Find results in...

*****UTEP at #14 TEXAS GAME THREAD*****

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gold star, amen, preach it.  All this talk about “doing the right thing....” according to who?      this is politics, this is politics, this is politics.... and it’s politics that I don’t agree

I would recommend we all send emails to our athletic director or school president protesting LHN promotion of BLM.If someone already has it what are their email addresses?

I turned on LHN 30 minutes before Game Day started.  I saw the segment of Tom Herman talking about giving the day off of practice and had a team meeting because of the Blake incident.  They made it ve

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Welp, that was ugly. Players walking off while everyone else stands for the Eyes. 

As the announcer suggested, it was started much more quickly after the end of the game than usual.  Probably by design.

I wouldn’t give too much stock into how/when/who stayed for The Eyes. 
Personally, I’d let it go. The school didn’t stop playing the song, so what if some of the players opted to head to the locker room. 
That said, I don’t believe you’ll see that in Baseball. 

14 hours ago, joeywa said:

I wouldn’t give too much stock into how/when/who stayed for The Eyes. 
Personally, I’d let it go. The school didn’t stop playing the song, so what if some of the players opted to head to the locker room. 
That said, I don’t believe you’ll see that in Baseball. 

Well, it is a first. When people break tradition, others can't help but notice.

It looked to me like a majority of the team walked.

I'm glad the song is still played, and people in the stands still stayed and sang while lifting the Hook'em.

The early playing of the song was done, I'm sure, to avoid the crowd seeing what we saw. It just didn't work obviously.

I agree with you, I bet we don't see this with the baseball team.

1 hour ago, dillohorn said:

Didn't watch. College football committing suicide just like pro sports?

They're certainly trying to.

I'm not really bothered by the locked arms and such that our team did. Good for them. They made their point without rubbing things in our faces.

But the announcers during the games Saturday are what I did not appreciate. I don't need a lecture, especially one that is ongoing and spans several commercial breaks. I literally had to change the channel at 3:30 p.m. and watch another game until ours started. 

57 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

They're certainly trying to.

I'm not really bothered by the locked arms and such that our team did. Good for them. They made their point without rubbing things in our faces.

But the announcers during the games Saturday are what I did not appreciate. I don't need a lecture, especially one that is ongoing and spans several commercial breaks. I literally had to change the channel at 3:30 p.m. and watch another game until ours started. 

Gold star, amen, preach it.  All this talk about “doing the right thing....” according to who?   

this is politics, this is politics, this is politics.... and it’s politics that I don’t agree with.   I do not turn on the Longhorn Network pregame show to be lectured in left wing Marxist politics.  I could turn on CNN or MSNBC 24/7 if that’s what I wanted.  

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

BJ Foster is at the team’s 12 pm lifting group according to Chip.

I wonder what this is about.  Last couple years I would rank BJ amongst the best defensive performers on the team.  And now he cant get on the field healthy?

my guess.... he excelled at blitzing and Orlando seemed to value pass rush by his DBs.  Ash probably wants his DBs to do different things which aren’t up his alley????

Disappointing though.... I like the way Foster plays.  Great effort and physicality.  

I turned on LHN 30 minutes before Game Day started.  I saw the segment of Tom Herman talking about giving the day off of practice and had a team meeting because of the Blake incident.  They made it very emotional of course with players/coaches hugging and tearing up over the fact that Blake was shot 7 times in the back.  "He was shot 7 times in the back" was repeated over and over.

They never addressed any facts about what happened.  Blake is not someone to feel sorry for and yes he deserved to be shot. 

1. Warrant for felony rape
  2. Violated a restraining order
  3. Breaking and entering
  4. Sexual assault a second time.  Even told is GF after using his finger "you smell like you have been with other men" the victim alleges
  5. Theft of her car keys and debit card
  6. Assaulted the police
  7. Resisted arrest
  8. He was tased TWICE and still went to his car
  9. The cops and were yelling at him to stop and he still opened his door and reached under his seat.
  10. He was shot 7 times in the back while reaching under his seat where allegedly a knife was found.

Somehow this is race related?  He was shot because he was black?  Doubt it.  If he was white, Asian, Hispanic, Indian or any other race the police would have still shot him.  That's not racism its common sense.

Its ridiculous that somehow the facts are ignored and therefore these presumptions are allowed to continue.  I felt like I was watching the NFL and I truly hope LHN doesnt make this a BLM lecture every week.  It appears we finally have some good coaches and a great offense/defense.  I want to enjoy the games this year.

Amen!  FACTS matter. 
Supposedly these players are at a University of the first class and as students be taught how to analyze a situation and develop critical thinking skills to reveal truth. So far, I give UT and the LHN failing grades on this effort.  

If it keeps up, I can good bye to UT football the same as I did to the NBA, NFL and MLB.  None of them have the moral authority to be preaching to me. 

36 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

I wonder if the incident in California - with BLM protesters trying to storm the ER and subsequently blocking the entrance - where 2 police offers were being treated after being  shot in the head and face..... if that might give the LHN pause before promoting BLM throughout the entire pregame show in the future? 

Dont hold your breath