Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread


TFloss32
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

 

Don't be obtuse. Manning comes from a family that is worth a billion dollars. He is not the typical recruit... Plus did he commit already?  I must have missed it..

 

 

Oh maybe you are talking about Ewers.... 

 

Also Texas went 5-7 and sucked for 12 years.  We are closer to Vanderbilt then some want to believe... But like many I am hoping for the best from 7 win Sark.

In what world are we closer to Vanderbilt then some want to believe?

They are 5-28 in the last 3 years and 1-24 in conference play in that time. How much have you had to drink today?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

In what world are we closer to Vanderbilt then some want to believe?

They are 5-28 in the last 3 years and 1-24 in conference play in that time. How much have you had to drink today?

 

Not that I'm in full agreement with Mike that we're on the same level as Vandy...but I'd place a large bet that the 'Dores would kick our ass if we played them right now until I stop seeing the L's stack up to effing Kansas. Just sayin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bctex1106 said:

Not that I'm in full agreement with Mike that we're on the same level as Vandy...but I'd place a large bet that the 'Dores would kick our ass if we played them right now until I stop seeing the L's to Kansas stack up. Just sayin.

Vandy kicking our ass! Good lord, where are you people coming from and what have you been drinking? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

maybe, maybe not... Mack Brown won a title at Texas because he stacked talent at Texas. It was not his coaching. Jimbo did the same at FSU. He is stacking talent....Our hopes and dreams are on a coach who have never won shit... And just went 5-7.

Yep he got lazy at the end. I loved Mack Brown but he got lazy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

maybe, maybe not... Mack Brown won a title at Texas because he stacked talent at Texas. It was not his coaching. Jimbo did the same at FSU. He is stacking talent....Our hopes and dreams are on a coach who have never won shit... And just went 5-7.

That’s what happens when you hire a coach that’s great not someone we think can be great. After Herman I’ve thought we should’ve gotten a more proven coach to replace him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Baron said:

You do realize hiring Meyer would have had some seriously embarrassing results. An NFL team dumped him fairly quickly.

At the time because he’s a still a great college coach. After him Kelly would be my hire because I think he’s a coach CDC would hire. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Austin Horn said:

At the time because he’s a still a great college coach. After him Kelly would be my hire because I think he’s a coach CDC would hire. 

I was one that endorsed the early interest in Meyer, but when it came out that he was playing Texas my opinion went south. Texas dodged a bullet on this one. If that means keeping an average coach for 3 years or so I'm in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Baron said:

I was one that endorsed the early interest in Meyer, but when it came out that he was playing Texas my opinion went south. Texas dodged a bullet on this one. If that means keeping an average coach for 3 years or so I'm in.

Kelly is a good coach. He got experience at ND. I wonder how he’ll do at LSU. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

 

Don't be obtuse. Manning comes from a family that is worth a billion dollars. He is not the typical recruit... Plus did he commit already?  I must have missed it..

 

 

Oh maybe you are talking about Ewers.... 

 

Also Texas went 5-7 and sucked for 12 years.  We are closer to Vanderbilt then some want to believe... But like many I am hoping for the best from 7 win Sark.

 

Yes, I was referring to Ewers, who was rated higher than Manning is rated now and is already on campus wearing burnt orange.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

maybe, maybe not... Mack Brown won a title at Texas because he stacked talent at Texas. It was not his coaching. Jimbo did the same at FSU. He is stacking talent....Our hopes and dreams are on a coach who have never won shit... And just went 5-7.

So, Jimbo stacked so much talent at FSU that he quit on them ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mack was lazy and didn't have the recruiting assistance coaches that could overcome their own useless recruiting abilities at the the end of the Mack times. But Mack didn't stack talent either after the NC at several positions and that has been shown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Baron said:

I'd probably just stick with "we suck until we don't". The Vandy reference is.....mind boggling? 

Sure, "we suck until we dont"... but disagree on the "mind boggling" comment when 57-56 just happened a few months ago. My full expectation moving forward is that our ceiling is 6-7 wins until I see otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Austin Horn said:

Yep he got lazy at the end. I loved Mack Brown but he got lazy. 

But we are one of a handful of teams that can “stack” talent the way this NIL rules are.  See recruiting #5 in the country after going 5-7.  We will see a big separation in college football if they don’t set some NIL rules.  A&M jumped out first because this is not new to them.  They’ve been doing this stuff for years and now the NCAA makes it legal with very few, if any rules.  That’s right down their alleyway.  A lot of teams aren’t going to be able to pay like that so there will be a separation.  The rich are going to win.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, david ficken said:

So, Jimbo stacked so much talent at FSU that he quit on them ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mack was lazy and didn't have the recruiting assistance coaches that could overcome their own useless recruiting abilities at the the end of the Mack times. But Mack didn't stack talent either after the NC at several positions and that has been shown.

I appreciate Mack Brown and the things he did for Texas. But his final years is what did it for me. He got lazy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, bctex1106 said:

Sure, "we suck until we dont"... but disagree on the "mind boggling" comment when 57-56 just happened a few months ago. My full expectation moving forward is that our ceiling is 6-7 wins until I see otherwise.

Here is the total summation of ALL the games Vanderbilt has won in the past 3 years.

2019  5-7 Northern Illinois by 6 points, 6-6 Missouri by 7 points, 3-9 East Tennessee State by 38 points

2020  No one.

2021  3-9 Colorado State by 3 points, 1-11 UConn by 2 points, 

So, yes, it is nothing short of mind-boggling to think anyone would actually believe that Vanderbilt would kick Texas's ass.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Austin Horn said:

That’s what happens when you hire a coach that’s great not someone we think can be great. After Herman I’ve thought we should’ve gotten a more proven coach to replace him. 

No offence bot IMO Mack was not agreat coach. Did less with more not counting Vince. DKR was agreatcoach did more with lessfirst 2-3 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

But we are one of a handful of teams that can “stack” talent the way this NIL rules are.  See recruiting #5 in the country after going 5-7.  We will see a big separation in college football if they don’t set some NIL rules.  A&M jumped out first because this is not new to them.  They’ve been doing this stuff for years and now the NCAA makes it legal with very few, if any rules.  That’s right down their alleyway.  A lot of teams aren’t going to be able to pay like that so there will be a separation.  The rich are going to win.  

The rich have always won.  Cincinnati is the only non blue blood, power 5 team to play in a play off game in both the BCS championship and BCS playoff eras. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...