Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

He just had 0 interest in Texas.  Hoping Texas can snag Markis Deal and one of Akana and Wilson (highly unlikely) to round out this EDGE and DL class.

Really like Mitchell, Spencer and Guilette.  Billy Walton is a prospect with great potential.

Need 2 more quality LBs (maybe one coming from the transfer portal) to have a really good D class.   

Texas did very well with DBs last year and have a solid, mostly younger room.  Really sucks that Toviano is trending LSU.  Hold on to Muhammed at all costs.  If Toviano wants in then take him, but I don't think they need another one just to take one.  Maybe save the spot for a transfer or for next year. Only have to replace 2 (not counting any transfers)

D'Shawn Jamison             CB           5-10       187         Sr

Anthony Cook                   S              6-1          195         Sr

Ryan Watts                         CB           6-3          206         Jr

Kitan Crawford                  DB          5-11       198         Jr

Jerrin Thompson              S              6-0          190         Jr

Jahdae Barron                   DB          5-11       188         Jr

Morice Blackwell Jr.        S              6-1          203         Soph

JD Coffey III                        S              6-0          188         Soph

Jamier Johnson                 CB           6-0          174         Soph

Ishmael Ibraheem           CB           6-1          162         R-Fr

B.J. Allen Jr.                        S              6-0          205         Fr

X'Avion Brice                      DB          6-1          176         Fr

Terrance Brooks               CB           5-11       198         Fr

Jaylon Guilbeau                 DB          6-0          182         Fr

Austin Jordan                     DB          6-0          197         Fr

Larry Turner-Gooden     S              6-0          196         Fr

Derek Williams                  S              6-2          185         23’ Class

Malik Muhammad           CB           6-0          180         23’ Class

Jamel Johnson                   S              6-1         185         23’ Class

Losing 2 / gaining 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, texbound said:

Based on what just happened with Hale and these predictions, I think I will hold off getting excited until December signing day.

True, but thought it was funny that Hamilton ran into Sark and Marion last night, and then promptly put in a prediction for Moore.

6 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Ags lose their #1 offensive target to FSU.

If Hicks goes OU, they lose their #1 defensive target too.

Go look at their offensive recruiting right now. 

0 QB commits, offer out to UR 3 star player

0 RB commits and 1 low 4 star with offer not committed elsewhere

0 WR commits. 2 offers to middle 4 stars but they seem out of the running based on current predictions, on3 percentages

0 TE commits, offer out to 5 star Duce Robinson

They have 2 pretty high 4 star linemen but that's all to show right now with little in the pipeline.

29 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

0 WR commits. 2 offers to middle 4 stars but they seem out of the running based on current predictions, on3 percentages

They have 2 pretty high 4 star linemen but that's all to show right now with little in the pipeline.

I’m not complaining since it’s ags but

How do they pull the class they did last year and follow it up with a bunch of nothing? (Hill won’t stick I guarantee it). We joke about them running out of money but did they actually run out of money? 

The 2022 guys have to be rethinking their decision. 

45 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

anchorman-celebration-gif.gif&f=1&nofb=1

10 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

How do they pull the class they did last year and follow it up with a bunch of nothing? (Hill won’t stick I guarantee it). We joke about them running out of money but did they actually run out of money? 

With Saban's comments and the back and forth, a lot was put out to the public. The spotlight was cast on aggy recruiting. They had to back off from what they did.

In typical aggy fashion, they really only proved what they did last year was not normal.

1 hour ago, RickyFlair said:

They have a lot of talent on campus, gotta hope that a good number of those guys transfer out. 

Looks like they will have a hard time bringing in a stellar class this year. 

If those two things happen, they could really be short on talent in a few years, losing 4-5 games a year will keep the heat on Jimbo and things could really fall apart. 

37 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

They have a lot of talent on campus, gotta hope that a good number of those guys transfer out. 

Looks like they will have a hard time bringing in a stellar class this year. 

If those two things happen, they could really be short on talent in a few years, losing 4-5 games a year will keep the heat on Jimbo and things could really fall apart. 

But what can they do? The buyout on Jimbo is monstrous. And while they would get rid of Jimbo by ponying up the buyout, they'd be the laughing stock of college football.

I kinda like Jimbo there. His offense sucks ass. If he hires an OC next year, I'd change my mind probably.

15 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

But what can they do? The buyout on Jimbo is monstrous. And while they would get rid of Jimbo by ponying up the buyout, they'd be the laughing stock of college football.

I kinda like Jimbo there. His offense sucks ass. If he hires an OC next year, I'd change my mind probably.

Part of the reason it could get real messy! Want him gone but don't want to pay him off

On 9/23/2022 at 11:28 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

Look at Sark's buyout. If he keeps losing,the big cigars liable  want buy him out & when do say goodbye to over 50% recruiting class. So you got money & recruits.