2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Not sure if this is legit, but here it is

"There is now a rumor on IT that Anthony Hill was denied tickets to the Bama game, because the UT coaches heard he had made some disparaging remarks about some Texas players."

Well if he did make disparaging remarks then kudos to the coaching staff for standing with the guys who picked them.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

"There is now a rumor on IT that Anthony Hill was denied tickets to the Bama game, because the UT coaches heard he had made some disparaging remarks about some Texas players."

I think that rumor originated on OB, but IT wrote this morning Texas is definitely recruiting Hill and will until the end.

Hamilton added there's talk that his recruitment isn't over.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

I think that rumor originated on OB, but IT wrote this morning Texas is definitely recruiting Hill and will until the end.

I forgot to mention Hamilton said the Hills are close with Ryan Watts, so they're getting good insight on the player side of things.

Rumor have any legs or just OB causing drama?

12 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Let’s see a show of hands for anyone who has NOT made some disparaging remarks about some Texas players this past season. Don’t count on Bo Davis to raise his hand. 
I’m betting most of those remarks were well earned. 

I don’t see this staff being too sensitive over a recruits opinion especially if there is a little accuracy in it. 

12 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

El Mahico posted this on OB and someone took it to IT and asked if true.   Suchomel on OB said it was BS and Mods on IT said the same. Mahico making up shit again to make himself look important. He has no sources.... He has been busted many times of late. 

20 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

curious to know how anyone would know who or how tickets could/would be denied??? That sounded bogus from the getgo.

I would assume a player being recruited by the school would be offered tickets by the coaches that are recruiting him. If a recruit wasn't offered tickets  then he could obviously ask for them.

I have no idea what happened if anything,  but obviously a player could be told that no tickets are available for them.

14 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Not related to Hill, but IT has been saying for a while that a big time Houston prospect, I believe one committed elsewhere already, was denied tickets this past weekend because the staff felt they were just coming for the show and not as a serious prospect. They never gave much more in the way of hints as to who it was.

16 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

Not related to Hill, but IT has been saying for a while that a big time Houston prospect, I believe one committed elsewhere already, was denied tickets this past weekend because the staff felt they were just coming for the show and not as a serious prospect. They never gave much more in the way of hints as to who it was.

Its gotta be Hill. 

Every player in the nation at this point is "unsigned." Signing day is not until December. This is what kills me about a lot of fans and recruiting gurus. A verbal commitment does not mean diddly. Players commit, then de-commit regularly. Just like our recruitment of Anthony Hill in this thread. You keep crootin' til the ink is dry on the letter.