Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

DCTF is not a good source if you're wanting up to date info. The size info on him was taken 1.5 years ago (during junior year). Kids grow during their high school years. I would imagine he's at least 6'2 by now or better.

We need safeties. I don't know why we're talking about putting him at LB.

Bc then we can put Hill at Dt and Smaje (so) at end. Spin ‘em all down for more speed.😉lol

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

DCTF is not a good source if you're wanting up to date info. The size info on him was taken 1.5 years ago (during junior year). Kids grow during their high school years. I would imagine he's at least 6'2 by now or better.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

24/7 has him at 6-2  190 belive his school ist him at 6-1  190 I trust DCTF for ratings more than other on Texas HSS players Unless it says verified speed is a crap shoot Also height and weight. All sites.

Agree 100% on need for safetiesmy post was just agreeing with Texbound's

13 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't know if this is 23 related or 24, but lol @Roach anyway. lol

image.thumb.jpeg.246456119f54263fa356bebc7ab93cd6.jpeg

I heard something about something; could be nothing or could be everything or could be a little something.  I'll have something on this possible something later or I'll have nothing on the something or something on the nothing.  Stay tuned or don't, because it could be nothing.

27 minutes ago, texbound said:

I heard something about something; could be nothing or could be everything or could be a little something.  I'll have something on this possible something later or I'll have nothing on the something or something on the nothing.  Stay tuned or don't, because it could be nothing.

You pretty much just described how Orangebloods, Inside Texas, 247 Sports, and The Football Brainiacs all operate. 

1 hour ago, texbound said:

But pay me $9.95 a month and I'll tell you right after it happens. 

I know this isn’t a topic related to recruiting; however, I hope X Worthy packs his bags and hauls ass back to California. Sark has tried to appease him all year long at the expense of a true team player, Jordan Whittington. JW has given everything he’s had to this team and received very few targets. J. Sanders is a beast, and gets very few targets as well. It appears we try to force the ball to XW all the time due to the fear he will transfer. He appears to me to be a ME first player, and that’s what we’ve had for too long. Good riddance, and I hope JW comes back one more time. XW dropped multiple passes tonight, one, if not two guaranteed TD’s. 

13 hours ago, CorrienteKid said:

I know this isn’t a topic related to recruiting; however, I hope X Worthy packs his bags and hauls ass back to California. Sark has tried to appease him all year long at the expense of a true team player, Jordan Whittington. JW has given everything he’s had to this team and received very few targets. J. Sanders is a beast, and gets very few targets as well. It appears we try to force the ball to XW all the time due to the fear he will transfer. He appears to me to be a ME first player, and that’s what we’ve had for too long. Good riddance, and I hope JW comes back one more time. XW dropped multiple passes tonight, one, if not two guaranteed TD’s. 

Football doesn't target just one receiver anymore, it is a progression and you assume the others are always open.  Sophomore slump for Worthy, yes, but a bit premature to say pack his bags.  Need to have better options.  You also overlook that Worthy gets their best CB and sometimes help which makes others open.  OK to be frustrated with the game, but lets not overreact.  Reminds me of the time everyone wanted to get rid of Gideon, our walk-on Safety, but nobody could beat him out of the position.  

It seemed to me last night, Washington left Worthy in man to man, and concentrated more on Sanders and Whit. 
Worthy was open more, especially more than Sanders.

Cook and Niblett next year will put more pressure on the secondaries.

They were able to run the ball behind the senior laden line. That line also kept Penix upright.

Their running game chewed up a lot of clock, and hurt us worse that Penix, in my opinion. As I said in an earlier post, they were a good well balanced team. Probably better than any team in the Big12. And they deserved the win.

losing sucks, but it is what it is.

Back to recruiting . . . 

Nice write up 

https://www.si.com/college/texas/recruiting/texas-longhorns-wr-johntay-cook-5-star-pitch-2023-te-duce-robinson?fbclid=IwAR1U_FQqxjt0AKtVwdCPzQXENLq85uBxOL4_VxCIFFLb9Wzl8pX8mn6OAg0

Longhorns WR Johntay Cook's 5-Star Pitch to TE Duce Robinson

Johntay Cook has a pitch to star 2023 tight end recruit Duce Robinson, and it involves Arch Manning

4 hours ago, Billybass said:

It seemed to me last night, Washington left Worthy in man to man, and concentrated more on Sanders and Whit. 
Worthy was open more, especially more than Sanders.

Cook and Niblett next year will put more pressure on the secondaries.

They were able to run the ball behind the senior laden line. That line also kept Penix upright.

Their running game chewed up a lot of clock, and hurt us worse that Penix, in my opinion. As I said in an earlier post, they were a good well balanced team. Probably better than any team in the Big12. And they deserved the win.

losing sucks, but it is what it is.

You can't always count on freshmen WR's. Case in point, Brennan Thompson.

4 hours ago, Basis Points said:

Football doesn't target just one receiver anymore, it is a progression and you assume the others are always open.  Sophomore slump for Worthy, yes, but a bit premature to say pack his bags.  Need to have better options.  You also overlook that Worthy gets their best CB and sometimes help which makes others open.  OK to be frustrated with the game, but lets not overreact.  Reminds me of the time everyone wanted to get rid of Gideon, our walk-on Safety, but nobody could beat him out of the position.  

Point taken.  

But Gideon was never a walk on.  He was a 3 star who started game 1 in an otherwise star studded class.   

1 hour ago, 83Dee said:

Point taken.  

But Gideon was never a walk on.  He was a 3 star who started game 1 in an otherwise star studded class.   

You're right. I can't remember the kids name but he played at the end of Mack's era or during Strong's tenure.

Edit: Dylan Haines is the guy.

6 hours ago, Basis Points said:

Actually according to this November clip from CBS Sports/247's Cover 3 Podcast criticizing Jimbo Fisher's offense, most college offense are 1-read offenses: