Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2023 Recruiting Board/Thread

TFloss32

6 hours ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

You're correct. I don't know the exact formula, but I believe that they only count the top 20 or so in order to have  an apples to apples comparison. So they drop the players with the lowest ratings once you get above that threshold. That way all classes are only ranked by their top 20 players. 

Ok, that makes sense.

12 hours ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

You're correct. I don't know the exact formula, but I believe that they only count the top 20 or so in order to have  an apples to apples comparison. So they drop the players with the lowest ratings once you get above that threshold. That way all classes are only ranked by their top 20 players. 

The guys after 20 don't get dropped completely but their values become pretty miniscule. 

20 does seem to be the magic number, above that and the score for players start getting adjusted down a bit.

Sark to recruits after the Alabama game:  “Boys. Texas needs you.  Help us take it to the next level.   Join us now, and the next time Alabama plays In our house, they are the ones leaving with the loss.”   

1 hour ago, UT1983 said:

Sark to recruits after the Alabama game:  “Boys. Texas needs you.  Help us take it to the next level.   Join us now, and the next time Alabama plays In our house, they are the ones leaving with the loss.”   

Recruiting is all about being a salesman. Regardless of the outcome you can find a way to sell it to recruits.

Blow out loss - sell it just like you said

Close loss - sell the positive of being so close, "just need you to get us over the hump"

Win - well, that'll sell itself

2 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Bold strategy bringing in some many recruits to watch you get drug by 30 points. 

We will see how the visitor list shakes out but it seems we will have maybe 10 max high profile uncommitted 2023 guys on officials, some commits and 2024 studs on unofficials. 

The 11 o clock kick off is a help for recruiting, the staff will have a lot of time after the game to spend with recruits. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Bold strategy bringing in some many recruits to watch you get drug by 30 points. 

They won't be able to replicate that overall weekend atmosphere until they enter the SEC.

They know they're likely to get beat soundly. 

Five-star guys like Duce and Wilson aren't visiting for mighty West Virginia.

56 minutes ago, burkesd23 said:

Game plan should have a lot of Bijan, Kelian and brooks, control the time of possession, make the game go fast and keep bama off the field and it’s anyones game 

Assuming our OL can control bamas defensive line. I have 2 words. Nuh uh.

1 hour ago, bctex1106 said:

Agree, tbh. Not really looking forward to seeing our best recruits in attendance for a slaughter. 

Why do y'all think that this game will be a "slaughter"? What if we keep it close or God forbid we win it?

9 minutes ago, Baron said:

Why do y'all think that this game will be a "slaughter"? What if we keep it close or God forbid we win it?

Is this a serious question?

We lost to Kansas last year and Bama is picked to win it all again. We struggle with bottom feeder Big 12 schools since 2010. 

5 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Is this a serious question?

We lost to Kansas last year and Bama is picked to win it all again. We struggle with bottom feeder Big 12 schools since 2010. 

Yes.

Why would anyone already concede any game at this point? You're not a fan, you're just an observer if you have already given up. What if we play them like we did LSU during their championship run?

You seem to think the score will be 63-0. What if it's 45-35? Is that embarrassing to you?

1 hour ago, Baron said:

Yes.

Why would anyone already concede any game at this point? You're not a fan, you're just an observer if you have already given up. What if we play them like we did LSU during their championship run?

You seem to think the score will be 63-0. What if it's 45-35? Is that embarrassing to you?

It's called being objective and using common sense. Also you are not the authority on the definition of what a fan is. I expect us to lose bad but want us to win. If that makes me a bad fan or not a fan to you so be be it and ZFG.  I will be at every home game and several road games. Will you? If not you are not a fan just an observer. See how easy this is. 

Hard to call the Alabama game. Bama will be on the road for a nonconference game that they're heavily favored to win and could be over confident. Hopefully the young Horns will have something to prove and play hard. Not saying we'll win, but it could definitely be close. Given a couple of breaks, and who knows?