Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

24 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Just curious . . why not? Everything I've seen since he decommitted is pro-Texas. No other school even mentioned.

I understand you're upset about a game we lost. But recruiting-wise, Sark's kicked ass. You should have no complaints there.

I feel like when Texas has a chance to strike but it falls short 

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Just curious . . why not? Everything I've seen since he decommitted is pro-Texas. No other school even mentioned.

I understand you're upset about a game we lost. But recruiting-wise, Sark's kicked ass. You should have no complaints there.

He’s going to visit others 

In my mind Sarkesian and company have proven they are great recruiters. Sure we have missed out on some but everyone does.  Being that we went 5-7 last year I think what they have done with recruiting is impressive.  I don’t know many other programs that could be that productive with a losing record, and we got Arch.  

30 minutes ago, zion3d said:

In my mind Sarkesian and company have proven they are great recruiters. Sure we have missed out on some but everyone does.  Being that we went 5-7 last year I think what they have done with recruiting is impressive.  I don’t know many other programs that could be that productive with a losing record, and we got Arch.  

True - the last thing missing is on the field wins and player development 

My opinion on recruiting needs, which with a two dollar bill will get a cup of coffee at most places.

Most pressing need is LB. 2 Srs., 2 Sophs or RS's and three freshmen. One starter back. need portal for another.

DB proably second most need. 4 srs, 3 jrs. 7 sophs or RSs. and 3 frosh. One proably transfer, mYbe a portal. Need more commitments.

WR depends on Whitt. and others returning. Injury prone players etc.  Super transfer and another commentment.

RB only if KRob leaves

Rest of positions look to be OK. Thoughts?

19 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

My opinion on recruiting needs, which with a two dollar bill will get a cup of coffee at most places.

Most pressing need is LB. 2 Srs., 2 Sophs or RS's and three freshmen. One starter back. need portal for another.

DB proably second most need. 4 srs, 3 jrs. 7 sophs or RSs. and 3 frosh. One proably transfer, mYbe a portal. Need more commitments.

WR depends on Whitt. and others returning. Injury prone players etc.  Super transfer and another commentment.

RB only if KRob leaves

Rest of positions look to be OK. Thoughts?

Have you made any changes to this since the last time you posted it 🙂

• Administrators

TFB had a report on LB Anthony Hill, Jr. of Denton Ryan and their confidence in Texas landing him has increased since the TCU game.

While a win would've been the ideal scenario, the defense having an outstanding performance was big for his recruitment.

They were 50/50 confidence and are now at about 70% in Texas' favor.

https://247sports.com/Player/Anthony-Hill-46097274/

3 hours ago, Utjb1 said:

True - the last thing missing is on the field wins and player development 

Definitely need wins.  

When I look at Ford, Sorrell, our interior D line, O Line, and Sanders this year compared to last year it’s an obvious improvement.

I’m sure we have some on the team that haven’t progressed but we are getting more player development now than the last two coaching staffs and the three to four years leading up to Mack’s departure.