guilty" people either. Copied from a Facebook post: "if your knee jerk reaction to another black person being murdered by police is to immediately look for justification, search for a criminal history, seek out different footage from a different angle that provides some excuse for the cop's actions...you need to ask yourself "why do I feel compelled to justify the actions of a stranger just because we share the same skin color or the same profession or the same political affiliation?" Do some soul searching."

8 hours ago, DBut82 said:

I'll address this as honestly as I possibly can:

1. Since when is protesting racism political? Protesting racism, inequality, discrimination etc is human decency and we should all do our best to call out and possibly eradicate it when we see it.

It's not. But protesting racism and betraying your country in the same move? Fire your marketing director now. And you brought this to a place where America went to forget about those things. You took that away while pissing on the flag.

I don't understand why that's hard to figure out. I've repeatedly said this. Protest all you want. But did it ever occur to you that disrespecting your flag, the people who have fought for that flag and the citizens who love that flag was just an asinine idea to begin with?

2. While I agree from a business standpoint that you shouldn't "bite the hand that feeds you". I'll also propose that as a business do you really concern yourself with those who feel alienated due to your stance on human rights? If "all men are created equal" then isn't it incumbent on each of us to make sure that is indeed the case? And shouldn't we applaud those who use that platform to in fact bring awareness to the masses of people who otherwise may not be aware? When does ones moral compass supercede their desire maximize profits? Idk but the Bible has verse that reads "For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil" 1 Timothy 6:10

The players are objecting to the NFL's stance on human rights? Or are they objecting to the human rights within a country that leads the world in human rights? Once again . . NOWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD would they even have a voice at all.

Do you think you could pull off that created equal thing without destroying a national pastime?

3. While I don't believe "real" problems of the black community are being ignored (racism is a real problem btw), I see nothing wrong with identifying any problem and attacking it. Will it truly make everyone (i.e. white people) feel better if while speaking out against racism someone pause and speak also on crime rates? Why? The black community (like all communities) does in fact have problems in addition to racism that need to be addressed. But it appears to me that racism is such an uncomfortable conversation that white people would prefer, when it comes to protesting racism: don't want to hear about it, don't want to see it, and will not acknowledge its existence. "The loveliest trick of the Devil is to persuade you that he does not exist."

Well, yes, I think it would make white people, Asian people and Hispanic people feel much better about the black racism movement IF their priorities were not so backassward. Police officers are 18 times more likely to be shot by a black male than a black male is going to be shot by a police officer. But you talk to me about being disingenuous at best?

Tell me how 15% of the population (black Americans) committing 53.3% of violent crime (murder) in America is being disingenuous?

This movement ignores the 95% black on black murder rate – which causes the rest of us to look at this situation in confusion. Why are you protesting something that happens so rarely (police) while killing each other appears to be A-okay? 

Do black lives matter only when taken by a person of a different color? Please make this make sense to us all.

A. SHA, that particular stat is not only wrong but disingenuous at best. Most murders are intraracial; meaning more blacks kill blacks, more whites kill whites, more hispanics kill hispanics etc. With that said black people are disproportionately killed by both civilians and police; which is why we kneel/protest.

https://news.northeastern.edu/2020/07/16/the-research-is-clear-white-people-are-not-more-likely-than-black-people-to-be-killed-by-police/

Thats a straw man link so I haven't really addressed a comparison between white deaths from police and black deaths by police.

If you're going to quote crime stats, you may as well take it from the source itself – the FBI. Their stats are available online.

