Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

Beeing a rainy day had time to make a depth chart. Based on numbers my take on Horns needs for next year.

QB Manning or none unless there is a transfer.

RB Wisner and Owens would be fine if not Owens best you can get.

TE. Randle if neededto get Manning if not Shannon or none.

WR Nibblett will fill out numbers very well atrition can change this.

OL best three they can get

6 + atrition

DT one

Edge have one commited enough position very crowded

LB have one need four more.

CB need three more if yoy lose the two suspended ones.

Safty have one need two more. 

Special teams lookto be ok

12+ 6 = 18  15 Srs. so atrition is needed.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

12+ 6 = 18  15 Srs. so atrition is needed.

For a variety of reasons there is always attrition. The other thing to consider is that Sark takes whoever he thinks will help the team, and runs off anyone who he sees as not contributing enough. 

I don't know how many they will take, but my guess is at least 25 ( some will be transfers)

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Horns are five over 85 limit now. 15 Srs. need 10 more to leave to take 25. A lot of atrition.

In 2022 we took more guys then normal attrition would dictate which will cause some involuntary attrition,  no reason to believe that won't happen again in 2023.

This is probably a good strategy for improving the roster,  but seems brutal.

• Administrators

IT wrote yesterday that DE Ashton Porter of Cypress Ranch should be considered a lean to go out-of-state.

The Miami offer he received in March was big for him, and he's scheduled a Northwestern visit for May.

His current plan is to wait until the Under Armour game to announce.

https://247sports.com/player/ashton-porter-46110030/

7 hours ago, dssl said:

In 2022 we took more guys then normal attrition would dictate which will cause some involuntary attrition,  no reason to believe that won't happen again in 2023.

This is probably a good strategy for improving the roster,  but seems brutal.

I'm sure the top teams like 'Bama and Georgia don't keep lolligaggers hanging around.

This is now a bidness. Players are now getting paid. They can leave whenever they want. I think we need to show some the door.

31 minutes ago, hookemhorb said:

I'm sure the top teams like 'Bama and Georgia don't keep lolligaggers hanging around.

This is now a bidness. Players are now getting paid. They can leave whenever they want. I think we need to show some the door.

No argument. It's a very competitive high dollar sport, you either do everything you can to succeed or you become road kill. 

Although I understand and accept this reality, I hate that an athlete who works his *ss off and bleeds burnt orange is shown the door when he isn't quite good enough. 

• Administrators

Interesting tweet from Langi concerning DE/LB Tausili Akana from Lehi, UT.

His sister is a volleyball player for Nebraska who has entered the portal, and she's now following a lot of Texas players.

Akana and his father were in Lincoln this past weekend.

https://247sports.com/player/tausili-akana-46086671/

43 minutes ago, dssl said:

No argument. It's a very competitive high dollar sport, you either do everything you can to succeed or you become road kill. 

Although I understand and accept this reality, I hate that an athlete who works his *ss off and bleeds burnt orange is shown the door when he isn't quite good enough. 

In most cases, its been players who weren't working their ass off who weren't quite good enough.

1 hour ago, dssl said:

I'm really interested in knowing how those conversations go down. I hope Sark and/or the University don't just say thank you, bye. My guess would be more like "you're probably not going to play very much, you have options to go elsewhere if you choose". That way the player can choose to go elsewhere and try to get some playing time or just be a good soldier, go to practice and get an excellent education and all the benefits that come with it. 

10 minutes ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

I'm really interested in knowing how those conversations go down. I hope Sark and/or the University don't just say thank you, bye. My guess would be more like "you're probably not going to play very much, you have options to go elsewhere if you choose". That way the player can choose to go elsewhere and try to get some playing time or just be a good soldier, go to practice and get an excellent education and all the benefits that come with it. 

I'm thinking part of it involves pointing out that they are more likely to realize there dream of playing professionally if they transfer to a school that allows them to get significant playing time. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Interesting tweet from Langi concerning DE/LB Tausili Akana from Lehi, UT.

His sister is a volleyball player for Nebraska who has entered the portal, and she's now following a lot of Texas players.

Akana and his father were in Lincoln this past weekend.

https://247sports.com/player/tausili-akana-46086671/

Akana told IT he should be visiting Texas soon and is setting that up with his father.

43 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't know. Haven't given it much thought honestly.

But players like Tyler Johnson outright coasted their way through.

Amen on Johnson, and at 6-2  340 someone isproably over weight to move fast as posible.

20 hours ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

I'm sure it goes down something like that but the HC has to bring up the loss of the scholarship. Maybe they could be a preferred walk-on and have a chance to earn the schollie back but it's gone for now.

5 hours ago, UTfish said:

Well, they won the national championship in 1925.

Not so fast my friend. the aggies have a championship banner for that year by way of 'Bama. 'Bama was voted the top team in the country in 1925, so naturally, the aggies won it too since they are both in the SEC and they beat 'Bama this year.