Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Things Politics Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know about everyone else, but I read this somewhere else and it exactly summarizes how I will vote: I'm voting for POLICY, not for an individual

1973. Biden enters politics 1974. 1975. 1976. 1977. 1978. 1979. 1980. Wait for it. 1981. 1982. 1983. 1984. 1985. 1986. 1987. 1988. 1989.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, hornsups said:

Oh you got me. I put you’re instead of your once. But obviously I know how & when to use it since I used “your words” two sentences later. Come on slugger. If you’re (wow didn’t even have to look that up) trying to be the grammar police... at least look to see if the person misused the words throughout. Weak, so weak. But I’ve come to expect it from a lot of the people on this board. You do realize trying to insult my intelligence, insults the university you claim to love. I guess the professors at UT didn’t do a good job checking my knowledge on the us of you’re vs your. With all of the writing I had to do at UT, to think I some how pulled that off without knowledge on the your vs you’re thing. I mean I even had pull of that off in Italian as well. Damn I got lucky. Or maybe I was typing quickly and didn’t proof read response because it’s a f##king UT sports board. This guy.  

 

TheRock_Okay.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, utparothed said:

Really wasn't trying to insult your intelligence, you do that well enough on your own.

TheRock_Okay.gif

Haha ok, whatever you say skippy. I can remember person, woman, man, camera, TV.  So I’m obviously smart enough to be president or be believed by the Trump supporters of the world. So there’s that. But it will be ok for you as well. Maybe you will read the full post next time before trying to be the grammar police. My intelligence has been rewarded with a degree from The University of Texas. Your comments cannot take that away. Good day.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mrs.DMAC said:

Mrs. DMAC here, you fine folks let me know if my husband causes any trouble and I'll make him sleep on the sofa.🤣

I was born and bred in Alabama, went to school there, but have become a true Longhorn fan over the past 19 years. Hook 'em and Roll Tide!

 

Well he's not the problem. A little tip for you, I wouldn't trust anyone else on this board if I were you, including me. You're welcome.  😏

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, drgilbert said:

This crap in school is freakin ridiculous. I would take my kid out of this class. 
 

 

So, you would take your hypothetical child out of that class and maybe to another school. Yeah sure.
 
You would disrupt your child's life and in the mean time you are enjoying Texas football when they are running BLM commercials all game long. I'm afraid your child would see you as a hypocrite for having different standards for her or him and none for you. It sounds like your child will need plenty of future therapy.
 
I figured that the posters on this thread would be ready to boycott UT sports after the game on Saturday. They might as well have said that Black lives matter was the official sponsor of the game.  The posters on this thread have called BLM a violent, terrorist, Marxist organization and UT is on board with them.
 
I saw some posters are going to email Chris Del Conte an email about UT's promotion of BLM. That's a good start, however if Del Conte does not listen to reason then the next step is to boycott UT football if BLM is so dangerous.
 If the 2001 Texas football team had come out in favor of 9/11 terrorist then I would have had no choice to boycott since that's more important than UT football and that team had Major Applewhite and Chris Simms.
 
I figure that one poster on this thread would be so angry that Horn Sports would have to look for another sponsor since Horn Sports indirectly supports UT sports.
 
More proof UT is backing BLM
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hornsups said:

Haha ok, whatever you say skippy. I can remember person, woman, man, camera, TV.  So I’m obviously smart enough to be president or be believed by the Trump supporters of the world. So there’s that. But it will be ok for you as well. Maybe you will read the full post next time before trying to be the grammar police. My intelligence has been rewarded with a degree from The University of Texas. Your comments cannot take that away. Good day.  

Do you typically get this worked up over a couple of smartass comments?  You may want to try decaf...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tejasrulz said:

Well he's not the problem. A little tip for you, I wouldn't trust anyone else on this board if I were you, including me. You're welcome.  😏

Well I can guarantee one thing is for sure.  I will never fight with @Mrs.DMAC because that will affect my life here. :)

All kidding aside I told her she was stepping into a warzone but she is one tough lady, she can handle it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, primal defense said:
So, you would take your hypothetical child out of that class and maybe to another school. Yeah sure.
 
You would disrupt your child's life and in the mean time you are enjoying Texas football when they are running BLM commercials all game long. I'm afraid your child would see you as a hypocrite for having different standards for her or him and none for you. It sounds like your child will need plenty of future therapy.
 
I figured that the posters on this thread would be ready to boycott UT sports after the game on Saturday. They might as well have said that Black lives matter was the official sponsor of the game.  The posters on this thread have called BLM a violent, terrorist, Marxist organization and UT is on board with them.
 
I saw some posters are going to email Chris Del Conte an email about UT's promotion of BLM. That's a good start, however if Del Conte does not listen to reason then the next step is to boycott UT football if BLM is so dangerous.
 If the 2001 Texas football team had come out in favor of 9/11 terrorist then I would have had no choice to boycott since that's more important than UT football and that team had Major Applewhite and Chris Simms.
 
