Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

2 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Read some where Deal prefers offence. 27 commitments goodbyeto 11.

Thought I read that the other way that he prefers defense.

"27 commitments goodbyeto 11" are you saying they will have to purge 16 other players from the roster?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Read some where Deal prefers offence. 27 commitments goodbyeto 11.

58 minutes ago, texbound said:

"27 commitments goodbyeto 11" are you saying they will have to purge 16 other players from the roster?

Deal wants defense first.

3 hours ago, Sugabread said:

I should clarify when I mean compete.  That means playing above their projections.  I believe they will compete in the future with bama but to do it this year they have to play above their expectations.  Will they who knows but I believe they are capable.  Hopefully they surprise everyone including Horn fans.  Do they have the will power to do that. Come Sept 9th we will find out.

Anyways back to recruiting.  Is Toviano still announcing the 25th?

Toviano sounds like he is pushing his timeline back. Will probably take it into September or October. He plays things close to the vest so hard for all the recruiting guys to get a good read on him.

8 hours ago, david ficken said:

Hey TFloss,

Since everyone else seems to want to derail the recruiting thread for the '23 season for the game that is 3 weeks away; I read this as a possibly to be here on the 10th of Sept. What is the thoughts of him actually showing up then? Plus who else is a possible showing up for the game?

The Damon Wilson visit on Sept 10th isnt set in stone, but Gerry did go visit with him in person and was told by him that he wants to take an OV that weekend. In recruiting, we never know about these visits until they make it to campus.

2 hours ago, texbound said:

No 11    16 Srs. by my count.

6 hours ago, Sugabread said:

I should clarify when I mean compete.  That means playing above their projections.  I believe they will compete in the future with bama but to do it this year they have to play above their expectations.  Will they who knows but I believe they are capable.  Hopefully they surprise everyone including Horn fans.  Do they have the will power to do that. Come Sept 9th we will find out.

Anyways back to recruiting.  Is Toviano still announcing the 25th?

"Come Sept 9th we will find out."

Wait a minute. What are we going to find out on Sept 9th?

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You have to read those several times. Hell he could have been talking about lizard saliva being used to cure cancer.

I have read more conflicting reports this year than I can remember

24/7 uses a gaussian distribution formula bell curve to rate team rankings. No wonder we can not understand thier ratings.

36 minutes ago, java said:

On any given day, any team can beat any other team, that is why they play the games.

I will never concede a loss.  Just ask the Texas team that whipped 3 touchdown favorite Nebraska in the Big 12 Championship game and JB.

And the Kansas teams that beat Texas. 🤮

1 hour ago, java said:

On any given day, any team can beat any other team, that is why they play the games.

I will never concede a loss.  Just ask the Texas team that whipped 3 touchdown favorite Nebraska in the Big 12 Championship game and JB.

And this one

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You have to read those several times. Hell he could have been talking about lizard saliva being used to cure cancer.

6 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

Nope, Lizard Spit is only used to treat diabetes these days. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3219279/

Lizard spit is what Earl used to drink every morning and s..t out roses in the evening! We need more of that

3 hours ago, java said:

I’m more hesitant this year than ever to jump on the bandwagon. I feel really good about this group and Sark. However, I loved what Strong did when he threw out the bad apples and tried to bring his culture, with limited results. I know I won’t get much fanfair for saying this, but I still love Strong and he was righting the ship. He was forced to fire assistants to save face and ultimately lost his job because no continuity was ever established. Herman’s win over Georgia was with Strong’s recruits and leftovers he didn’t give the boot to. Sark needs at least 4 years and coordinators/position coaches not changing jobs every year.

3 minutes ago, CorrienteKid said:

I’m more hesitant this year than ever to jump on the bandwagon. I feel really good about this group and Sark. However, I loved what Strong did when he threw out the bad apples and tried to bring his culture, with limited results. I know I won’t get much fanfair for saying this, but I still love Strong and he was righting the ship. He was forced to fire assistants to save face and ultimately lost his job because no continuity was ever established. Herman’s win over Georgia was with Strong’s recruits and leftovers he didn’t give the boot to. Sark needs at least 4 years and coordinators/position coaches not changing jobs every year.

And, I’m still impressed that ETH was at the Tex/OU game before many of your parents were born. I salute you ETH!!

Texas is right there with the big boys when it comes to the elite of the elite commits so far in 2023. 

Alabama with 5 Top 50 players out of a total of 21 commits, 23.8%. 

Texas with 5 Top 50 players out of a total of 22 commits, 22.7%. 

Ohio State with 4 Top 50 players out of a total of 20 commits, 20.0%.

Georgia with 3 Top 50 players out of a total of 18 commits, 16.7%. 

Source: On3 Consensus rankings (much better than the 247 composite)

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Texas is right there with the big boys when it comes to the elite of the elite commits so far in 2023. 

Alabama with 5 Top 50 players out of a total of 21 commits, 23.8%. 

Texas with 5 Top 50 players out of a total of 22 commits, 22.7%. 

Ohio State with 4 Top 50 players out of a total of 20 commits, 20.0%.

Georgia with 3 Top 50 players out of a total of 18 commits, 16.7%. 

Source: On3 Consensus rankings (much better than the 247 composite)

In 2022 it was

A&M with 10/30, 33%!

Bama with 8/24, 33%

Georiga with 7/30, 23.33%

Ohio State with 4/21, 19%

Notre Dame 1/22, 4%

Penn State 3/24, 12.5%

Texas with 2/28, 7%

Of note, I think only 17 teams got commits from players in the top 50. 

Other note, A&M has 1 player currently in the top 50, and may land 2 more. I wonder what has changed so much there?