As you will see, the numbers I've thrown out are indeed correct. And I delivered them because they are correct.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/tables/table-43

B. Again the black community, like all communities has issues that need to be addressed. Thru my research, while the percentage isn't as high (65% vs 77%),  it is an issue that definitely needs to be addressed (Pacific Islanders have the lowest figure btw at 12%). Also, just because they're out of wedlock doesn't mean that fathers aren't around. You stopped just after referencing Monyihan's study. Clever. Have you stopped long enough to consider other factors? There's been an attack on the black family structure since slavery. Sure there's no longer slavery but there continue to be ripple effects from it that continue to plague the black community. Read this. Perhaps it'll open your eyes (if you're truly concerned about this in regards to black people):

https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/commentary/ct-missing-black-fathers-obama-20170110-story.html

The Black Lives Matter movement should have shut down because George Floyd was high??? So, because he was high he deserved to die in the manner in which he died? That because he was high that justifies his murder and there should no longer be a fight for racial equality? No way in hell that makes any damn sense. I mean, cops aren't supposed to kill "guilty" people either. Copied from a Facebook post: "if your knee jerk reaction to another black person being murdered by police is to immediately look for justification, search for a criminal history, seek out different footage from a different angle that provides some excuse for the cop's actions...you need to ask yourself "why do I feel compelled to justify the actions of a stranger just because we share the same skin color or the same profession or the same political affiliation?" Do some soul searching."

Why don't we rephrase your question, shall we?

"We're going to make a statement a symbol of our movement, even though those words were only produced because he was high on heroin?"

Heroin causes difficulty in breathing. BLM parlayed that statement into a slogan aimed specifically at casting a negative light on the cops. When you're dishonest about something, you lose credibility. 

Its no one's fault but those who jumped the gun and issued judgement before the facts were in. Nobody wants to hear George Floyd was a drug head high on heroin when this happened.

Just like they didn't want to hear "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" never happened.

It's truth, but that truth doesn't lead to violence, destruction and chaos. This is why BLM gets so little real respect. They borderline on a domestic terrorist organization.

I grew up in a town that was 50-50 white black. My friends were both white and black. One such friend, whom I have known since 1st grade, had four kids before he got out of high school. He didn't spend time with those kids (3 by one girl, 1 by another). But he was rather proud of the fact that he had kids. About a dozen other athletes I was close to also had more than one kid before they graduated HS. 

I may stand corrected here though. Perhaps the biggest problem isn't absent fathers, but a refusal to acknowledge the problem. 

White people have their own problems. We have a drug problem. We have a crime problem. We have absentee parents problems (video game/movie babysitting), people who have kids for the wrong reasons, a falling away from the faith . . . I could go on and on. I don't deny those problems. And if whites don't fix them, the nation will suffer.

Dbut, we're all in this together. I hope we all can solve our problems and make a better way for tomorrow's Americans. But tearing our country apart isn't going to get us there.

13 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

Voter fraud is my biggest concern.  COVID has been used as an excuse to collapse the economy and now the integrity of the elections.  There are already cases where mail in ballots have been sent to deceased people still on the voter rolls.  Not to mention Ballot Harvesting.

4 sentenced for their role in voter fraud scheme that bribed people on Skid Row with money, cigarettes

https://ktla.com/news/4-sentenced-for-their-role-in-voter-fraud-scheme-that-bribed-people-on-skid-row-with-money-cigarettes/

California bill to ban 'ballot harvesting' dies in first committee

https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2020/05/19/california-bill-to-ban-ballot-harvesting-dies-in-first-committee-1284569

The bill stood virtually no chance given that it required a two-thirds vote to take effect before November, and Democrats have more than a supermajority control of both houses.

23 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Trump is weak .and you are too if you don't think Trump doesn't have anything to do with our weak Covid response.. You live in world where Trump is not responsible for the 200,000 Americans .that have died. I don't.

Do you think he should have shut down the country?  If so then how can he be blamed for the unemployment being so high when the country was shut down. I never said all his actions were perfect. I think he did a good job though under the circumstances. 

Biden has adopted the Sanders' plan to halt all deportations during the first 100 days of his presidency. In other words, he's offering a 3-month open invitation for anyone in the world to come to the United States, so they can take advantage of the massive amnesty that he also promises.

