Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

• Administrators

Hamilton at IT had an interesting bit of info today on WR recruiting.

As of today, he expects Texas to take three high schoolers and one portal player for this class.

Hard to tell if he means there is a specific player Texas is keeping an eye on, but his latest intel suggests that's the plan.

Obviously people are already assuming it's going to be Stewart leaving A&M.

1 hour ago, TFloss32 said:

As of today, he expects Texas to take three high schoolers and one portal player for this class.

Hard to tell if he means there is a specific player Texas is keeping an eye on, but his latest intel suggests that's the plan.

I watched the atm/MSST game and you can tell the concentration for Stewart just isn't there. I saw at least 4 clear drops by him.

I would be ok with 2 HS WR's and 1 portal.  I expect Whittington to be done this year, but he could have a change of heart and come back.  That room will be crowded next year.  Neyor, Worthy, Hall, Omiere, Red, Cain, Alexis, Thompson, Cook, Niblett and possibly Stewart.  That is a stacked room.

1. Moore

2. MHP

3. Hopefully flip that fast kid committed elsewhere right now that we wanted and I now can't think of his name but we're now trying hard to flip. lol

4. Evans portal

That is a pretty good bit of talent if they can pull it off.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

1. Moore

2. MHP

3. Hopefully flip that fast kid committed elsewhere right now that we wanted and I now can't think of his name but we're now trying hard to flip. lol

4. Evans portal

That is a pretty good bit of talent if they can pull it off.

My understanding is it's three high schoolers total, so Cook and Niblett make two.

My understanding is it's three high schoolers total, so Cook and Niblett make two.

Cook and Niblett are game changing WRs, imo.  So, they have to keep those 2.  I stated before, I'm ok if they only take those 2 in this class and grab a portal WR.  Neyor will likely be back, how good will he be after the injury remains to be seen.  The room will be full next year with Worthy, Hall, Neyor, Omiere, Thompson, Cain, Red, Alexis (transfer candidate), Cook, Niblett and portal transfer.  That is 11 (10 if Alexis portals).  I remember Sark saying he likes his WR at 10 with a good mix of upper and lower classes.  We all expect Whittington to not be back, but he will have the option to return if he wants to.

4 hours ago, texbound said:

Cook and Niblett are game changing WRs, imo.  So, they have to keep those 2.  I stated before, I'm ok if they only take those 2 in this class and grab a portal WR.  Neyor will likely be back, how good will he be after the injury remains to be seen.  The room will be full next year with Worthy, Hall, Neyor, Omiere, Thompson, Cain, Red, Alexis (transfer candidate), Cook, Niblett and portal transfer.  That is 11 (10 if Alexis portals).  I remember Sark saying he likes his WR at 10 with a good mix of upper and lower classes.  We all expect Whittington to not be back, but he will have the option to return if he wants to.

To this point, I know nothing about Alexis. I don't think I've seen him play at all. All I know is that he's not good enough to break into the starting rotation of WRs.

Cain has made excellent progress since he's been here. He's developing.

I can't wait to see Red do what he can do.

20. TEXAS

11074874.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320 (Photo: Getty)

NFL draft picks since 2000: 76

First-rounders: 16

In the aughts, Texas produced the high-profile likes of Vince Young (pictured), Leonard Davis and Roy Williams. But the program whiffed in the 2022 NFL Draft: Not a single Longhorn was selected by any team in any round. On the whole, the Longhorns remain the top-ranked school from the state of Texas.

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/The-50-College-Football-Programs-with-the-Most-NFL-Draft-Picks-This-Century-Ranked-148633972/#148633972_31

• Administrators
On 10/2/2022 at 5:40 PM, Slimer said:

@TFloss32 was Vasek at the game yesterday?  Have to think that one could start to get interesting.

Not that I have seen, but he will be in Dallas this weekend and is supposed to attend another Texas game.