Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

2 hours ago, Baron said:

You can't always count on freshmen WR's. Case in point, Brennan Thompson.

Brennan Thompson is a raw undersized catch & run WR who played Texas High School Football at the 3A level. I always thought it was ridiculous that some UT fans thought he would be a go-to WR as a true freshmen.

On the other hand, I do think Jonhtay Cook & DeAndre Moore will have higher impacts as true freshmen because they're polished run & catch WRs who played at big-time high school programs in the top classifications of Texas & Cali H.S. football + both them are EEs.

9 minutes ago, satam55 said:

Brennan Thompson is a raw undersized catch & run WR who played Texas High School Football at the 3A level. I always thought it was ridiculous that some UT fans thought he would be a go-to WR as a true freshmen.

On the other hand, I do think Jonhtay Cook & DeAndre Moore will have higher impacts as true freshmen because they're polished run & catch WRs who played at big-time high school programs in the top classifications of Texas & Cali H.S. football + both them are EEs.

Can't argue with that, but I didn't even know who Worthy was until he got a release from his NLI. Regardless, I hope the new guys adjust quickly, we need it.

On 12/29/2022 at 8:41 AM, texbound said:

and Jelani McDonald.  Speaking of, where does he project if he chooses Texas?  I always had it in my head that he would be a S, but I've seen some mention of LB

Sorry, I was already counting McDonald as signed. He just hasn’t publicly announced but it is done and he’s in. I think they see him in an Overshown type role. 

19 hours ago, Billybass said:

It seemed to me last night, Washington left Worthy in man to man, and concentrated more on Sanders and Whit. 
Worthy was open more, especially more than Sanders.

Cook and Niblett next year will put more pressure on the secondaries.

They were able to run the ball behind the senior laden line. That line also kept Penix upright.

Their running game chewed up a lot of clock, and hurt us worse that Penix, in my opinion. As I said in an earlier post, they were a good well balanced team. Probably better than any team in the Big12. And they deserved the win.

losing sucks, but it is what it is.

Sanders and Whitt (who adjust to the ball) were practically mugged every play.

I don’t understand why Worthy rarely looks for the ball when he is running a route.  It’s quite possible that I am clueless, but there are times $@(? happens, and he might need to adjust to the ball. Ship did it. Cosby did it.  Thomas did it. All the successful ones did.

Hook ‘em!

14 hours ago, satam55 said:

I always believed Thompson would need some time to develop but Thompson is faster (10.24 100m) than Worthy, Cook and Moore. 

Brennan could run by defenders and drop passes in less time than it takes Worthy. Just saying 

2 hours ago, java said:

Sanders and Whitt (who adjust to the ball) were practically mugged every play.

I don’t understand why Worthy rarely looks for the ball when he is running a route.  It’s quite possible that I am clueless, but there are times $@(? happens, and he might need to adjust to the ball. Ship did it. Cosby did it.  Thomas did it. All the successful ones did.

Hook ‘em!

I think Worthy is quickly wearing out his welcome with Longhorn nation.

4 hours ago, TB14 said:

Sorry, I was already counting McDonald as signed. He just hasn’t publicly announced but it is done and he’s in. I think they see him in an Overshown type role. 

2 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

6-1 180 to 190 vs 6-4  224 should be fine😀

On3 has McDonald at 6'2.5 & 190 LBs. Seeing as Gerry Hamilton is involved with the rankings & scouting at on3, I usually trust on3's listings for in-state kids.

• Administrators

Per IT, the talk at Under Armour events this week is mainly Georgia and Texas for TE Duce Robinson with both programs having nice TE production and selling their baseball programs.

USC appears to be third.

https://247sports.com/player/duce-robinson-46086662/

52 minutes ago, satam55 said:

On3 has McDonald at 6'2.5 & 190 LBs. Seeing as Gerry Hamilton is involved with the rankings & scouting at on3, I usually trust on3's listings for in-state kids.

His HS lists him at 6-1  190 this is where recruiting sites get hier infro. Doubt if any site measures or times them. DCTF been around longer than on3 and only covers Texas kids.

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

Per IT, the talk at Under Armour events this week is mainly Georgia and Texas for TE Duce Robinson with both programs having nice TE production and selling their baseball programs.

USC appears to be third.

I'm thinking this has been UGa for a while. 

59 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

USC appears to be third.

This would be great news. The QB situation definitely would be in our favor vs Georgia 

26 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

His HS lists him at 6-1  190 this is where recruiting sites get hier infro. Doubt if any site measures or times them. DCTF been around longer than on3 and only covers Texas kids.

Yes been around longer but how long they been going to camps & talking to kids,parents ,coaching?

On 12/31/2022 at 1:06 PM, TFloss32 said:

USC appears to be third.

Then He should look really hard at Texas Baseball. I like what Pierce is doing.