Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

4 hours ago, hookemhorb said:

Manning is redshirting next year. Our QBs will be Ewers, Murphy and Wright.

Very little experience. That's worth at least 1 loss. If Ewers goes down, we're in trouble.

If they can only trust Ewers to hand the ball off next season we won’t notice if he goes down. 

I’m hoping we see a different Ewers in our bowl game……..the same goes for Worthy

7 hours ago, texbound said:

I would agree, but you really need to see Lefau play. Still can't believe he isn't rated higher.  I think he is can step in now and contend for a spot.

He does have a good shot. LB needs help in worse way. Also DB.

If we make it through December every thing will be alright I know.

9 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

I would bet that Manning plays at least in four games. IMO he will be furher along than Ewers at times they enroll.

I don't see that happening. In fact, I don't think he would consider it. He would play Murphy, who will have a lot of experience and development in the system and has skills of his own.

On 11/30/2022 at 9:11 AM, texbound said:

This is the list so far

P. Dorbah

DJ Harris

JD Coffey

T Omiere

A Karic

H Card

J Johnson

I've heard/read one might've changed their minds and is switching positions (could be J. Johnson and is moving to S, but that is a guess)

I wouldn't be surprised to see any combination of Alexis, Cain, Merril or Parr to enter next.  

I believe the scholarship roster was sitting at 82.  Those 7 + 3 open spots + 16 Srs + 2 for Bijan and JWhitt (unless he comes back) = 28 spots (give or take 1).  I think they currently have 21 committed for 2023 leaving about 7 open spots.  

As I said, I expect 2-4 more transfers to give them 9-11 spots available remaining.

Now days I count the players returning instead of ones leaving. It is extremly hard to get a accruate number now days. I come up with 5 more spaces to reach 85 number.

Then Sark can sigh 30 or 40 for next two years just so it is 85 in August.

3 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

I would bet that Manning plays at least in four games. IMO he will be furher along than Ewers at times they enroll.

I don't imagine many HS QB's will be as far a long as Arch as a freshman. I believe I read somewhere that he and Sark have been going through the offense for almost a year. 

I hope he doesn't play a single snap next year. I want Ewers to light it up and be the first QB taken in the draft. Arch takes over as a RS Freshman and we never skip a beat.

2025 we start SEC play with best QB in college football and a supporting cast capable of winning a Natty.

5 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Now days players leave after three years if good enough to go pro.

If a player is good enough might as well play him as freshman or you lose a year of his services.

After going through spring practices and is as good as advertized Arch will play

Then on other hand might never play a down.

I read on another site several months ago that Sark was very open to Arch and parents about Sark's plan to redshirt him as part of developing him. That was reported as being well received by Arch and parents (as opposed to all of the promises been made). That been said, things can change. 

1 minute ago, 63_Texas_1 said:

I read on another site several months ago that Sark was very open to Arch and parents about Sark's plan to redshirt him as part of developing him. That was reported as being well received by Arch and parents (as opposed to all of the promises been made). That been said, things can change. 

I could have sworn I read somewhere Arch himself wants to redshirt.

5 hours ago, RickyFlair said:

I don't imagine many HS QB's will be as far a long as Arch as a freshman. I believe I read somewhere that he and Sark have been going through the offense for almost a year. 

I hope he doesn't play a single snap next year. I want Ewers to light it up and be the first QB taken in the draft. Arch takes over as a RS Freshman and we never skip a beat.

2025 we start SEC play with best QB in college football and a supporting cast capable of winning a Natty.

This is exactly what’s going to happen.  Don’t you worry.  🤘🏼

4 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Time will tell if he plays. But to me any player worth his salt wants to play?

There’s playing and there’s being ready to play.  I’d imagine Manning family wants him to be ready to play which he likely won’t be next year.  But maybe he knows the playbook, gets bigger physically and is mentally ready.  Anything can happen but generally probably better to redshirt. 

On 11/30/2022 at 4:24 PM, Eastexhorn said:

Now days players leave after three years if good enough to go pro.

If a player is good enough might as well play him as freshman or you lose a year of his services.

After going through spring practices and is as good as advertized Arch will play

Then on other hand might never play a down.

If I'm reading this right, I think you're saying Arch will play next year unless he doesn't

😂

On 11/29/2022 at 12:35 PM, TFloss32 said:

Per IT, Texas has been in contact with DL Daemian Wimberly of Austin Vandegrift since the playoffs started and they want to get him on campus for a visit.

https://247sports.com/player/daemian-wimberly-46130362/

TFloss, it feels like we have been interested in so many DL and have been throwing offers around.  There are so many options it starts to feel like we have lowered our standards.  I thought the DL improvement, Coburn's comments about Bo, and Bo's pedigree would have made us more successful.  Any thoughts?  Is it the depth chart?

1 hour ago, Basis Points said:

TFloss, it feels like we have been interested in so many DL and have been throwing offers around.  There are so many options it starts to feel like we have lowered our standards.  I thought the DL improvement, Coburn's comments about Bo, and Bo's pedigree would have made us more successful.  Any thoughts?  Is it the depth chart?

Late bloomers and new discoveries through the season. Happens every year.

You would be neglectful if you didn't kick the tires.

2 hours ago, Basis Points said:

Most of these new offers are late bloomer senior season evals, NOT UT settling for lesser recruits.

The fact that some of y'all don't recognize this, just tells me that previous UT coaching staffs didn't do a good job of evaluating & offering senior season late bloomers.