*****UTEP at #14 TEXAS GAME THREAD*****

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gold star, amen, preach it.  All this talk about “doing the right thing....” according to who?      this is politics, this is politics, this is politics.... and it’s politics that I don’t agree

I would recommend we all send emails to our athletic director or school president protesting LHN promotion of BLM.If someone already has it what are their email addresses?

I turned on LHN 30 minutes before Game Day started.  I saw the segment of Tom Herman talking about giving the day off of practice and had a team meeting because of the Blake incident.  They made it ve

Here’s a football thought or two:

Sam looked outstanding.  This is the best news Longhorn nation could have.  He regressed sophomore > junior.   He looked in control, accurate and decision making was outstanding for game 1.  

Card is a man, but don’t pencil him in yet for 21..... Thompson looked really good as well!  His biggest problem was receiver drops.  

I watched Texas Football Overdrive which has Craig Way doing the play by play (wish the radio and TV would sync during the games) and it was a lot better than what we heard Saturday night. He also doesn't get political so that's a major bonus.

I also noticed BJ Foster in the lineup in the 1st and 2nd quarter but from what I saw, he was very timid and didn't make any plays. Maybe that's why he is listed behind Chris Brown who wasn't afraid to make plays.

5 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

I watched Texas Football Overdrive which has Craig Way doing the play by play (wish the radio and TV would sync during the games) and it was a lot better than what we heard Saturday night. He also doesn't get political so that's a major bonus.

I also noticed BJ Foster in the lineup in the 1st and 2nd quarter but from what I saw, he was very timid and didn't make any plays. Maybe that's why he is listed behind Chris Brown who wasn't afraid to make plays.

I thought Andre Ware was good.  I’ll stop there because I’m trying to be more positive. 

16 hours ago, Baron said:

I saw them too, but if I remember correctly Texas didn't offer and he wanted one. Hell hath no wrath as a woman scorned.

Texas recruited:  Ware and RG III as DBs. And we either didn’t offer Johnny football a scholarship or wanted him as a slot receiver.  The later 2 really wanted to come to Texas as they were life long fans.  Ware wanted a QB offer as you say.  

thats 3 Heisman winning QBs from Texas that we didn’t offer as QBs.  

4 hours ago, 83Dee said:

Texas recruited:  Ware and RG III as DBs. And we either didn’t offer Johnny football a scholarship or wanted him as a slot receiver.  The later 2 really wanted to come to Texas as they were life long fans.  Ware wanted a QB offer as you say.  

thats 3 Heisman winning QBs we didn’t offer as QBs.  

Ouch, that has to sting.

Ware and RG III would have looked good in Burnt Orange. Word I heard was Johnny wasn't offered. Heisman or not, I'm glad he didn't play at Texas.

4 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Ouch, that has to sting.

Ware and RG III would have looked good in Burnt Orange. Word I heard was Johnny wasn't offered. Heisman or not, I'm glad he didn't play at Texas.

I agree with you.  Aggie kind of bent their “Aggie code of conduct” or whatever they call it - for Johnny.  

that being said, I think sometimes when players flop in the NFL - it taints our memories of their effectiveness in college.  I haven’t seen many better college football players than J Football.