Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread


TFloss32
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators
8 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Per IT, DT DJ Hicks of Katy Paetow will be going to Oregon this weekend.

He's making the trip with one of his high school teammates who was recently offered by them.

He's still expected to hit Austin before he signs.

 

By the way, his teammate is also committed to A&M.

https://247sports.com/player/daymion-sanford-46129605/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Per IT, DT DJ Hicks of Katy Paetow will be going to Oregon this weekend.

He's making the trip with one of his high school teammates who was recently offered by them.

He's still expected to hit Austin before he signs.

 

He will find any reason not to visit Austin.  He must've had a traumatic experience there as a child.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, texbound said:

I can give you some off the top of my head that will probably/potentially portal or go pro:  RB Bijan Robinson; WR Jordan Whittington; WR Jaden Alexis; QB Hudson Card; QB Charles Wright; OL Max Merril and TE Brayden Liebrock. I could also see OL Sawyer Goram-Welch (actually don't know what he plays now); and OL Logan Parr.  So that is 9 potential spots right there to go along with the 17 openings and that = 26 as is.  So 6 potential new HS kids. 

I could also see a couple of current 2023 recruits drop off such as Spencer Shannon (IF, big IF, they can land Duce Robinson) and maybe EDGE Billy Walton (with Vasek, he might be odd man out) encouraged to look elsewhere.  So maybe they could add an additional 9 Spots (7 more HS and 2 portal).  Just thinking off the top of my head.

Updated:  Could also potentially add WR Casey Cain on this list if Neyor is coming back.  Worthy, Neyor, Hall, Omiere, Thompson, Red, Cook, Niblett, anyone of Moore/Greathouse/Parker/???? and a transfer portal (maybe Evan Stewart).  That is potentially 10-11 WR, not including Cain and Alexis.  10-11 is the magical # Sark likes according to what he has said in the past.

Whitt might come back posiabilty.

c. Wright Doubt if he leaves too much of a Horn

C ain think he will stick

Agree Sark will find the spaces for who ever he wants.

My main point is you cannot keep over signing and asking players to leave

Look at Ford last year might have showed him thedoor.This year best LB onteam.

If you ever want to make to Big Game you must have a sr. and jr.laden team

How many sts. will Texas have next year? Still a year away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

Given the need for edge rushers, I doubt Sark would run off anyone with Walton's upside. 

I guess that would depend on what the choice is, Walton or say Damon Wilson or David Hicks.  I thought the CB from last year had some upside to him and room for development, but kind of let him go for T.Brooks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Whitt might come back posiabilty.

c. Wright Doubt if he leaves too much of a Horn

C ain think he will stick

Agree Sark will find the spaces for who ever he wants.

My main point is you cannot keep over signing and asking players to leave

Look at Ford last year might have showed him thedoor.This year best LB onteam.

If you ever want to make to Big Game you must have a sr. and jr.laden team

How many sts. will Texas have next year? Still a year away.

I did something similar and came short of the number needed.

Gone:

Overshown; RoJo; Tucker-Dorsey; Jamison; Cook; Milton; Oghoufo; Bush; Brockermeyer; Jones; Sweat; Coburn; Ojomo

Early draft entry:

Bijan; Watts; Ford

Portal:

Card; Richardson; Dorbah; Gbenda; Goram-Welch; Juan Davis; Liebrock...this is the grey area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I think Ford comes back. Maybe Watts, too. 

I don't know if Card portals. He seems sincerely happy at Texas.

I'd hate to lose Juan Davis, unless Duce were coming.

 

I should have put maybe on that line. I hope Ford and Watts come back as well, but comments coming out seem to indicate NFL attention. My initial comment was totally Bijan based.

Davis may be a casualty due to Will Randle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I think Ford comes back. Maybe Watts, too. 

I don't know if Card portals. He seems sincerely happy at Texas.

I'd hate to lose Juan Davis, unless Duce were coming.

 

But Card gets his degree this year. He could grad transfer and have two years of eligibility to actually play somewhere and get a grad degree somewhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Wayne said:

But Card gets his degree this year. He could grad transfer and have two years of eligibility to actually play somewhere and get a grad degree somewhere. 

Would that mean the poster who shall remain nameless would clutter up their board with mindless drivel? Asking for a friend.😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...