Find results in...

All Things Politics Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know about everyone else, but I read this somewhere else and it exactly summarizes how I will vote: I'm voting for POLICY, not for an individual

Posted Images

20 hours ago, DBut82 said:

Quick question: what's makes people feel they have to boycott the NFL/NBA etc.?  I personally can't think of anything that would make me not watch a sport I love.  But if you're boycotting the NFL/NBA now, why?  I'll hang up and listen...

I stopped watching the NBA because of the 1998 lockout, I got tired of listening to millionaires whining about being millionaires.  The last straw for me was hearing Patrick Ewing trying to explain why he needed more money..."People complain that pro athletes make a lot of money; but what they don’t understand is that we need a lot of money because we spend a lot of money"

21 hours ago, DBut82 said:

"I have also said I believe in the sentiment of Black Lives Matter by not the organization. I can distinguish between the two."

THIS!!!!!!!

That's good that you can distinguish between the two. I myself have a difficult time believing what Trump and his friends say about BLM. 

You should have shared your knowledge that the people who were yelling 'I hope they die' were not BLM protesters.

People Yelled ‘I Hope They Die’ About Ambushed LA Deputies. They Weren’t BLM Protesters.

"I have also said I believe in the sentiment of Black Lives Matter by not the organization. I can distinguish between the two."

THIS!!!!!!!

This happened during the George Floyd riots in Minneapolis. I saw this a couple of days after it happened, but didn't know who that guy was with.

It turns out he's a white supremacist. That Auto Zone damage is not going to be credited to the white supremacist. The blame will go to Black Lives Matter. I doubt this is the first time this has happened.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000007262407/umbrella-man-minneapolis-video.html

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/28/us/umbrella-man-associated-white-supremacist-group-george-floyd/index.html

THIS!!!!!!!

White supremacists disguised as Black Lives Matter supporters triggered riots, Richmond mayor says

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-supremacists-disguised-as-black-lives-matter-supporters-triggered-riots-richmond-mayor-says

LOL It looks like I can call Trump supporters disgusting people and it will be okay. I'm just agreeing with the President.

the President said ‘maybe this COVID thing is a good thing — I don’t like shaking hands with people. I don’t have to shake hands with these disgusting people.'”

WATCH: Ex-Pence Aide Who Worked On COVID Task Force Comes Out For Biden

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

White supremacists disguised as Black Lives Matter supporters triggered riots, Richmond mayor says

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-supremacists-disguised-as-black-lives-matter-supporters-triggered-riots-richmond-mayor-says

I’m sure BLM has been credited with violence and destruction that they didn’t do.  Do you believe that the BLM is completely innocent of any and all wrongdoings?

11 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

I’m sure BLM has been credited with violence and destruction that they didn’t do.  Do you believe that the BLM is completely innocent of any and all wrongdoings?

Well, no, because we have video. The Dallas sniper was a member of BLM. He shot 5 cops.

"Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon" was a BLM chant, caught on video.

We have arrests and now convictions of BLM members who set cities afire, killed business owners trying to protect their stuff.

BLM's website, which BLM created, and BLM authored, is chalk full of racism, anti-semitism (what the hell did the Jews do?), and is marxist from beginning to end.

And how many statues did they take down, all caught on video? Video is EVERYWHERE these days. In many cases, other BLM members are capturing the video and posting it later to brag. 

So Trump EX-O's stiffer penalties for beating up statues (which don't fight back). So what do they do? They start fights now with old people.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/elliebufkin/2020/09/18/man-attacks-group-of-trump-supporters-punches-elderly-woman-in-the-face-n2576452

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Well, no, because we have video. The Dallas sniper was a member of BLM. He shot 5 cops.

"Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon" was a BLM chant, caught on video.

We have arrests and now convictions of BLM members who set cities afire, killed business owners trying to protect their stuff.

BLM's website, which BLM created, and BLM authored, is chalk full of racism, anti-semitism (what the hell did the Jews do?), and is marxist from beginning to end.

And how many statues did they take down, all caught on video? Video is EVERYWHERE these days. In many cases, other BLM members are capturing the video and posting it later to brag. 

So Trump EX-O's stiffer penalties for beating up statues (which don't fight back). So what do they do? They start fights now with old people.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/elliebufkin/2020/09/18/man-attacks-group-of-trump-supporters-punches-elderly-woman-in-the-face-n2576452

I did a google search about BLM violence and every link was about how times BLM was falsely accused of violence. After about 5 or 6 links I just gave up. I wish there was a search engine that was unbiased and would show us the good and the bad. 
I’ve also searched for their original agenda and it keeps taking me down different sites I don’t want to look at. I will admit to not being real good at deep searches into topics though. 

2 hours ago, drgilbert said:

I would to see who they are talking about.  View their history to see how legitimate this allegation is.  Because all I see is words like "we believe", "seen with", "thinks".  Is this actually evidence or wishful thinking?  It makes for good shock value if anything else.  If you got something of hard evidence release it other wise its all insinuation and fluff.  Of course at the end of the article they also name Antifa but it eludes the headline.  🤣🤣

Police announced on Monday that they believe undercover white supremacists led a group of rioters

"We have identified some individuals who have been seen with the Boogaloo boys and some antifa groups around the area,"  Smith said. "The majority of those individuals who were there last night were Caucasian."