Supporting an amnesty for nearly every illegal alien in the United States is not a new position for Biden; he called for a mass amnesty during the debates, and in 2013, he supported the Gang of 8's mass amnesty bill. Highlights of his plan include speedier amnesties for "Dreamers" and agricultural workers, while adopting a bipartisan House plan that would force existing illegal Ag workers into indentured servitude before receiving their amnesty.

Amnesty is a power grab and just like in California I doubt republicans will win much of anything if Biden carries through with his promise.

if the wealth gap is key to stabilizing racial equality you can kiss that goodbye if Biden wins, just as republican voters have given up on California.

A Democratic win = Make America like California...a shithole of corruption and poverty and an increasing wealth gap.

The gap between rich and poor is especially wide in California.
While California’s economy outperforms the nation’s, its level of income inequality exceeds that of all but five states.

2 hours ago, primal defense said:

Trump is weak .and you are too if you don't think Trump doesn't have anything to do with our weak Covid response.. You live in world where Trump is not responsible for the 200,000 Americans .that have died. I don't.

Weak Wuhan response? lol

He issued a travel ban on China only a couple weeks into it.. Biden and the libs called him Xenophobic.

Nancy Pelosi went out on the town in Chinatown, telling everyone to come out and congregate.

So the commode-hugging stupid response here belongs to YOUR SIDE.

Yes, I DO live in a world where Trump is not responsible for 200,000 American dying. You must live in a world ruled by Fruit Loops. 1) CDC has revised their numbers and they're now WAY lower than 100K. 2) Trump is not more responsible for the introduction of a virus than you are. You must have a jelly brain to believe a president causes a virus. Yet, you don't credit Obama with Swine Flu?

You should probably just stop commenting in this thread. You're not doing very well here.

1 hour ago, DMAC said:

Pelosi won't rule out using impeachment as option to stop Trump Supreme Court pick

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-doesnt-rule-out-using-impeachment-as-option-to-stop-trump-supreme-court-pick

Havent they tried this before? 🤣

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

46 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Weak Wuhan response? lol

He issued a travel ban on China only a couple weeks into it.. Biden and the libs called him Xenophobic.

Nancy Pelosi went out on the town in Chinatown, telling everyone to come out and congregate.

So the commode-hugging stupid response here belongs to YOUR SIDE.

Yes, I DO live in a world where Trump is not responsible for 200,000 American dying. You must live in a world ruled by Fruit Loops. 1) CDC has revised their numbers and they're now WAY lower than 100K. 2) Trump is not more responsible for the introduction of a virus than you are. You must have a jelly brain to believe a president causes a virus. Yet, you don't credit Obama with Swine Flu?

You should probably just stop commenting in this thread. You're not doing very well here.

Fauci said at the front that you don’t need to wear mask and then he said you do and then he said you don’t........Fauci has been wrong more than he has been right and so has the CDC. So Democrats are loving that they can blame it on Trump. This is China’s fault for letting this get loose......intentionally. Democrats bitched because he shut it down too quickly and then they saw the numbers and bitched because he didn’t shut it down quickly enough while Pelosi’s dumb ass was at Chinatown saying come on down. Bottom line is Trump could cure cancer and they would say it took him to long. Nothing is ever going to be good enough. The sides are farther apart than they have ever been and we want see any working together anymore. The majority is going to win. Whoever has the vote count is going to win.....AND the republicans have the majority to appoint a new Supreme Court Judge. RBG should have retired when Obama was still in office if she wanted a liberal in there. I remember how these idiots treated Judge Kavanaugh, so yea Trump is going to appoint a new judge. Kavanaugh had been a federal judge for 14 years and been vetted numerous times and they pull a stunt like they did? Lead by none other than Kamala. These “progressives” nowadays make Bill Clinton and Obama look moderate. Everyone’s way of life is at stake now. Go vote like your life depended on it because it does 

• TFloss32 changed the title to All Things Politics Thread