Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Texas is right there with the big boys when it comes to the elite of the elite commits so far in 2023. 

Alabama with 5 Top 50 players out of a total of 21 commits, 23.8%. 

Texas with 5 Top 50 players out of a total of 22 commits, 22.7%. 

Ohio State with 4 Top 50 players out of a total of 20 commits, 20.0%.

Georgia with 3 Top 50 players out of a total of 18 commits, 16.7%. 

Source: On3 Consensus rankings (much better than the 247 composite)

Why do you like On1 over 24/7? Except for Shanshan OL rateings are close maybe 2-3 spots. Just wondering I may be missing some thing.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Why do you like On1 over 24/7? Except for Shanshan OL rateings are close maybe 2-3 spots. Just wondering I may be missing some thing.

+ The On3 Consensus Team Recruiting Ranking is the only ranking that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies: On3, 247Sports, Rivals.com and ESPN.

+ The On3 Consensus Team Recruiting Ranking is the only ranking that equally weights the four major media companies at 25%. Other industry composite ratings disproportionately weight their own rating.  

+ The On3 Consensus Team Recruiting Ranking solves the problem of varying class sizes during the recruiting cycle. It compiles the highest-rated commits for each team up to a total based on a rolling average of current total commitments among Power 5 schools.

With this model, there are no bonus points for having more commitments than other teams and only small deductions occur when a team has fewer commitments than the rolling average. Unlike distribution (bell) curves, this model doesn’t disproportionately weight a team’s top three or four highest rated commits and is a more accurate representation of an entire class.

3 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

On3 also has a really neat feature where they show each players ranking for the Consensus, On3, 247, Rivals, and Espn. And you can see how each service ranks a player nationally, by position, and in their state. 

It is extremely easy to navigate and, if any other site has such a feature, then they do a good job of making it hard to find. 

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

On3 also has a really neat feature where they show each players ranking for the Consensus, On3, 247, Rivals, and Espn. And see how each service ranks a player nationally, by position, and in their state. 

It is extremely easy to navigate and, if any other site has such a feature, then they do a good job of making it hard to find. 

The way On3 has taken a fresh approach on some of these things has, or will, quickly put them in the top 2 recruiting resources IMO. 24/7 composite has been the gold standard for a while but On3 is going to push them I feel like.

ESPN recruiting is pretty crappy but they have the advantage of the entire ESPN brand, TV behind them.

On 8/21/2022 at 4:45 PM, MBHORNSFAN said:

It's called being objective and using common sense. Also you are not the authority on the definition of what a fan is. I expect us to lose bad but want us to win. If that makes me a bad fan or not a fan to you so be be it and ZFG.  I will be at every home game and several road games. Will you? If not you are not a fan just an observer. See how easy this is. 

I might not be the authority but you're not everything you think you are either. Your snarky comments to or about anyone who's an optimist are BS. So why don't you put me on ignore? At least then you and I won't waste any more time with each other.

On 8/21/2022 at 5:13 PM, bctex1106 said:

I'd bet a years worth of mortgage payments that we dont even keep it within 4 TDs. Someone can be a fan and also be objective and use common sense, as Mike said. Sorry if you don't like it. We're 9 months removed from losing to Kansas with the same problems we had then. Anyone who wants to pump sunshine and rainbows can kick rocks until we actually prove something on the field. I've hit my limit on the bullshit meter after a decade+ of being the laughing stock of CFB.

Kick rocks, eh? You probably need to put me on ignore as well.

46 minutes ago, Baron said:

I might not be the authority but you're not everything you think you are either. Your snarky comments to or about anyone who's an optimist are BS. So why don't you put me on ignore? At least then you and I won't waste any more time with each other.

Keep me posted Karen 

7 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

In 2022 it was

A&M with 10/30, 33%!

Bama with 8/24, 33%

Georiga with 7/30, 23.33%

Ohio State with 4/21, 19%

Notre Dame 1/22, 4%

Penn State 3/24, 12.5%

Texas with 2/28, 7%

Of note, I think only 17 teams got commits from players in the top 50. 

Other note, A&M has 1 player currently in the top 50, and may land 2 more. I wonder what has changed so much there?

Aggy more or less had their BMDs do their shopping for them. They'd tell them who they liked and the BMDs would make contact. 

Remember when they'd host a recruit who was heavily leaning or committed somewhere else and suddenly stopped everything and committed to aggy upon visiting? Their campus looks like a federal prison, so it wasn't the scenery.

Saban opened his big fat mouth, as one aggy I know said, and the national spotlight was focused on aggy – who had just inexplicably had the best class ever. Aggy, who finished 4th in a division of a conference and has about a dozen weird ass traditions rational people say "oh hell no" to.

Saban's comment told many people all over that their suspicions weren't mistaken.

So somebody tapped aggy on the shoulder and said 'clean it up" more or less.

And I think its now changed because Texas shot up to top 5 while aggy sat at 47th ranked class. Panic has set it so the wallets and checkbooks are back out. Question is, is it too late in the game? Or will they simply poach other classes?

8 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Aggy more or less had their BMDs do their shopping for them. They'd tell them who they liked and the BMDs would make contact. 

Remember when they'd host a recruit who was heavily leaning or committed somewhere else and suddenly stopped everything and committed to aggy upon visiting? Their campus looks like a federal prison, so it wasn't the scenery.

Saban opened his big fat mouth, as one aggy I know said, and the national spotlight was focused on aggy – who had just inexplicably had the best class ever. Aggy, who finished 4th in a division of a conference and has about a dozen weird ass traditions rational people say "oh hell no" to.

Saban's comment told many people all over that their suspicions weren't mistaken.

And I think its now changed because Texas shot up to top 5 while aggy sat at 47th ranked class. Panic has set it so the wallets and checkbooks are back out. Question is, is it too late in the game? Or will they simply poach other classes?

The aggie 2022 recruiting class is an extreme outlier that pretty much has never been seen before. 

Still time for the dust to settle in the 2023 class but so far it is an outlier in the opposite direction. 

2 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

The aggie 2022 recruiting class is an extreme outlier that pretty much has never been seen before. 

Still time for the dust to settle in the 2023 class but so far it is an outlier in the opposite direction. 

Or does it reveal the true raw interest in aggy by recruits?

W/money – record setting class

w/o money – back in the pack.

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

So when does the 30 For 30 on this come out, 2030?  🤣