Richmond Police Chief Gerald Smith said he thinks the instigators were linked to the Boogaloo boys, a right-wing anarchist group that has ties to white supremacy. He also said that left-wing antifa protesters were involved in the violence.

1 hour ago, drgilbert said:

I did a google search about BLM violence and every link was about how times BLM was falsely accused of violence. After about 5 or 6 links I just gave up. I wish there was a search engine that was unbiased and would show us the good and the bad. 
I’ve also searched for their original agenda and it keeps taking me down different sites I don’t want to look at. I will admit to not being real good at deep searches into topics though. 

I used to do SEO/SEM to rank in Google.  Their algo has changed over the past decade.  All I would say is I dont trust their search results as much as I used to.  They can suppress or promote listing unfairly now.  It used to be violators were removed from the SERPs now they suppress/promote rankings based on their internal trust factor.  Which is?  Subjective to THEIR beliefs of which is mostly liberal.

WASHINGTON—Days after the Trump administration instituted a controversial travel ban in January 2017, Google employees discussed ways they might be able to tweak the company’s search-related functions to show users how to contribute to pro-immigration organizations and contact lawmakers and government agencies, according to internal company emails.

The email traffic, reviewed by The Wall Street Journal, shows that employees proposed ways to “leverage” search functions and take steps to counter what they considered to be “islamophobic, algorithmically biased results from search terms ‘Islam’, ‘Muslim’, ‘Iran’, etc.” and “prejudiced, algorithmically biased search results from search terms ‘Mexico’, ‘Hispanic’, ‘Latino’, etc.”

Google is pretty much a monopoly.  The problem is they know it.  What other options are there?  Yahoo is utter trash.  Bing is mediocre and their SERP relevancy isnt as good. Google has the vast majority of searches.  DuckDuckGo is probably the least manipulated but their search engine is terrible.

23 hours ago, DMAC said:

Yea I dont really understand this either.  We are all Americans one anthem please.

Idk who suggested that two anthems are played. Houston Texan stayed in the locker room for both. Then stood locked arms with the Kansas City Chiefs for a moment of silence as a show of solidarity and the KC crowd booed...so is this disdain really about the disrespect of the flag/anthem? My answer is no.

Regarding the anthem, I do agree that America should have one, but not the "Star Spangled Banner". "God Bless America" gets my vote...

5 hours ago, primal defense said:
That's good that you can distinguish between the two. I myself have a difficult time believing what Trump and his friends say about BLM. 

You should have shared your knowledge that the people who were yelling 'I hope they die' were not BLM protesters.

People Yelled ‘I Hope They Die’ About Ambushed LA Deputies. They Weren’t BLM Protesters.

I don't believe anything Trump says tbh. And BLM (both the organization and the movement) undoubtedly get "credit" for acts that neither are responsible.

6 minutes ago, Baron said:

You hate to say anything negative at a time like this but hopefully this allows Trump to nominate another justice.

True true but I hope they do.  I know Democrats will complain though.  It was republicans that said let the new election determine the next scotus over the Obama Garland nomination.  Truth be told if Democrats had held a majority during the Garland nomination they would have pushed it.  Everyone knows that.  I say we push a new Scotus before the election we have the majority to get it passed but alas lets see what the pubs do.

On 9/17/2020 at 4:22 PM, Sirhornsalot said:
   32 minutes ago,  DBut82 said: 

Quick question: what's makes people feel they have to boycott the NFL/NBA etc.?  I personally can't think of anything that would make me not watch a sport I love.  But if you're boycotting the NFL/NBA now, why?  I'll hang up and listen...

Because we regularly see them on police blotters, most often for rape or sexual assault or domestic violence. And then they suddenly want to lecture their consumer base. If you don't see the ill-fated irony there, there's more....

It is BRAIN-DEAD marketing strategy to alienate your consumer base in the first place. But this is an ongoing operation. While they may feel proud and justified about calling America all these names and being critical of every little thing – the fact remains, nowhere else in this world can they have the opportunity to earn millions and millions of dollars playing a silly game. A race that makes up 15% of America's population is represented to the tune of 70% in the NFL. Where in God's name is the oppression?

Meanwhile, teachers, police, firemen, etc., have much more challenging jobs that do the public a service – and they're paid nothing by comparison to the NFL. 

They cry about division, but insist on having two different anthems played at games now.

They began this charade, and continue it, by kneeling (disrespecting) a flag that provides a blanket of freedom for them. It is highly, highly insulting, particularly for those who have loved ones who gave their lives for that flag.

So in my opinion, it is highly irresponsible for today's players to literally flush the league down the toilet after so many trailblazers before them had worked so hard for the pedestal these clowns sit on. They are literally destroying a profession so it won't be there for the future would-be players of the NFL. It will be greatly diminished and that's a tragedy.

You're watching the death of the NFL in slow motion. 

If anyone in this country needed four years of college, it was Lebron James. Thanks to him and others like him, slave labor is alive and well in China, making the communist wallets fat thanks to the sweat shop labor. But he will lecture us all about how we're all racists and live in a racist country.

If anything, I would vote over and over again for the NBA to move to China. I was once a huge fan. Today, F no.

Sounds like "shut up and dribble"...or am I missing something?

• TFloss32 changed the title to All Things Politics Thread