Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

• Administrators
2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Apparently Wiltfong of 247 said S Peyton Bowen of Denton Guyer will be in town this weekend.

I haven't seen it yet.

https://247sports.com/player/peyton-bowen-46113794/

IT believes he's visiting this weekend, especially considering Texas just offered his younger brother.

They're trying to confirm.

2 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

With 34 spots used last year was thereany spaces to carry over to this year? 

Math no, but numbers count in recruiting.

They did away with the limits on recruiting class size. The only limit is they can't have more then 85 scholarship players.  Like last year some number of players won't have their scholarships renewed  and will enter the portal. The more they take the more that need to leave, so the coaches need to be careful and strategic. 

28 minutes ago, dssl said:

They did away with the limits on recruiting class size. The only limit is they can't have more then 85 scholarship players.  Like last year some number of players won't have their scholarships renewed  and will enter the portal. The more they take the more that need to leave, so the coaches need to be careful and strategic. 

Proably read thistone time but memory is not what ituse to be.

84 on roster = 1 space plus 16 seniors 17 openings. 21 commits so already 4 over

Going pro, medicals might get 2-3 more Look out srs. and jrs. need more spaces.

24 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Proably read thistone time but memory is not what ituse to be.

84 on roster = 1 space plus 16 seniors 17 openings. 21 commits so already 4 over

Going pro, medicals might get 2-3 more Look out srs. and jrs. need more spaces.

I can give you some off the top of my head that will probably/potentially portal or go pro:  RB Bijan Robinson; WR Jordan Whittington; WR Jaden Alexis; QB Hudson Card; QB Charles Wright; OL Max Merril and TE Brayden Liebrock. I could also see OL Sawyer Goram-Welch (actually don't know what he plays now); and OL Logan Parr.  So that is 9 potential spots right there to go along with the 17 openings and that = 26 as is.  So 6 potential new HS kids. 

I could also see a couple of current 2023 recruits drop off such as Spencer Shannon (IF, big IF, they can land Duce Robinson) and maybe EDGE Billy Walton (with Vasek, he might be odd man out) encouraged to look elsewhere.  So maybe they could add an additional 9 Spots (7 more HS and 2 portal).  Just thinking off the top of my head.

Updated:  Could also potentially add WR Casey Cain on this list if Neyor is coming back.  Worthy, Neyor, Hall, Omiere, Thompson, Red, Cook, Niblett, anyone of Moore/Greathouse/Parker/???? and a transfer portal (maybe Evan Stewart).  That is potentially 10-11 WR, not including Cain and Alexis.  10-11 is the magical # Sark likes according to what he has said in the past.

• Administrators

Per IT, DT DJ Hicks of Katy Paetow will be going to Oregon this weekend.

He's making the trip with one of his high school teammates who was recently offered by them.

He's still expected to hit Austin before he signs.