Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

Sark gets three years, if not four.  Not happy about Tech but lots of football left this season before one can truly evaluate him for this year’s performance.   

if Texas should somehow win out, nobody will dwell on the Tech game.  If Texas plays more games like Tech then Sark gets a hard look at the end of the season.  But even at that, still saying he gets one more year to right the ship. 

14 hours ago, UT1983 said:

Sark gets three years, if not four.  Not happy about Tech but lots of football left this season before one can truly evaluate him for this year’s performance.   

if Texas should somehow win out, nobody will dwell on the Tech game.  If Texas plays more games like Tech then Sark gets a hard look at the end of the season.  But even at that, still saying he gets one more year to right the ship. 

It is my belief that Texas is in bed with Sark for at least 6 years; the program cannot afford to continue to have the coaching turnover it has had the past decade; it is the reason why there are high profile coaches that will not touch Texas with a ten foot pole and the ones Texas will attract are looking for a major payday like Tom Herman got. 

15 hours ago, jrcruz1026 said:

It is my belief that Texas is in bed with Sark for at least 6 years; the program cannot afford to continue to have the coaching turnover it has had the past decade; it is the reason why there are high profile coaches that will not touch Texas with a ten foot pole and the ones Texas will attract are looking for a major payday like Tom Herman got. 

Totally agree with this.  

The the talking mouths say who they would claim would come here of we grt rid of Sark.  It awesome when it's not your money being spent to do a buyout and get an another HC and coaching staff.

4 hours ago, david ficken said:

Totally agree with this.  

The the talking mouths say who they would claim would come here of we grt rid of Sark.  It awesome when it's not your money being spent to do a buyout and get an another HC and coaching staff.

Over the years, I’ve noted the death spiral:

1.   Position coach - area of weakness

2.  Coordinator(s)

3. Head coach 

Sometimes 1 & 2 are simultaneous. 

The axe falling on a coordinator signals - 1 more year to get it right.

Whether or not it was by way of pressure, you can make the case that #1 has already occurred.  

22 hours ago, jrcruz1026 said:

not sure about 6 years but it it is definitely more than 3. I think Sark knows the game is won and lost in the lines and it will take time to recruit and train OL and DL. 

I truly believe once we get a dominating OL and/or DL, games like last week will be few and far between.

13 minutes ago, bctex1106 said:

Bummer. 

Of the current top 20 in Texas in the 247 player rankings, 12 are heading out of the state. Looks like we're still having trouble bucking this trend of Texas talent crossing the border. Sucks to see. 

We just have to win....oh never mind.

21 minutes ago, Billybass said:

That’s a damn shame about Hicks. And with him going to Aggie, be that much harder to flip Hill. 
And those two are best defensive players in state and maybe nation. 

Agreed.  They must not have run out of money.