Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

15 hours ago, TB14 said:

So what’s the best case scenario class for Texas?

2022 is pretty much done. Time to move to these guys. Besides Manning and Owens I don’t know anyone well. 

Lots of development for 2023 but the big names right now:

QB - Manning 

RB - Owens. If we miss on Owens, we have a shot which a few other top 5 RBs

WR - we gotta land truly Elite WRS in this class. Jalen Hale is a 5 star. Johntay Cook and Jaquaize Pettaway are top 10 WRs and Braylon James is #12 at WR. At least 2 of those 4. 

TE - Jaden Greathouse (was the top TE, now listed as WR so I'm not sure). Plays at Westlake

OL - Not the high profile in state kids this year, especially at tackle. Gotta land a few of the top in state guys and maybe shop around the country otherwise. Isaiah Robinson is the top Tackle target in state while Harris Sewell, TJ Shanahan and Markis Deal are all top 5 overall inside OL prospects. 

DB - Javion Taviano and Malik Muhummad are the stud CBs. Not the high profile safeties but a few guys in the 100-150 range.

LB - Anthony Hill is the 5 star LB we need. 

DL - David Hicks is a 5 star DL but I don't like our chances there

Athletes - Dalton Brooks, Bravion Rogers, Mikal Pilot, Ryan Niblett are all in or near the top 100

1 hour ago, BWilk55 said:

QB - Manning 

WR - we gotta land truly Elite WRS in this class. Jalen Hale is a 5 star. Johntay Cook and Jaquaize Pettaway are top 10 WRs and Braylon James is #12 at WR. At least 2 of those 4. 

TE - Jaden Greathouse (was the top TE, now listed as WR so I'm not sure). Plays at Westlake

OL - Not the high profile in state kids this year, especially at tackle. Gotta land a few of the top in state guys and maybe shop around the country otherwise. Isaiah Robinson is the top Tackle target in state while Harris Sewell, TJ Shanahan and Markis Deal are all top 5 overall inside OL prospects. 

DB - Javion Taviano and Malik Muhummad are the stud CBs. Not the high profile safeties but a few guys in the 100-150 range.

Athletes - Dalton Brooks, Bravion Rogers, Mikal Pilot, Ryan Niblett are all in or near the top 100

Will be looking at Hudls this week!

4 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

QB - Manning 

A lot of the names on your list will end up aggy. Aggy is paying the bucks, on the side and not legally for some reason. I worry about Anthony Hill in that regard. I hear he's a primary target of theirs.

I don't see Greathouse at TE. I think he should remain at WR. He would be a nice compliment there to what we already have. Besides, I like the idea of having Greathouse and Sanders on the field at the same time.

Totally agree with your WR assessment, but would throw Greathouse in that group. I'd be happy if we landed two of that group.

• Administrators
On 1/2/2022 at 9:30 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

TFB is saying their sources tell them UT has slipped a bit in the recruitment of Arch Manning, since we added Quinn Ewers. TFB looks at it as a blip and something Texas can recover from, but the selling point has become more difficult now.

Interesting since IT has been saying adding Ewers and the OL haul has helped, especially after a 5-7 season.

They said today they believe February will be his commitment.

• Administrators

I forgot to add there would also be two years between Ewers and Arch, so I don't get the logic from TFB's source there.

The Mannings have been pretty adamant they want Arch to walk into a solid roster where he's not expected to be a savior.

12 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

QB - Manning 

I agree with all of this. Plus if not mistaken we have a 4 star safety out of Arlington (Seguin)? committed to us in this class. 

Much like SHA, Hill and Hicks feels like aggies will drop whatever number of bags to get them. Hope to be wrong on both.  Think SHA said only Hill, but I'll add Hicks to this.

Greathouse was listed as a TE, but he has never put hand in the ground and blocked any DL/DE/LB thus the change to WR. He could play both inside and outside, so guessing the thought was as a playing catching TE while using a different TE that could put a hand in the ground next to a tackle?

Just hoping we get back to when we had the Cash twins, D. Thomas, or J. Finley. We had others during Mack's time, but several had several knee injuries and he stopped going after TEs or thought that those that were fullbacks or LBs could be TEs.

I’m hoping for Sanders to emerge this season. He was dominant at Denton Ryan. Not sure about his blocking, but he caught everything and was great after the catch. He has the build for tight end, but wasn’t asked to block. 

1 hour ago, Billybass said:

I’m hoping for Sanders to emerge this season. He was dominant at Denton Ryan. Not sure about his blocking, but he caught everything and was great after the catch. He has the build for tight end, but wasn’t asked to block. 

deleted by eastexhorn.

3 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

He as sorta dominant vs K St.. Howrvrr it was ar D End. His play made me wonder where he had been all year.

Interesting.  I remember seeing a #3 out there but I thought that was Jones back from his injury...

5 minutes ago, Rotty22 said:

Interesting.  I remember seeing a #3 out there but I thought that was Jones back from his injury...

You might be right. Forgot about Jones. Will recheck recording of game.

18 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

I would add connor Stroh 6-7  345  offered to list.

Agreed, dude is a mountain of a man (boy?). I didn't list him because he is unranked by the services right now but I'm sure that will change soon. With his size and quality of play, imagine he'll jump into the ranks as at least a 4 star.

7 hours ago, david ficken said:

Much like SHA, Hill and Hicks feels like aggies will drop whatever number of bags to get them. Hope to be wrong on both.  Think SHA said only Hill, but I'll add Hicks to this.

Hicks for sure, a very strong aggy vibe early. For Hill, I feel like I've picked up a pretty solid Horns vibe so far.

50 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

I believe Rotty is correct, it was Jones and he kicked some KST arse!

Yes aRotty is right! Just recheck recordind and found a shot of #3 with Jones below the number. Lesson learned never assume.

Did see Sanders blocking on extra point try.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Yes aRotty is right! Just recheck recordind and found a shot of #3 with Jones below the number. Lesson learned never assume.

Did see Sanders blocking on extra point try.

Crazy thing is, Sanders played D End at Ryan. He was good too. But not as dominant as at receiver. 
I have watched Hill a lot too, he is really good. Plays LB and FB. Broke some long runs as FB. Pure athlete.