Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I spoke to my friend this afternoon . . . I asked him how the team was doing compared to last year . . He said night and day difference. I skeptically told him I'd heard that almost every year (except last year). He says "it is what it is, it certainly won't tell you a conference title is coming on the horizon, but it does suggest our team has a firm grasp on what its doing and the execution that follows. Without talking about vibes and weak sauce like that, we're simply playing better football.

I asked about recruiting, he told me not to sleep on Jalen Hale, which I was very glad to hear. Things between Hale and OU/aggy are not what they have been in the past. Hale is showing lots of interest in Texas now and we're reciprocating. Hale doesn't like OU's new system. And apparently the King kid isn't expected to win the starting job at aggy. Both Hale and King are from Longview.

I told him I had heard about 2-4 commits that were holding off on announcing. He said he knew of three but aggy was seemingly chasing recruits that we're working on. He said he isn't sure if its intentional or just coincidence, but it seems to be happening with the players we make the most inroads with. He said aggy just does what they want $$$-wise.

F aggy

2 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

It's almost like we, or no one else for that matter, will not get any player that aggy decides they want to pay for. Unless we decide to get serious and play the same game. 

That's why Saban is pissed. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, bctex1106 said:

#AllHypeNoCommits. 

Nobody should want Sark filling this class before Manning makes a decision.

As a reminder, the #5 ranked '22 class had five commitments at this point last year.

June and July is when commitments really started, and the big fish weren't in the boat until December.

2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Nobody should want Sark filling this class before Manning makes a decision.

As a reminder, the #5 ranked '22 class had five commitments at this point last year.

June and July is when commitments really started, and the big fish weren't in the boat until December.

June and July will be a excellent month to see where everything is.

• Administrators

Just a heads up that the spring evaluation period has begun and will run through the end of May, so coaches will be hitting the road to check out a lot of guys at their high schools.