Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly-Cowboys v Falcons

Great Googly Moogly. What a wild game.

The most improbable win of the year but just the kind of confidence builder Da Boys need. Let's break down what went right and what went very wrong.

The Good

NFL Record setting day for Dak. 1st time an NFL QB scored 3 rushing TDs and threw for more than 300 yards. Dak would throw for 450 and add a passing TD 109.4 Passer rating.
2 100 yard or more WRs and Dalton Shulz with an 88 yard 1 TD game, his 1st in the NFL
Zeke went BEAST MODE, Watching him truck that DB and carry Falcons for extra yards was awesome
Not often you spot an NFL team the entire 1st quarter and 20 points and eek out a win. Oh yeah, and not only both your pro bowl level OTs but their #1 back up as well. Yes, there was some luck involved, always is.
Big time kudos for a team that never quit
Any question dirt burgler CeeDee Lamb was the steal of the NFL draft? 2nd rounder Diggs up against another Bama alum, he's still the best DB Dallas has.
Playcalling after the 1st quarter. Oh yeah, passing on 1st down works, lots of pass rush, quick outs and screen plays. We LOVED the tempo offense.

The Bad

Execution. So many bone headed plays, 3 1st quarter fumbles (all of them sloppy failure to tuck the ball) lead to 20 HotLanta points. Dug a hole that frankly Dallas was lucky to get out of.
Failure to execute wasted a PERFECT 1st fake punt call that was wide open.
Defensive line play. ZERO pressure on Matt Ryan till the 4th quarter, that can't continue. Mike Nolan's scheme is POOR
1st quarter play calling. WTF was Moore/MM thinking?????
2 dropped INTs, one on Worley one on Riggs, gotta make those plays going forward.

The Ugly

3 1st quarter fumbles lead to 20 unanswered Falcon points.
Defensive line play, sorry it was so bad we're listing it twice.
Giving up 39 generally gets you beat in the NFL.
2nd fake punt. WTF was Dallas thinking. Falcons had stacked the line and were not fooled. This one on the coaches.
Falcon players watching the ball as it skids along to the 10 yard stripe. . . ..

On Deck

Trip to Seattle. Perhaps the toughest stadium in the NFL. Start slow up there and there will be no glorious comeback

I didn't watch, but if anything, that win says "UNSTABLE" more than anything to me. Yeah, they played a good part of the second half. But they also stunk up the place before that.

Given what they achieved to get the win, I'm not sure that can be duplicated again. Or at least not much.

Where they go from here will depend on which team shows up. But they won't be able to give up leads like that and expect to win.

• Administrators

Full disclosure - I'm a lifelong Dallas fan. Watched the first quarter and was disgusted with the game (didn't help that I had Brad Sham on in the background) so I turned it off.  Turned it back on late in the 3rd Quarter and Atlanta had just scored a TD.  Turned it off and took a nap.

... Woke up from my nap to a dozen missed text messages and calls.

I wish I hadn't taken a damn nap.

On 9/23/2020 at 9:21 AM, Aaron Carrara said:

Full disclosure - I'm a lifelong Dallas fan. Watched the first quarter and was disgusted with the game (didn't help that I had Brad Sham on in the background) so I turned it off.  Turned it back on late in the 3rd Quarter and Atlanta had just scored a TD.  Turned it off and took a nap.

... Woke up from my nap to a dozen missed text messages and calls.

I wish I hadn't taken a damn nap.

I hear you, we DVR the games and despite adding an extra 30 minutes, we missed the onside kick/FG.

As I mentioned above, it was a brutal 1st quarter but damn if Da Boys O didn't sizzle once they went up tempo.    And Zeke in the passing game?   NICE.