Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

1 minute ago, TFloss32 said:

Something to chew on for next season...IT mentioned today they think LB Liona Lefau can start next year alongside LB Jaylan Ford.

https://247sports.com/player/liona-lefau-46112081/

I believe it.  I saw that kid play a couple of weeks ago and he was by far the best player on the field and there were some big kids out there.  dude was a missile.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, texbound said:

I believe it.  I saw that kid play a couple of weeks ago and he was by far the best player on the field and there were some big kids out there.  dude was a missile.

They even mentioned him sliding into the Overshown role.

9 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

They even mentioned him sliding into the Overshown role.

A true freshman LB?!? I have to see it to believe it. Surely we have someone better--Bush, Brockermeyer 😉. Seriously, if we have to start a true freshman, it's a position of need. We need to get a portal LB.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, hookemhorb said:

A true freshman LB?!? I have to see it to believe it. Surely we have someone better--Bush, Brockermeyer 😉. Seriously, if we have to start a true freshman, it's a position of need. We need to get a portal LB.

Doesn't sound like a "have to" situation where he's in there out of necessity.

They want him to play.

34 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Doesn't sound like a "have to" situation where he's in there out of necessity.

They want him to play.

Seriously, from what I saw I'm confused on why this kid is not a high 4 star or 5.  He was sideline to sideline and brought it.  Dropped well in coverage and very fluid.  He better get a huge bump.

3 hours ago, hookemhorb said:

Hey....If this staff will start a freshman at Left Tackle and QB they will start one anywhere....

5 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

IT said today Texas is trying to get WR Kyle Parker of Lucas Lovejoy on campus Friday for the Baylor game.

If he can't make it for whatever reason, they'll try again in December since his team is now out of the playoffs.

https://247sports.com/player/kyle-parker-46098346/

Interesting that they are not targeting the other Parker, i.e. Livingstone, who has height and is just as or faster than Parker #1.

8 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

IT said today Texas is trying to get WR Kyle Parker of Lucas Lovejoy on campus Friday for the Baylor game.

If he can't make it for whatever reason, they'll try again in December since his team is now out of the playoffs.

https://247sports.com/player/kyle-parker-46098346/

3 hours ago, Rotty22 said:

Interesting that they are not targeting the other Parker, i.e. Livingstone, who has height and is just as or faster than Parker #1.

Maybe becuz Parker Livingstone is a 2024 recruit, NOT a 2023 recruit.

8 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Something to chew on for next season...IT mentioned today they think LB Liona Lefau can start next year alongside LB Jaylan Ford.

https://247sports.com/player/liona-lefau-46112081/

8 hours ago, texbound said:

A couple weeks ago, I remember Justin Wells or Gerry Hamilton saying on a IT livestream that the Texas staff is really high on Lefau and they think he'd be considered on the same talent level as Anthony Hill if he played in 5A or 6A Texas Football instead of in Hawaii.

5 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

Where does that leave Hill? 

Ant Hill is a 5-star LB who would be in the 2-deep, if not a starter, on Day 1. UT has to take him especially when you consider that UT could lose all 3 starting off-the-ball LBs from their base defense if Jaylon Ford decides to leave early for the NFL draft.