I figure that one poster on this thread would be so angry that Horn Sports would have to look for another sponsor since Horn Sports indirectly supports UT sports.
 
More proof UT is backing BLM
 

Somewhat sadly, as a huge football fan, I've figured out I don't have to watch and follow the activist NFL. I don't need the aggravation and enjoyed last Sunday without the NFL. If UT and the NCAA pursue the SJW and activism route much longer, I will have the entire weekend free. I don't blame the kids, as they have been brainwashed for any number of years, but I do blame the organizations that don't have the sense or backbone to stand up to this stuff. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, longhorndon said:

Somewhat sadly, as a huge football fan, I've figured out I don't have to watch and follow the activist NFL. I don't need the aggravation and enjoyed last Sunday without the NFL. If UT and the NCAA pursue the SJW and activism route much longer, I will have the entire weekend free. I don't blame the kids, as they have been brainwashed for any number of years, but I do blame the organizations that don't have the sense or backbone to stand up to this stuff. 

 

Sundays are for golf

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Well he's not the problem. A little tip for you, I wouldn't trust anyone else on this board if I were you, including me. You're welcome.  😏

Im lost of how to quote and reply lol

Well I can guarantee one thing is for sure.  I will never fight with @Mrs.DMAC because that will affect my life here. :)

All kidding aside I told her she was stepping into a warzone but she is one tough lady, she can handle it.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mrs.DMAC said:

Mrs. DMAC here, you fine folks let me know if my husband causes any trouble and I'll make him sleep on the sofa.🤣

I was born and bred in Alabama, went to school there, but have become a true Longhorn fan over the past 19 years. Hook 'em and Roll Tide!

 

Hello @Mrs.DMAC!!!  Welcome!  All I can say is...well, I'm actually speechless!!!  LOL!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DBut82 said:

Quick question: what's makes people feel they have to boycott the NFL/NBA etc.?  I personally can't think of anything that would make me not watch a sport I love.  But if you're boycotting the NFL/NBA now, why?  I'll hang up and listen...

I stopped watching both years ago, but their pro-BLM stances have cemented my decision for me.

Haven't missed either, to be honest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, primal defense said:
So, you would take your hypothetical child out of that class and maybe to another school. Yeah sure.
 
You would disrupt your child's life and in the mean time you are enjoying Texas football when they are running BLM commercials all game long. I'm afraid your child would see you as a hypocrite for having different standards for her or him and none for you. It sounds like your child will need plenty of future therapy.
 
I figured that the posters on this thread would be ready to boycott UT sports after the game on Saturday. They might as well have said that Black lives matter was the official sponsor of the game.  The posters on this thread have called BLM a violent, terrorist, Marxist organization and UT is on board with them.
 
I saw some posters are going to email Chris Del Conte an email about UT's promotion of BLM. That's a good start, however if Del Conte does not listen to reason then the next step is to boycott UT football if BLM is so dangerous.
 If the 2001 Texas football team had come out in favor of 9/11 terrorist then I would have had no choice to boycott since that's more important than UT football and that team had Major Applewhite and Chris Simms.
 
I figure that one poster on this thread would be so angry that Horn Sports would have to look for another sponsor since Horn Sports indirectly supports UT sports.
 
More proof UT is backing BLM
 

Yes I would take my child out of that class. I have said before that the BLM organization is a horrible organization that is run by terrible people. I think they are racist and anti-American. They don’t believe in the nuclear family and that tells me all I need to know about them. I would take my kid out of a class that glamorized the kkk and White supremacy as well. I don’t like that the LHN kept throwing that crappy organization in my face, but it is run by ESPN so I expect it. I have also said I believe in the sentiment of Black Lives Matter by not the organization. I can distinguish between the two. Can you, or do you believe we can’t have one without the other?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, J.B. TexasEx said:

NFL - got bored with it

NBA - ditto, plus nobody played defense until the playoffs

I like NCAA sports a lot more. Fatherhood lessened pro sports appeal and importance, too. Priorities

I can dig it.  You said a mouthful regarding fatherhood.  I actually quit playing fantasy football because of fatherhood lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DMAC said:

I stopped watching the NFL years ago.  Last time I watched was the Cowboys back when Jimmy Johnson, Aikman, Irvin and Smith.  That was way before BLM.  Texas sports only for me.

Right on...while I'm a bigger college football fan than NFL, I definitely watch the Cowboys.  Don't really follow any other NFL teams but will watch players I like.  I'm more of an NBA fan than college basketball tho...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TFloss32 changed the title to All Things Politics Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Week
    Opponent
    W/L
    9/12
    UTEP
    W 59-3
    9/26
    @Texas Tech
    W 63-56 OT
    10/3
    TCU
    L 31-33
    10/10
    Oklahoma
    L 45-53 (4OT)
    10/24
    Baylor
    W 27-16
    10/31
    @Oklahoma State
    11/7
    West Virginia
    11/21
    @Kansas
    11/28
    Iowa State
    12/5
    @Kansas State

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

Home
Forums
News
Store

Quick Links

Football
Men's Basketball
Baseball
More Sports

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...